Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hunting Camera

Featured Replies

First, I'm not a hunter. I've been hunting for squirrel and rabbit. But that was years ago.

 

Anyway, on to the topic.

 

I need some advice on a good hunting camera to mount to a tree in front of my house. I'm looking to use if for house security so to speak. I don't want to go in much detail, but I think we have an issue, but want some proof before I think about buying an expensive camera monitoring system.

 

My tree(s) that would work for mounting are aproximately 20, 10, 25 feet from the front of the house.

 

What should I look for in a good camera?

 

Do they make noise when taking pictures?

 

Is there a light that gives away it's position at night?

 

Are there camera's that can be locked around the tree and be difficult to get off?

 

 

Any help guidance or advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Lot's of good choices. You want an IR camera, no flash. Yes most models are lockable with a cable, chain, or even a lock box. Make sure to look at effective distance. Cuddeback is top of the line but can be a little pricey. I think for what you need you can go cheaper. Try Wildgame Innovations, Moultre, and Bushnell brands.

 

Wildgame has an IR model called the mini or micro (something like that) for under $100, has a 60ft range.

 

Also check out chasingame.com for lots of reviews.

The Cuddeback Attack IR is less than 300. I have 3 of them. They're reliable and undetectable. I kept one on a tree by my driveway. Knew every soul who came and went and when , totally unknown by them.

 

But there are many available now that are terrific.

  • Author
The Cuddeback Attack IR is less than 300. I have 3 of them. They're reliable and undetectable. I kept one on a tree by my driveway. Knew every soul who came and went and when ' date=' totally unknown by them. But there are many available now that are terrific.[/quote']

 

Sounds like that's one I need to check out. The others I've looked at have had reviews stating the animals or humans have known when their picture has been taken. I don't want them to know

  • Author
The Cuddeback Attack IR is less than 300. I have 3 of them. They're reliable and undetectable. I kept one on a tree by my driveway. Knew every soul who came and went and when , totally unknown by them.

 

But there are many available now that are terrific.

 

Is this it?

 

Cuddeback Attack IR 5MP Game Camera

Amazon.com: Cuddeback Attack IR 5MP Game Camera: Sports & Outdoors

That's the one

  • Author

Well, based on the news the wife just gave me, I think we're going to be purchasing a full surveillance system.

Ruh Roh!!!

 

What happened NamecipS?

Ruh Roh!!!

 

What happened NamecipS?

 

Wondering the same thing

How about you buy the Cuddeback then when you get you surveillance system you can give me the Cuddeback.:clap:

  • Author
Ruh Roh!!! What happened NamecipS?

 

 

Without going in to much detail, we think we have visitors in our house when we're gone and maybe even after we go to bed. Strange things happening in the house. Lights on that weren't on when we went to bed and locks that are unlocked that were locked when we left or went to bed.

 

I will be talking to local law enforcement, but the family wants more than some extra drive by's. We have a security system but either it's not working(which I don't think is the case) or they're somehow deactivating it.

 

So we're going to add some cameras. It's crazy, we are not rich and don't have a lot of valuables.

 

I will put somebody down if I catch them in my house.

Wow, if I thought someone was coming into my house when I was asleep I'm not sure how I would react. But it probably wouldn't be with a camera. Does this happen often?

Do you have any teenagers in the house?

  • Author
Do you have any teenagers in the house?

 

Yes, but I don't think he's doing any of this or having friends over. Now if his sisters were still teenagers and living with us, that's a whole different discussion

If stake that out with my own surveillance. I agree with you, I'd whack an intruder. That's some scary stuff.

 

good luck NamecipS

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.