Signing KY players

TheRebel

Although I have heard that EKU offered several Kentucky high schoolers, I didn't see that they signed any. The bulk of their signees seem to have come from Florida. Does anyone have any insight into why they had a problem signing Kentucky players? How many did they offer?

My personal opinion is that you must establish solid recruiting ties in your home state. I'm glad to see UK doing a pretty good job of picking up some of the top players from the state each year. I know Western signed a good number. What's up at EKU?

EKU contacted my son two weeks ago and offered him a walk-on invitation. They claimed that their recruiter, who's terriotry includes N. KY., is also the academic monitor for the football program. He had to be pulled off his terriotry and it apparently had a domino effect throughout the state.

Here is a thread on this very subject. According to rivals.com EKU offered 4 Ky. kids two went to Ky., one went to WKU., and the other went to Colorado. They recurited several others but didn't make no offers. Of all the kids in Kentucky UK got 10 WKU got 9 and Murray State got 5. EKU. 0 http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?t=89257

I heard that EKU offered 25 kids from KY. I think someone even published a list of all of the kids offered.

I don't think they had 25 schollys available to offer, and if they did, there is not way they would have offered all to instate players when they only make up about 25% of their roster from the 2005 season. They only have 70 schollys total as a 1AA program, and that would mean that they had nearly 36% of their schollys come open for the 2006 season. This is not their modus operandi, never has been, and probably never will be. I understand that they have to get some players from out of state, all the better programs must be open to that. But to have signed 0 to date? They just don't show any real belief in recruiting our instate players.

^ I couldn't agree with you more. Out of 80 plus and probably 50 plus more that seem to get over looked each year and not find one. In fairness they are looking to sign some in-state players in the next few weeks is what the update rumor is.

I hope you are right. I expect they will feel some heat to sign at least 2 to deflect criticism.