Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Signing KY players

Featured Replies

Although I have heard that EKU offered several Kentucky high schoolers, I didn't see that they signed any. The bulk of their signees seem to have come from Florida. Does anyone have any insight into why they had a problem signing Kentucky players? How many did they offer?

 

My personal opinion is that you must establish solid recruiting ties in your home state. I'm glad to see UK doing a pretty good job of picking up some of the top players from the state each year. I know Western signed a good number. What's up at EKU?

EKU contacted my son two weeks ago and offered him a walk-on invitation. They claimed that their recruiter, who's terriotry includes N. KY., is also the academic monitor for the football program. He had to be pulled off his terriotry and it apparently had a domino effect throughout the state.

I heard that EKU offered 25 kids from KY. I think someone even published a list of all of the kids offered.

Their signing list has none, their offers list has four. Now that doesn't mean they didn't offer more Ky. kids just not kids that were on Rivals. 80 plus kids on rivals from Ky. were looking for scholarship offers.

With the talent at the skills postions that has been coming out of Kentucky recently it seems a shame that they come up with no one.

^ I couldn't agree with you more. Out of 80 plus and probably 50 plus more that seem to get over looked each year and not find one. In fairness they are looking to sign some in-state players in the next few weeks is what the update rumor is.

I heard that EKU offered 25 kids from KY. I think someone even published a list of all of the kids offered.

 

I don't think they had 25 schollys available to offer, and if they did, there is not way they would have offered all to instate players when they only make up about 25% of their roster from the 2005 season. They only have 70 schollys total as a 1AA program, and that would mean that they had nearly 36% of their schollys come open for the 2006 season. This is not their modus operandi, never has been, and probably never will be. I understand that they have to get some players from out of state, all the better programs must be open to that. But to have signed 0 to date? They just don't show any real belief in recruiting our instate players.

^ I couldn't agree with you more. Out of 80 plus and probably 50 plus more that seem to get over looked each year and not find one. In fairness they are looking to sign some in-state players in the next few weeks is what the update rumor is.

 

I hope you are right. I expect they will feel some heat to sign at least 2 to deflect criticism.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.