Clay 67 Corbin 61

Hounds were 3-of-13 from 3-point range. Both teams shot horrid until the fourth quarter. Corbin shot 21-of-51 and Clay 20-of-57.

I'll say this Clay will need to improve its guard play tremendously if it wants to beat a team like South.

You are correct. Clay's guard play is improving but is it at a fast enough pase to compete with South?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What does Swim normally average? I was expecting more from him with Swafford out. Jones will still get his shots, he must.

I'm guessing about 10-12 points a game. He seems to play better when the play is not very physical.......... at least I feel like he should be more agressive than he is. Corbin is missing that banger inside that would really help against a team that is so interior oriented as Clay.

It also never hurts when you get 30 free throws to your opponents 15. Looked like alot of the same contact on both ends just different whistles. Hats off to the Tigers they stepped up their play without " The Minister of the Interior". Big difference was the first quarter production of Lewis. Two dagger threes to help the Tigers get off to a good start. Never thought I would say it, but the 15th region officals will be a welcomed sight come 13th region tournament.

I'm not getting into it about the officiating, but if Corbin is going to win the big games, you've got to get the ball to Crwaford in clutch situations. Also, the most obvious thing I saw in the game was that Hibbard pushes off everytime he drives to the bakset or is being heavily guarded. That's a fact.

It will be hard for anyone to push off one of South guards. Those guys are all very strong and much bigger than the smaller Hounds. I certainly hope South and Clay play in the region to settle this debate on the court. Clay has been calling for this matchup all season long. Sometimes what you wish for is more than you wanted, when you get it.

For Corbin to win the 50th district, the Redhounds' guard play and post-play MUST improve tremendously. Depending on Crawford alone will not cut it against South.

Corbin makes too many careless turnovers, which usually lead to easy baskets for the other team. This alone will prevent them from beating good teams, let alone South Laurel.

Teams have really started to get physical with the Corbin inside players for a couple of reasons; 1) Crawford is the only one who finishes after receiving contact 2)Corbin does not get to the line very often for a team that relies on inside scoring, so why not.

It will be hard for anyone to push off one of South guards. Those guys are all very strong and much bigger than the smaller Hounds. I certainly hope South and Clay play in the region to settle this debate on the court. Clay has been calling for this matchup all season long. Sometimes what you wish for is more than you wanted, when you get it.

I don't recall any post where Clay has been calling for this matchup. Any Clay fan that would want play South in the final is delusional. Clay will be fortunate if they make it to the final anyway. Some probably wish Clay has to play South in the final instead of their team so Clay will lose by 30 instead of them. Clay will gladly take the challenge as an underdog by 20 or more...Unlike others, Clay will not fear them. I'm with you on one thing, I hope it's a Clay-South Final.

I don't recall any post where Clay has been calling for this matchup. Any Clay fan that would want play South in the final is delusional. Clay will be fortunate if they make it to the final anyway. Some probably wish Clay has to play South in the final instead of their team so Clay will lose by 30 instead of them. Clay will gladly take the challenge as an underdog by 20 or more...Unlike others, Clay will not fear them. I'm with you on one thing, I hope it's a Clay-South Final.

I hope that someone(Clay, Corbin, North, B'ville)gives South a battle anyway in the regional tournament and I will be very surprised if it does not happen!

Regardless of what happens in the regular season Corbin seems to find another gear in the post season. Coach P is really maturing as a coach, but Corbin does seem to rely too much on the Crawford kid. Guard play is the weak link for Corbin and when pressured they seem to fold at times. All in all I would not want to play Corbin in the post season, whether I am am SL, Clay or anyone else in the region.

Hounds have to do a few more things correctly in order to win some games in the district and regional. Careless turnovers and execution at critical times have resulted in most of the losses this season. I noticed 5 or 6 losses have been by less than 8 points. In close games the big stop, rebound or running of a pattern correctly make the difference. Games like last night at Clay are priceless if the Hounds can learn from their mistakes. The regular season is the homework, the post season is the big test. Buckle down Corbin and continue to improve.

Hounds have to do a few more things correctly in order to win some games in the district and regional. Careless turnovers and execution at critical times have resulted in most of the losses this season. I noticed 5 or 6 losses have been by less than 8 points. In close games the big stop, rebound or running of a pattern correctly make the difference. Games like last night at Clay are priceless if the Hounds can learn from their mistakes. The regular season is the homework, the post season is the big test. Buckle down Corbin and continue to improve.

:ylsuper: