Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dixie Heights 2 Newport Central Catholic 1 (9th Region Tourney)

Featured Replies

Just wanted to throw this out there.... Coach Max offered to let NCC practice on Dixie's turf football field to prepare for this game on Florence Freedoms turf field. Not sure if they took Max up on the offer but I think that is a classy move. Kudos to you Coach, you get it and you do it the right way and good luck the rest of the way.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just wanted to throw this out there.... Coach Max offered to let NCC practice on Dixie's turf football field to prepare for this game on Florence Freedoms turf field. Not sure if they took Max up on the offer but I think that is a classy move. Kudos to you Coach, you get it and you do it the right way and good luck the rest of the way.

 

They did use the field at 1pm on Sunday while Dixie was on the baseball field hitting and then the two teams flip flopped.

They did use the field at 1pm on Sunday while Dixie was on the baseball field hitting and then the two teams flip flopped.

Even better. I thought they did but wasn't 100% sure. That just shows what a class act he is.

Can you imagine that principal of Dixie agreed to have field named after Max as well as her site based council based on board approval and then once it was determined that decision was soley hers, declined to have it done. Her explaination "what if he does something wrong" and "it will set a precedent for other coaches to want something done for them" Well how about this, guy has been a model employee in both an employed and retired capacity, one of the most respected coaches in region with not a blemish on card, 600 wins. Currrent principal is clueless and current A.D has to work for her? It would be nothing for her to green light " Chris Maxwell Stadium" as it is long over due. I am not sure who is going to replace him when he retires, but not sure anyone on current staff is capable. If you or anyone on BGPs is a Dixie Alum, you need to take the time to call principal to express your interest in getting field dedication done. its easy to say you would like to see it happen but will you take the time to do it.

Can you imagine that principal of Dixie agreed to have field named after Max as well as her site based council based on board approval and then once it was determined that decision was soley hers, declined to have it done. Her explaination "what if he does something wrong" and "it will set a precedent for other coaches to want something done for them" Well how about this, guy has been a model employee in both an employed and retired capacity, one of the most respected coaches in region with not a blemish on card, 600 wins. Currrent principal is clueless and current A.D has to work for her? It would be nothing for her to green light " Chris Maxwell Stadium" as it is long over due. I am not sure who is going to replace him when he retires, but not sure anyone on current staff is capable. If you or anyone on BGPs is a Dixie Alum, you need to take the time to call principal to express your interest in getting field dedication done. its easy to say you would like to see it happen but will you take the time to do it.

 

1) I was unaware that this happened but I, like you, think it should be done. Max has been great for the program, school and community.

 

2) I don't know why you brought up who would replace max when he retires as I'm not sure how that applies to naming the field after him. But I do believe there are some on his staff that could take over the program when he decides to hang them up, years from now.

Just wanted to throw this out there.... Coach Max offered to let NCC practice on Dixie's turf football field to prepare for this game on Florence Freedoms turf field. Not sure if they took Max up on the offer but I think that is a classy move. Kudos to you Coach, you get it and you do it the right way and good luck the rest of the way.

 

Love it.

7 Ks for Dixie's lefty pitcher whose name escapes me.

 

I would really love if some of the kids at Dixie got as much press as some of the other local teams. Dixie has some solid players that you never see mentioned on any of the BGP's Top 10 Lists (pitchers, hitters, position players, etc.). I believe this will definitly change next year for kids like Caple, Kearns & King among others. However, I would like to give a shout out to seniors Garrett Combs, Casey Cox and Eric Elkus! Is there any team in the region with fewer seniors?

I would really love if some of the kids at Dixie got as much press as some of the other local teams. Dixie has some solid players that you never see mentioned on any of the BGP's Top 10 Lists (pitchers, hitters, position players, etc.). I believe this will definitly change next year for kids like Caple, Kearns & King among others. However, I would like to give a shout out to seniors Garrett Combs, Casey Cox and Eric Elkus! Is there any team in the region with fewer seniors?

 

I'm sure you know my "name escapes me" wasn't a slight. I'm for all kids getting the pub they deserve. Kudos to Mr Combs for his outstanding and efficient effort.

I'm sure you know my "name escapes me" wasn't a slight. I'm for all kids getting the pub they deserve. Kudos to Mr Combs for his outstanding and efficient effort.

 

No Clyde, it was'nt taken as a slight at all. I (probably unfairly) used your post to convey my feeling that Dixie seems to be the Rodney Dangerfield of the 9th.

So if you think it should be done, what have you done to see that people that know max has a voice and it gets done? Get off the side lines and into the game. Too many good ideas never get put into action. Actions speak louder than words and as it currently stands, there are zero capable on current staff that can do the head coaching job

So if you think it should be done, what have you done to see that people that know max has a voice and it gets done? Get off the side lines and into the game. Too many good ideas never get put into action. Actions speak louder than words and as it currently stands, there are zero capable on current staff that can do the head coaching job

 

Well I didn't know it was a topic of conversation so I haven't done anything to get it done. I figured when max retired it would come up, not now.

 

And why do you say there are no coaches on the current staff capable of taking over?

However, I would like to give a shout out to seniors Garrett Combs, Casey Cox and Eric Elkus! Is there any team in the region with fewer seniors?

Brossart had only one Senior this year. Catcher Tanner Norton.

Bellevue only had two seniors. Cam Pangallo and Devin Myers.

Brossart had only one Senior this year. Catcher Tanner Norton.

 

The funny thing is that Tanner had more Varsity experience than Dixie's three combined coming into the year!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.