Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fruitvale Station

Featured Replies

Is anyone here planning on seeing Fruitvale Station? It's about Oscar Grant who controversially died in 2008 in the bay area. Since the ruling of the Zimmerman case, the Weinsteins are pushing it around that. I have seen it and would recommend it. Michael B. Jordan (haha different Michael Jordan) gives a GREAT performance, and its worth seeing the movie for it alone.

  • Replies 30
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm seeing it when I can. Heard great things about it.

 

Where did you see it, UK?

Here is video of the actual shooting event that the movie was based upon.

 

Saw a preview last night. Definitely want to check it out. Jordan was great in FNL and The Wire!

 

"Where's Wallace at String?"

 

If it opens up in Etown I'm going to try and catch it next weekend.

This is a must see movie of the yr! I plan on seeing this movie next wknd with my 15 yr old daughter...

I hope to get up to the Esquire with my son on Saturday to check this out.

  • Author
I hope to get up to the Esquire with my son on Saturday to check this out.

 

Let me know what you think!

Let me know what you think!

 

Michael B Jordan was outstanding in the lead. You knew going it was a sad story. You knew he got shot. Yet it still caused me to react when he was shot.

 

It's one of those you don't feel good coming out of but you appreciate the acting and the story.

Just realized that is Wallace. Just got a lump in my throat thinking about Wallace.

Doesn't look like we are going to get it in Somerset either, it was at Sundance around the first of the year hopefully a DVD will be released soon.

Doesn't look like we are going to get it in Somerset either, it was at Sundance around the first of the year hopefully a DVD will be released soon.

 

Fortunately we have some small theaters in Cincinnati that will carry these types of movies when the big theaters do not.

Movies like this don't make it to small town Kentucky theaters. I could have told you guys you'd have to travel to see this one.

Movies like this don't make it to small town Kentucky theaters. I could have told you guys you'd have to travel to see this one.

 

That's a shame. I've seen lots of really good low-budget movies/docs at small theaters in Cincinnati that are top notch.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.