Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chris Cessna makes it official, sign LOI for UK

Featured Replies

Congratulations to Chris Cessna who made it official this morning by signing his national LOI to play football for the University of Kentucky Wildcats! In a joint signing ceremony organized by AD Brian Coutras at North Laurel High School this morning, Chris and 4-time all state soccer player Ashley Bradford (signed LOI to Tusculum College), have made their intentions official.

 

Congrats Chris and we look forward to seeing you as a Wildcat! :thumb:

Congrats to Chris and all of the program.

  • Author

It was really pretty cool to see both Chris and Ashley sign their LOI's at the same time. They are two excellent young people who get to move on to the next level and get a free college education in the process!

 

Chris' rehab from his knee surgery is going exceptionally well and he will get to start running again very soon. Ashley just had knee surgery as well from a torn miniscus, and has begun her rehab this past Tuesday. It was heartwarming to see that Coach Brooks and his staff stuck by their offer to Chris, even after blowing out his knee early in the 2005 season, and they are getting a fine young student athlete for their excellent recruiting class.

It was really pretty cool to see both Chris and Ashley sign their LOI's at the same time. They are two excellent young people who get to move on to the next level and get a free college education in the process!

 

Chris' rehab from his knee surgery is going exceptionally well and he will get to start running again very soon. Ashley just had knee surgery as well from a torn miniscus, and has begun her rehab this past Tuesday. It was heartwarming to see that Coach Brooks and his staff stuck by their offer to Chris, even after blowing out his knee early in the 2005 season, and they are getting a fine young student athlete for their excellent recruiting class.

 

Congratulations to Chris and Ashley. I enjoyed watching both play their respective sports over the last 3-4 years.

Congrats to Chris and the NL and UK programs.

Best of luck Chris. Work hard at UK, and enjoy the experience.

Good luck Chris, get back in shape and help out UK!

I also think it is a credit to the University of Kentucky and Rich Brooks and staff to stand by this fine young man as he rehabs his knee.

 

Coaches of lesser moral fiber might have considered Chris Cessna damaged goods and walked away from their scholarship offer.

UK fans will get a pleasant surprise once Chris gets on the field after an expected redshirt year. I think he'll be an excellent pickup for the Wildcats -- more than they bargained for.

UK fans will get a pleasant surprise once Chris gets on the field after an expected redshirt year. I think he'll be an excellent pickup for the Wildcats -- more than they bargained for.

 

I agree. He is agressive, big, fast, strong, smart, etc. I hate that he lost his senior season to a knee injury, but this kid has loads of potential. I got to watch some tape on him from his sophomore and junior seasons when he was healthy, and wow what a player he can be. He apparently played 3 games on a blown knee and I was told was his team's leading tackler to that point in the season. That is saying something about his toughness. The coaching staff obviously felt the same way by sticking by their commitment to this young man.

 

I earned a lot of respect for Brooks and his staff for not simply walking away from their commitment. Any scholarship offer is contingent upon a player completing their athletic and academic seasons/years in high school, which gives them an out if they want it. They could have taken it, but took the high road. I have a feeling that they won't regret it.

 

Jim, where do you see him playing at UK when he does get healthy? I think he is an ideal fit for their outside LB position in the 3-4 that Archer wants to play. What do you think?

I agree. He is agressive, big, fast, strong, smart, etc. I hate that he lost his senior season to a knee injury, but this kid has loads of potential. I got to watch some tape on him from his sophomore and junior seasons when he was healthy, and wow what a player he can be. He apparently played 3 games on a blown knee and I was told was his team's leading tackler to that point in the season. That is saying something about his toughness. The coaching staff obviously felt the same way by sticking by their commitment to this young man.

 

I earned a lot of respect for Brooks and his staff for not simply walking away from their commitment. Any scholarship offer is contingent upon a player completing their athletic and academic seasons/years in high school, which gives them an out if they want it. They could have taken it, but took the high road. I have a feeling that they won't regret it.

 

Jim, where do you see him playing at UK when he does get healthy? I think he is an ideal fit for their outside LB position in the 3-4 that Archer wants to play. What do you think?

 

I think with his nose for the ball and abilities in pursuit, he could do either inside or outside well. But outside would give him more opportunities in the pass rush, and I think with his build and some extra muscle he would be tough for a running back to handle when he lines up as a rush end and blitzes. With his size and speed and some extra muscle, he could be very dangerous in this spot.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.