Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Occultism in Entertainment/Media

Featured Replies

  • Author
You don't need the satanic imagery to think a life of hedonism is the way to go. That particular philosophy is pretty much what contemporary culture is all about.

 

Right but it goes beyond just living a riske lifestyle. It goes beyond partying and enjoying all the pleasures of life. A lot of these stars today go out of their way to flash the imagery or make it a point to get this symbology out there. It's one thing to party and live like a rock star, its another to act like a Crowley disciple.

  • Replies 252
  • Views 16.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure you can call what Miley's doing in her last couple music videos/big time performances (VMA's etc.) just the spoils of rockstardom. She's changing her image quick. Look at a picture or performance of her from just over a year ago and go back and look at one now, night and day. Not sure what extreme perversion has to do with spoils of being young and rich.

 

Because they aren't mature enough to handle the stardom. Also, I don't think they have the talent to sustain it. It was fine when their target audience was preteens but now they have to make grown up music and it just isn't very good. They don't know how to handle that. Plus they've always had people catering to them and telling them how good they are. They have to do something to stay in the lime light. There are plenty of young stars that have made the transition without humping blow up pigs on stage. The difference is they had/have talent.

  • Author

This is very interesting if you have time to watch it, it's Dave Chapelle explaining his experience in the biz. Good stuff starts around 2 minute mark.

 

[video=youtube_share;Hdz5KunxWOE]http://youtu.be/Hdz5KunxWOE

  • Author

[video=youtube_share;cj-NLUA8P0c]

Now I don't know about all this Illuminati business...

 

Conspiracy theories have fascinated me for a long time and while nothing I've ever read or seen makes me believe them, they're all born out of a very real fear that their proponents have of the world around them. I absolutely believe that the culture in Hollywood is toxic; and I'm sure that being under the thumb of industry executives probably feels the way people describe.

 

But the conspiracy theories about Illiminati are a step too far. Like a smart person once told me: if there's a secret being kept by any three people, you can bet that two of them are dead.

  • Author
Now I don't know about all this Illuminati business...

 

Conspiracy theories have fascinated me for a long time and while nothing I've ever read or seen makes me believe them, they're all born out of a very real fear that their proponents have of the world around them. I absolutely believe that the culture in Hollywood is toxic; and I'm sure that being under the thumb of industry executives probably feels the way people describe.

 

But the conspiracy theories about Illiminati are a step too far. Like a smart person once told me: if there's a secret being kept by any three people, you can bet that two of them are dead.

 

Yeah I hate a lot of this stuff gets labled "illuminati this" "illuminati" that, but the concept of a certain elite in power and making certain decisions is pretty realistic IMO. I hate that the phrase illuminati gets tossed around so much, but I do think there are certain dark groups out there who's primary concern is power, wealth, fame, etc.

  • Author

Like NORE said in that video, he wasn't calling it the illuminati but said there's an extra step you have to take once you make it so far in the business.

This reminds me of about 15 years ago where on my nights off I used to go to a popular gritty slimy laundromat club called Sudsy Malones near the University of Cincinnati frequented by punk/indie kids where I've seen a many of excellent to awful shows where quite often I attended, when previous to the show I knew nothing of the acts that were to perform.

 

On this one given night the two acts on the bill were headliners "Electric Hellfire Club" and a local goth metal band. While hanging around alone before the show began, I noticed that the crowd was not the usual bunch, and that there were an unusual weirdness coming from the people there in attendance, as well as a significant number of older patrons perhaps in their 40's and 50s.

 

Although at first I wasn't looking for the unusual, but little by little started noticing t-shirts even from the older bunch with symbolism and blatant things like "Hail Satan" . If this would've been on kid's shirts I would've just written them off as rebellious, but the out of the ordinary older folks puzzled me. What the "hell" (no pun intended) had I attended?

 

Although this thread is more about mainstream pop, this was certainly a more underground band and its weirdo fans.

