Bishop Brossart 1 George Rogers Clark 0 (Boys) 10th Region

It's Miller Time as Mustangs Survive and Advance | Bishop Brossart High School Boys' Soccer | iHigh.com

Congrats to the Mustangs. Makes the 2 hour journey worth while.

The attached article gives a little more detail.

Good luck Thursday against the Thorobreds.

TAC, Were you there? I wish I would have known. I would have looked for you. Maybe we can hook up on Thursday. PM me and we can make plans.

So Stang, CJ and TAC....Will it be Scott/BB again for the 10th? Not sure of the brackets.

Scott at 8-9-1, sports a losing record but that is very deceiving. They were without the services of all District soccer jock Blake Schneider and the services of Treadway for several games. They face off against Montgomery County (on their home turf) who is 14-6-1 and have run off 10 straight victories. It's tough to call this one.

As for the other semi. Brossart comes in having defeated the Thorobreds 5-1 VERY early in the season. Brossart boasts the regions best record of 17-4 but 3 of their losses have come after their All State championship run. Plus the fact that Harrison County sent home a heavily favored Mustang team last season. This game is also a tough call.

I think what you have left is 4 very good soccer teams and all of them have a legit shot at making a nice run after the regional finals.

TAC, Were you there? I wish I would have known. I would have looked for you. Maybe we can hook up on Thursday. PM me and we can make plans.

I was not able to afford the gas for the journey last night. I attended a district semi final volleyball match instead. I'll PM you if I can save enough cash for Thursday's event. I have a place I can stay that is on the way so I'll look into the possibility of making the trip.

Scott at 8-9-1, sports a losing record but that is very deceiving. They were without the services of all District soccer jock Blake Schneider and the services of Treadway for several games. They face off against Montgomery County (on their home turf) who is 14-6-1 and have run off 10 straight victories. It's tough to call this one.

As for the other semi. Brossart comes in having defeated the Thorobreds 5-1 VERY early in the season. Brossart boasts the regions best record of 17-4 but 3 of their losses have come after their All State championship run. Plus the fact that Harrison County sent home a heavily favored Mustang team last season. This game is also a tough call.

I think what you have left is 4 very good soccer teams and all of them have a legit shot at making a nice run after the regional finals.

Ditto. Well said. If you need cash for Thursday, let me know and I will wire you some cash. Would love to see you.

The tenth regions run ends the game after as they will face the beast that is Dunbar. Dunbar is undefeated and nothing less then state championship is their goal. The 11th region champs will knock the 10th and then the 9th region off on their way to the state championship game. Trinity is the only thing that stands in their way IMO.

The tenth regions run ends the game after as they will face the beast that is Dunbar. Dunbar is undefeated and nothing less then state championship is their goal. The 11th region champs will knock the 10th and then the 9th region off on their way to the state championship game. Trinity is the only thing that stands in their way IMO.

Strong statement. From a small school point of view, the Mustangs need to focus on the game at hand. Looking ahead to possible future games doesn't do them any good. We can discuss how dominating Dunbar is, should Bishop Brossart make through their region. Good luck to you and to Dunbar.

Dunbar not my team but have seen a lot of soccer this year and NKY seems a little down . Dunbar lost in the final last year and will be playing at home against Trinity in the final this year. Not really going out on limb here but you heard it here first.

Not exactly accurate.

Only 8 teams advance to the State Tournament. The 9th/10 Region Champs will have to play a "Sectional" at NKU on either Monday or Tuesday night before either have to worry about Dunbar.

I would have to say that is dead on accurate. Dunbar will beat the 10th region winner like a rented mule probably. Depending on the 9th region winner that game will be a little better. Also agree that it is Dunbar and Trinity at the end. I'll go with Dunbar as well.

Not exactly accurate.

Only 8 teams advance to the State Tournament. The 9th/10 Region Champs will have to play a "Sectional" at NKU on either Monday or Tuesday night before either have to worry about Dunbar.

Is this correct? According to the KHSAA website - the 10th Region plays the 11th Region at 10th Region and 9th Region plays 12th Region at 12th Region - both on October 28th.

2013 Kentucky High School Boys Soccer