Mayfield 35 McCracken County 34

sweet16

MC's problem is their coaching. Haskins and his bunch couldn't coach their way out of a wet paper bag. MC should be 2-0 right now but coaching mistakes have cost them. Their players deserve better than what they are getting. This was one of the better high school games that I have seen. Both teams left everything on the field. It was a clean game with great sportsmanship on both sides.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I left the game last night feeling very proud for the McCracken County Mustangs. I agree with an earlier poster; this is the best 0-2 team in the state. That said, Mayfield pulled out a deserving victory.

I tip my hat to the Mayfield community and the Mayfield program. From getting to the stadium at 4 PM, to leaving the stadium at 11:30 PM, everyone was extremely gracious and welcoming. The tradition that you see you as you walk around War Memorial Stadium speaks for itself. It's not a coincidence that Mayfield is scary good year after year. They do it the right way. They start them out in Little League, season them up through middle school, and their fully seasoned and ready when they hit the varsity squad. I admire that, and fully believe that is the model McCracken County is going to use for their football program for years to come.

Congratulations again to Mayfield on a very hard-fought victory! And thank you to the community of Mayfield for being gracious hosts last night. Good luck the rest of the way this season.

MC's problem is their coaching. Haskins and his bunch couldn't coach their way out of a wet paper bag. MC should be 2-0 right now but coaching mistakes have cost them. Their players deserve better than what they are getting. This was one of the better high school games that I have seen. Both teams left everything on the field. It was a clean game with great sportsmanship on both sides.

I am sorry but this is just insanely stupid. Haskins has won at places in his career that NOBODY else has won at. Ballard, Calloway, Lone Oak. Tilghman's best stretch of the last 40 years was with Haskins as Offensive Coordinator. He never had a losing season at Heath. Saying he can't coach is just not correct. And for this McCracken team to be this good this early is a testament to Haskins and his staff's ability to coach. Do they have talent? Yes, but there is no sport where coaching matters more than football and they have done a great job getting this team ready.

All that being said, time management in the last minute last night was not good but that is something NFL coaches screw up on a regular basis. And I am still amazed how much all of the McCracken sports teams are being underrated. Mind boggling when that big of a student body is put together.

I am sorry but this is just insanely stupid. Haskins has won at places in his career that NOBODY else has won at. Ballard, Calloway, Lone Oak. Tilghman's best stretch of the last 40 years was with Haskins as Offensive Coordinator. He never had a losing season at Heath. Saying he can't coach is just not correct. And for this McCracken team to be this good this early is a testament to Haskins and his staff's ability to coach. Do they have talent? Yes, but there is no sport where coaching matters more than football and they have done a great job getting this team ready.

All that being said, time management in the last minute last night was not good but that is something NFL coaches screw up on a regular basis. And I am still amazed how much all of the McCracken sports teams are being underrated. Mind boggling when that big of a student body is put together.

You are a homer and can't see it. He chokes in big games and it showed in the state championship game against Boyle County, Paducah and now the Mayfield game. So he has won a few games. Big deal. With the talent he has had at Lone Oak the last five years he should have won the big one. If they had done a great job at getting the team ready they wouldn't be 0-2.

Edited by Ram
Rule 5

I watched the replay today and this was good test for both teams. The mustangs have a very good ball team but I am still very under-impressed with the cardinals defense. I can't remember the last time the cardinals gave up 500 yards. The linebackers are still not getting the job done and the whole defense tackles poorly. They will definitely be a hard out for ANY single A school, but you will have to put a lot of points on the board because their offense is explosive in the air and the ground game just sufficient enough to keep the defense honest.

I watched the replay today and this was good test for both teams. The mustangs have a very good ball team but I am still very under-impressed with the cardinals defense. I can't remember the last time the cardinals gave up 500 yards. The linebackers are still not getting the job done and the whole defense tackles poorly. They will definitely be a hard out for ANY single A school, but you will have to put a lot of points on the board because their offense is explosive in the air and the ground game just sufficient enough to keep the defense honest.

Yep to all