 

For starters the egotistical lead singer would not let the local band set up their gear on stage so they had to resort to plugging in on the floor instead. The local goth Black Sabbath type band was comprised of very young and very short in height kids with bad makeup on, with a lead singer with long straight black hair down to his knees. Because the band wasn't on the stage, the audience made a circle around them where actually it made for a weird but interesting halloween effect as the singer moved about the circle acting freaky right in people's faces. Being short it felt like we were all looking down at the band in a pit. They were pretty decent in playing in the Black Sabbath style.

 

After they finished, a good number of the older satanists types kept following the local lead singer around 'til it was obvious that they were creeping him out and he locked himself in the bathroom and wouldn't come out. Then the egotistical lead singer of the EHC started slamming doors and making a rukkus about God only knows what.

 

Eventually the band took the stage and musically it was an Industrial Metal style where everything about the lyrics were in worship of satan with the weird audience acting all in submission to the band with forked fingers in the air.

 

I had seen numerous goth like bands where it was nothing to take too seriously, and even these local goths this night were pretty much kids that wanted to jam like Sabbath and play Halloween, but obviously weren't really Satanist. The EHC and its audience certainly were.

 

After watching the scene out of curiosity for perhaps 5 tunes, I had enough and felt like I had already given them way too much of my time, so I headed for the exit. I felt like it would've been a shot to my dignity if I had hung out for the duration of their despicable evil set. The band and the audience were arrogant and smarmy and gave me the creeps.

 

Had the chance to catch the local goth band again at a battle of the bands where I spoke before their set to the lead singer about that crazy evening. Gone was the long goth hair and he also was a well mannered kid that didn't speak to kindly of his experience that night. I let him know that I had witnessed what he went though and felt bad for him to get seriously creeped out by those weird ones. I told him that as a unintended result of having to play on the floor that he and his band gave a really cool unforgettable performance that overshadowed the headliners abhorrent nonsense.

 

I stayed to listen to their BOTB set and they killed it. I can't for the life of me remember his band's name, but for what they were jamming on in the goth metal genre, it was Sabbath quality groovy, but not anything to be taken psycho Satan serious.

 

I remember as a teen, a neighbor kid was all into satanic symbolism and Sabbath music. He was talking all bad and stuff, and I said to him "Hey answer me this, without you knowing with real certainty the existence of God or Satan, why would you decide to choose evil over good?" and went on to dissect Sabbath lyrics to him pointing out that Ozzy truly spoke highly of God and put down Satan. I stole his thunder and ruined his fun as he really didn't have any answers. I always wondered if what I said to him ever stuck much after our conversation.

  • Author

Another thought is the symbolism and imagery has been prevelant for a while in metal music, dark metal, etc. But those were always obscure genres that didn't contain the majority of music lovers. A lot of those acts were pretty open to the fact they considered themselves satanists or occult lovers. However, a lot of the same stuff you used to only see/hear in those types of genres are now widespread among the music industry's most popular and most listened to forums. I understand it was nothing to see these symbols used by metal acts, but now you are seeing them with everyone.

  • Author
This reminds me of about 15 years ago where on my nights off I used to go to a popular gritty slimy laundromat club called Sudsy Malones near the University of Cincinnati frequented by punk/indie kids where I've seen a many of excellent to awful shows where quite often I attended, when previous to the show I knew nothing of the acts that were to perform.

 

On this one given night the two acts on the bill were headliners "Electric Hellfire Club" and a local goth metal band. While hanging around alone before the show began, I noticed that the crowd was not the usual bunch, and that there were an unusual weirdness coming from the people there in attendance, as well as a significant number of older patrons perhaps in their 40's and 50s.

 

Although at first I wasn't looking for the unusual, but little by little started noticing t-shirts even from the older bunch with symbolism and blatant things like "Hail Satan" . If this would've been on kid's shirts I would've just written them off as rebellious, but the out of the ordinary older folks puzzled me. What the "hell" (no pun intended) had I attended?

 

Although this thread is more about mainstream pop, this was certainly a more underground band and its weirdo fans.

