Bishop Brossart 1 George Rogers Clark 0 (Boys) 10th Region

Let me backtrack.

Disregard everything I said. You are right and I am wrong.

It does appear as though the 10th and 11th is the matchup for the sectional. ONLY if Brossart would win the 10th would the sectional be held at NKU (boys or girls).

When Melvin informed me that he had secured NKU for the possibility of our hosting the sectional, I asked him in passing if it were the 9th and 10th, which he affirmed. Obviously now, that is not correct and the 10th/11th Sectional matchups are correct.

Sorry for the misinformation.

Everyone seems to think that Trinity and Dunbar are already in the state finals. Dunbar hasn't even made the regional finals yet. If they beat Woodford county, they will face Henry Clay most likely, a team that has already tied them. Trinity has to face St. X again. Beating them 1-0 earlier hardly makes them a heavy favorite.... just saying that there's a lot of soccer to play yet. Who knows, it may all play out to Trinity and Dunbar, but I just can't see Henry Clay and St. X rolling over at this point of the season.

Everyone seems to think that Trinity and Dunbar are already in the state finals. Dunbar hasn't even made the regional finals yet. If they beat Woodford county, they will face Henry Clay most likely, a team that has already tied them. Trinity has to face St. X again. Beating them 1-0 earlier hardly makes them a heavy favorite.... just saying that there's a lot of soccer to play yet. Who knows, it may all play out to Trinity and Dunbar, but I just can't see Henry Clay and St. X rolling over at this point of the season.

I would agree that the toughest task for both Dunbar and Trinity may be to make it out of their own region. Trinity has a little tougher task there probably. Regardless, the teams coming out of those two regions have to be the favorites for the final.

My point exactly. Dunbar very well may be the team with the best chance to win it all, but we all know that in soccer, you never know how things are going to play out. Nothing would make us happier than to have an opportunity to play an eventual champion. At least we would know we gave it our best shot. But, as Redcard stated, there's a lot of soccer still to be played before we cross that hurdle.

Scott at 8-9-1, sports a losing record but that is very deceiving. They were without the services of all District soccer jock Blake Schneider and the services of Treadway for several games. They face off against Montgomery County (on their home turf) who is 14-6-1 and have run off 10 straight victories. It's tough to call this one.

As for the other semi. Brossart comes in having defeated the Thorobreds 5-1 VERY early in the season. Brossart boasts the regions best record of 17-4 but 3 of their losses have come after their All State championship run. Plus the fact that Harrison County sent home a heavily favored Mustang team last season. This game is also a tough call.

I think what you have left is 4 very good soccer teams and all of them have a legit shot at making a nice run after the regional finals.

TAC---you could be the Walter for soccer!