September 18, 201313 yr Let's safely assume the Reds are going to be in the WC game. What's more important for that game? Being the home team or having your ace available? Who are we defining as the ace?
September 18, 201313 yr Let's safely assume the Reds are going to be in the WC game. What's more important for that game? Being the home team or having your ace available? Can't I have my cake and eat it too? I'd love for Latos to pitch the WC game at GABP. However, with the way Bailey has been throwing it lately, I don't know that that'd be too bad of an alternative. Or, if he throws well again in the game against the Mets...how about Cueto? But, I guess bottom line for me, is that if we're going to be playing the Pirates...I'd much rather it be here. You look at the regular season, both teams are right around .500 on the road...but, around 20 games better than that at home.
September 18, 201313 yr It has to be Latos. If that is the case then the reds need to play at home more than have their ace pitch.
September 18, 201313 yr Home field is important, but if the Reds see it potentially not happening they need to set up their rotation.
September 18, 201313 yr ^As of right now, Latos would be on normal rest for the one game playoff. So, does that have him pitching the final game of the Mets series?
September 19, 201313 yr Cards win the division by 3+ games. Pirates/Reds 6 games will decide the home team.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.