 

For starters the egotistical lead singer would not let the local band set up their gear on stage so they had to resort to plugging in on the floor instead. The local goth Black Sabbath type band was comprised of very young and very short in height kids with bad makeup on, with a lead singer with long straight black hair down to his knees. Because the band wasn't on the stage, the audience made a circle around them where actually it made for a weird but interesting halloween effect as the singer moved about the circle acting freaky right in people's faces. Being short it felt like we were all looking down at the band in a pit. They were pretty decent in playing in the Black Sabbath style.

 

After they finished, a good number of the older satanists types kept following the local lead singer around 'til it was obvious that they were creeping him out and he locked himself in the bathroom and wouldn't come out. Then the egotistical lead singer of the EHC started slamming doors and making a rukkus about God only knows what.

 

Eventually the band took the stage and musically it was an Industrial Metal style where everything about the lyrics were in worship of satan with the weird audience acting all in submission to the band with forked fingers in the air.

 

I had seen numerous goth like bands where it was nothing to take too seriously, and even these local goths this night were pretty much kids that wanted to jam like Sabbath and play Halloween, but obviously weren't really Satanist. The EHC and its audience certainly were.

 

After watching the scene out of curiosity for perhaps 5 tunes, I had enough and felt like I had already given them way too much of my time, so I headed for the exit. I felt like it would've been a shot to my dignity if I had hung out for the duration of their despicable evil set. The band and the audience were arrogant and smarmy and gave me the creeps.

 

Had the chance to catch the local goth band again at a battle of the bands where I spoke before their set to the lead singer about that crazy evening. Gone was the long goth hair and he also was a well mannered kid that didn't speak to kindly of his experience that night. I let him know that I had witnessed what he went though and felt bad for him to get seriously creeped out by those weird ones. I told him that as a unintended result of having to play on the floor that he and his band gave a really cool unforgettable performance that overshadowed the headliners abhorrent nonsense.

 

I stayed to listen to their BOTB set and they killed it. I can't for the life of me remember his band's name, but for what they were jamming on in the goth metal genre, it was Sabbath quality groovy, but not anything to be taken psycho Satan serious.

 

I remember as a teen, a neighbor kid was all into satanic symbolism and Sabbath music. He was talking all bad and stuff, and I said to him "Hey answer me this, without you knowing with real certainty the existence of God or Satan, why would you decide to choose evil over good?" and went on to dissect Sabbath lyrics to him pointing out that Ozzy truly spoke highly of God and put down Satan. I stole his thunder and ruined his fun as he really didn't have any answers. I always wondered if what I said to him ever stuck much after our conversation.

 

Good stuff.

 

As for the bands name, Electric Hellfire Club. The Hellfire Club was a secret society in England that met in the Hellfire Caves (which were located undera church but not sure what town). The church was supposed to represent heaven on earth, the caves hell. The Hellfire club would have secret meetings, group orgies, pagan worship, and even ritual sacrifice. It is also a known fact Ben Franklin was a member of this organization and would meet with them while in England.

 

 

Also for the horn symbol, it really is a satanic hand sign. For years I dismissed this as non sense and thought it just meant wooo rock and roll. The more literature I started to read about the occult and satanism the more I realized this was no joke. This symbol really is used by satanists. Other common hand signs are basically like the three goggle I'm sure most UK fans have thrown up. It is meant to represent 666. Then of course you have the ever constant eye of horus in which most will usually cover one eye to symbolize this. A lot of times people will use the horns symbol to cover the one eye.

  • Author

Here is an example of the eye of horus in combination of the satanic devil horns.

 

eminem.jpg

  • Author

Here is a picture of Madonna and the eye of horus. Madonna has obviously been flashing occultic imagery for decades now.

 

madonna.jpg

 

madonna 2.jpg

  • Author

Here is model Amber Rose (with inverted cross representing an inversion of Christianity) with Beyonce.

 

amberrose.jpg

  • Author

Beyonce and upside down pentagram/baphomet.

 

 

beyonce-baphomet.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.