Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hunting Camera

Featured Replies

I would suggest spending $200 on the top of the line security blanket model. It usually comes in Black and Tan color and sometimes Black and Silver.

 

Most refer to them as Spike, Brutus and King...Just sayin

Yes, but I don't think he's doing any of this or having friends over. Now if his sisters were still teenagers and living with us, that's a whole different discussion

 

Sleepwalking? If it's somebody already in the house (you, your wife, your son)...then that may explain why the security system hasn't detected anything.

If I thought someone was entering my house, there is no way I would ever fall asleep. I hope you find out the answer!

 

Thanks for the tip Spindoc. I ordered one of the Cuddebacks. I am not worried about intruders (so much), but we just moved to the farm, and it is set way off the road, so: 1) I can see what animals are actually coming in the yard (other than the deer and turkey); and 2) I can make sure no one else is visiting.

 

I have four of Sweeperboy's aforementioned security blanket models, and they seem to discourage people and everything else from coming around when they are out.

I purchased The Cuddeback IR and attached it to a tree in my back yard. Also, I put out some corn and a salt block to see what happened. I will attach one of many videos and photos, but I am enjoying my camera. Thanks for the recommendation Spindoc. Hopefully you can see the short one pic below. The quality is excellent. Cdy00013.jpg

I purchased The Cuddeback IR and attached it to a tree in my back yard. Also, I put out some corn and a salt block to see what happened. I will attach one of many videos and photos, but I am enjoying my camera. Thanks for the recommendation Spindoc. Hopefully you can see the short one pic below. The quality is excellent. [ATTACH=CONFIG]41647[/ATTACH]

They are definitely lots of fun and the Cuddes are top of the line. Hands down the fastest trigger speed and they take great pics. It looks like you have a beautiful place there doomer. How much property do you have?

Only 11 acres are mine...but I sit in the middle of around 500 acres of woods,crops and pasture on all four sides except for about 300 feet which borders a neighbors back property line. I am about 1/4mile from my nearest neighbor (this one owns 150 of the acres that are part of my border), so it is very private, and I get a fair number of wild visitors.

 

I grew up and always lived in the suburbs, so it was a dream of mine to have a little land. However, I wasn't really sure how I would get along, but I am really enjoying it. My wife grew up on a farm, so no worries for her, and the kids are all grown.

 

Thanks very much for your comment!

Only 11 acres are mine...but I sit in the middle of around 500 acres of woods,crops and pasture on all four sides except for about 300 feet which borders a neighbors back property line. I am about 1/4mile from my nearest neighbor (this one owns 150 of the acres that are part of my border), so it is very private, and I get a fair number of wild visitors.

 

I grew up and always lived in the suburbs, so it was a dream of mine to have a little land. However, I wasn't really sure how I would get along, but I am really enjoying it. My wife grew up on a farm, so no worries for her, and the kids are all grown.

 

Thanks very much for your comment!

 

Sounds even better with your description. I wish I could get my wife to move out in the country, at least a little.

Sounds even better with your description. I wish I could get my wife to move out in the country, at least a little.

I grew up on the streets of Newport, my wife grew up on a farm. I wanted an old farm house with at least 10 acres. Wife said no way, she wanted her kids to grow up in a neighborhood with other kids. Long story short, 22 years later, we live in a subdivision and she wishes we lived on a farm because she don't like the kids in our neighborhood. :banghead:

Sounds even better with your description. I wish I could get my wife to move out in the country, at least a little.

 

Don't give up. We are only 2 1/2 miles from the major shopping area of Frankfort so one doesn't have to go out too far to enjoy a piece of the country.

I only shoot the deer with my camera, but I got a nice picture actually with my Canon through a window of my house Sunday evening.

3 deer 2.jpg

food hog.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.