Paintsville v. Johnson Central Predictions??

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the fact is, Paintsville is much more talented than any team in the region. After watching them at Sheldon Clark on Friday, they seem to be coming together, and are taking a much more positive approach to playing.

I guess it is yet to see if they will play to their talent level and ability. If they don't, look for a very close game, but if they do, look for a double digit win for the Tigers.

The Tigers do have the most talent in the region but the problem this year has little to do with level of talent(as I am sure you know). Their defense is not very good, to say the least. A player with average talent can be a great defender if he wants to be, but he has to want to stop someone. If the Tigers become determined to equal out their preformance on both ends of the court, this game and region should be a walk. However, that is big IF.

Well, the fact is, Paintsville is much more talented than any team in the region. After watching them at Sheldon Clark on Friday, they seem to be coming together, and are taking a much more positive approach to playing.

I guess it is yet to see if they will play to their talent level and ability. If they don't, look for a very close game, but if they do, look for a double digit win for the Tigers.

I agree that Paintsville is a very talented team. However, talent does not always manifest itself as wins when it is found predominantly in younger players. This is a unique situation. I have never seen Bill Mike struggle like he is this season getting through to players. For some reason, these kids don't seem to want to listen and they refuse to play defense. The Tigers have an opportunity to do something special but in order for that to happen the players must first buy what Bill Mike is selling.

I agree that Paintsville is a very talented team. However, talent does not always manifest itself as wins when it is found predominantly in younger players. This is a unique situation. I have never seen Bill Mike struggle like he is this season getting through to players. For some reason, these kids don't seem to want to listen and they refuse to play defense. The Tigers have an opportunity to do something special but in order for that to happen the players must first buy what Bill Mike is selling.

Good Post. They are a very talented team. If they ever could get it together they could be dangerous. This game should be a great game. It always is when these two teams hook up. Talent doesn't always win. The team that plays together with a lot of heart and refuses to lose will come out on top.

I think your post is primarily true, and I appreciate your ability to explain your point with clarity. I agree that this is a unique situation, I would, however, disagree with you on your analysis that the team isn't buying what Coach Runyon is selling -- I certainly do believe that they are buying it, but I guess we will see if it comes together in the end. You are right on the point about defense, and I have harped on it for a number of years with this team. Coach knows I hate the type of defense the team is playing, and by design it is a containment defense that is used to slow down teams and make them take bad shots...the only problem is, Painstville is a team who has always created turnovers, played up tempo, and gained momentum on the defensive end by turning turnovers into points. We have seen very minimal positive results from the zone defense we play this year, and I would absolutely be ecstatic to see us run something else. Someone on the bench obviously thinks this defense is good, I just can't figure it out -- and I am a relatively intelligent human.

:thumb:

I think your post is primarily true, and I appreciate your ability to explain your point with clarity. I agree that this is a unique situation, I would, however, disagree with you on your analysis that the team isn't buying what Coach Runyon is selling -- I certainly do believe that they are buying it, but I guess we will see if it comes together in the end. You are right on the point about defense, and I have harped on it for a number of years with this team. Coach knows I hate the type of defense the team is playing, and by design it is a containment defense that is used to slow down teams and make them take bad shots...the only problem is, Painstville is a team who has always created turnovers, played up tempo, and gained momentum on the defensive end by turning turnovers into points. We have seen very minimal positive results from the zone defense we play this year, and I would absolutely be ecstatic to see us run something else. Someone on the bench obviously thinks this defense is good, I just can't figure it out -- and I am a relatively intelligent human.

Well whoever it may be that likes this defense, BMR has the final say! So he must take the blame! BMR is the head coach, the Tigers don't need 6 coaches sitting on the bench. I don't even think that UK has that many?

Maybe if the coach started acting like the coach, then things MIGHT get better. I have seen the Tigers blow more double digit leads this year than I care to. The talent is there, but it is being wasted!

With that said, anyone could win this game. But I'll give the edge to JC, not because they are playing at home, which makes little difference to the Tigers, but because they are a little more stable than the Tigers, if that is possible. Flip a coin and you'll have just as good a chance of picking the winner. :confused:

Well whoever it may be that likes this defense, BMR has the final say! So he must take the blame! BMR is the head coach, the Tigers don't need 6 coaches sitting on the bench. I don't even think that UK has that many?

Maybe if the coach started acting like the coach, then things MIGHT get better. I have seen the Tigers blow more double digit leads this year than I care to. The talent is there, but it is being wasted!

With that said, anyone could win this game. But I'll give the edge to JC, not because they are playing at home, which makes little difference to the Tigers, but because they are a little more stable than the Tigers, if that is possible. Flip a coin and you'll have just as good a chance of picking the winner. :confused:

Well I am not going there, Coach Runyon is basically my second father, but I will say that UK could use an extra coach or two, haha. I'll stand by the Tigers, but I am a little aggravated with the defensive side of the ball. We shall see.

Well I am not going there, Coach Runyon is basically my second father, but I will say that UK could use an extra coach or two, haha. I'll stand by the Tigers, but I am a little aggravated with the defensive side of the ball. We shall see.

Well maybe you could use your connections to BMR to get him to re-think the defense that the Tigers use! Whoever's brain child it is still has to have BMR's blessing. BMR is too good a coach and the Tigers have too much talent to be in the position that they are in right now. I hope that they can change it, but time is running out quickly!

As for UK, even with the win tonight, I don't know if more coaches would help them or not. But that is another topic for another time!

Well maybe you could use your connections to BMR to get him to re-think the defense that the Tigers use! Whoever's brain child it is still has to have BMR's blessing. BMR is too good a coach and the Tigers have too much talent to be in the position that they are in right now. I hope that they can change it, but time is running out quickly!

As for UK, even with the win tonight, I don't know if more coaches would help them or not. But that is another topic for another time!

He is a great coach, and I look for him to make some adjustments. With young guns, trying to put in a new defense is difficult, and if you scratch it then you show that you don't believe in it. I don't believe in it, but someone does, and maybe it will come around, or it will be changed.

I'll let Coach Runyon do the coaching, unless he calls me and solicits my opinion -- which isn't going to happen.

I'll let Coach Runyon do the coaching, unless he calls me and solicits my opinion -- which isn't going to happen.

I agree with you there!! I know that BMR is stubborn, but BMR will have to accept the responsibilty for the decision of his many assistants! Hopefully it will be favorable responsibility that he has to accept instead of unfavorable!

GOP--It doesn't matter what defense they play. They have played man and zone--both are terrible. They struggle playing either one because they don't understand what the concept of team "D" means. Until some effort is put forth, they will continue to be a weak team on the defensive end.

I agree with you there!! I know that BMR is stubborn, but BMR will have to accept the responsibilty for the decision of his many assistants! Hopefully it will be favorable responsibility that he has to accept instead of unfavorable!

It sounds to me as if you want to be on that sideline... :irked: