Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Perry Central 76 Johnson Central 67

Featured Replies

Why do you and King like to bash this years team. Remember these are kids we are talking about on here. Give the coach time to put his system into place. Why live in the past.

The kids and players that were there last year are people too. You can't have it both ways. You aren't going to see me on here bashing Central unless it is to defend people that have been called out.

What happens is you get a lot of people from there that get on here and bash the coaches/kids. Those people have never coached a day of High School ball in their life. They haven't spent a second of practice time with the team that they are callinng out. Chalk it up to one of two categories:

1. Know it all parent

2. Know it all fan

When they go coach and see what it's like to walk in the coaches shoes then I might have a little respect for them and what they say might hold a little validity. Until then I will continue to expose them for what they are. It's no secret that I've had problems with some people from Central but those people were men enough to settle the problem person to person and the hatchet has been burried. I haven't posted a bad thing about Central since unless somebody wants to dig up bones. I will always defend if need be if not then I could care less.

Your team has lost three straight and a couple that they shouldn't have lost. You want to sit and knock last years coach and team that won your District and was a basket away from the Regional championship. I guess using them as a scapegoat will keep the heat off of what is going on right now! :rolleyes:

 

I am not knocking last years coach. Matter of fact "dude" I was one of the few that defended him. I lost all hope at last years senior night. I was there the night when Belfry beat us and one of the best three point shooters would not go back in the game with us down three. I guess what I am saying is Les is a great basketball coach and their is no doubt about that but he had no respect from the players and the parents and they actually ran that team. The only way was to make a change. You can say what you want but we have had the most talent in this region without anything to show for it. I don't care about district, that don't get you to Rupp does it and that is what it is all about. I have said from the preseason that this team is not that great and was way overrated from the talent that they lost. I think the problem right now is that they needed a break and hopefully Starns gave them one. I don't think that they have been used to working as hard as they have. :thumb: And by the way I have coached a few of these kids so don't go there.

The kids and players that were there last year are people too. You can't have it both ways. You aren't going to see me on here bashing Central unless it is to defend people that have been called out.

What happens is you get a lot of people from there that get on here and bash the coaches/kids. Those people have never coached a day of High School ball in their life. They haven't spent a second of practice time with the team that they are callinng out. Chalk it up to one of two categories:

1. Know it all parent

2. Know it all fan

When they go coach and see what it's like to walk in the coaches shoes then I might have a little respect for them and what they say might hold a little validity. Until then I will continue to expose them for what they are. It's no secret that I've had problems with some people from Central but those people were men enough to settle the problem person to person and the hatchet has been burried. I haven't posted a bad thing about Central since unless somebody wants to dig up bones. I will always defend if need be if not then I could care less.

 

 

I have coached just not basketball. When the players dont respect the coach then it is time for change. At Pikeville in baseball we dont want district titles, we aspire to at a minimum win the region. One thing is for sure every player respects Lawson. I didnt call you out, I was just wondering why all the bashing. I never ever bashed JC last year or this year. I have the utmost respect for those kids. I have coached many of them in baseball and think they are fine young men. I just dont understand grown men bashing them.

 

As far as Coach Trimble, I dont know him other than what I have seen of him on the court. Coaches as the main man are targets for criticism. It comes with the territory. When the Wildcats arent playing well Tubby takes the blunt of the criticism.

 

I would hope whatever it is that inspires you will leave and you can get on with your life.

This debate is old!! I for one certainly don't dispute that Coach Trimble is a good coach. But sometimes, whether your replacement is better or worse, a change is needed. I think that JC needed a change, whether justified or not. I think that Coach Trimble is better off for it and I think that JC is better off for it. The problems of JC past are in the past. The problems of JC now are problems that need to be worked on. But JC is doing fairly well with what they have and with a new coach. It is the next couple of years that will tell us about Starns.

 

Look at it this way, just because a divorce is best doesn't mean that the people on each side aren't good!! People and relationships can just get in a rut and not be fixable!

JC was a basket away from TYING the game against Belfry...NOT winning it..I witnessed first hand some problems that Coach Trimble had with his players...kicking chairs when they came out of the game...pouting on the bench and not rooting for teammates...from the outside looking in I think the PLAYERS were the problem....I don't think Pitino could have made some of those kids or their parents happy!

This game was never really this close PCC was up by like 18 for most of the second half, and up ten at the half! Best game Perry has played all year IMO.

 

Sounds as if Perry Central is getting ready for Post Season Play.

Proud Eagle if you know so much about B-ball why did they not give you the job. Whoever mentioned earlier about the parents being the problem hit the nail on the head. Starns should be fine for now, only a very few remain that could cause him problems and they/he seems to be satisfied at the moment. But from what I hear they are several more parents in the middle school program that could cause major problems once their child puts the Eagle uniform on. If last years coach had lost three games in a row their would be 7 pages on BGP bashing and saying he needed to be replaced, but this year they just need a break or there not eating good, excuses excuses excuses!

I agree this argument is old. I am not bashing the kids at JC as I like a lot of them and cheer for them each week. When Proud Eagle got on hear shooting his mouth off about the job Les did I defended Les bottome line! Look at it this way I would bet the farm that Proud Eagle wouldn't be very happy if he put in 10-12 hour days at his work which he LOVED. He ended up having the best year around the area and he walked in to work one day and was let go. Then a year later somebody got on a message board and talked about how he had a great year but should have done better. He didn't have the respect of any of the people he helped etc etc etc. I think you catch my drift! People have the right to knock coaches on here but you better realize that they have families and they spend A TON of time away from them to try to make a positive impact on young men's lives! If you are going to knock them then expect people to stand up for them. There are Tubby bashers but there are also Tubby supporters! Imagine your dream job and landing it at a young age. Imagine being successful in it even though you have a lot of snakes slithering around you hoping you fail and trying to undermind you. Now imagine being cut from the place you love the most. That is pretty much the story there.

I would love to move on and have agreed to with the people that spoke out the loudest on here last year. We have buried the hatchet and it's all good but if people are going to dig up the past and knock the job that was done then don't expect people to just sit back.

JC has coach Starnes now and that is what they wanted all along. They need to back him 100% even through the tough times. We'll see how it goes. From what I have heard he is a GREAT man and I wish him the best of luck there.

Les has gone on to a school that LOVES him and SUPPORTS him 100% which he NEVER had at JC. I played for Les and can tell you I respected him 100% as a coach. The LC program is in much better shape with him aboard and the people in Louisa are thrilled to have him.

Now I'm sure everybody else would love to get back to the original thread. If somebody has a problem with me personally then feel free to PM me. If not then it's all good as long as the past doesn't get dug up!

Proud Eagle if you know so much about B-ball why did they not give you the job. Whoever mentioned earlier about the parents being the problem hit the nail on the head. Starns should be fine for now, only a very few remain that could cause him problems and they/he seems to be satisfied at the moment. But from what I hear they are several more parents in the middle school program that could cause major problems once their child puts the Eagle uniform on. If last years coach had lost three games in a row their would be 7 pages on BGP bashing and saying he needed to be replaced, but this year they just need a break or there not eating good, excuses excuses excuses!

 

I turned it down!!! :lol: I never bashed Les but I do believe I said he was a great coach and I backed him until he was let go. I know one thing and that is I know a lot more than you do King and that is obvious. I think if Les would have just got rid of the problem kids then he would have been more respected by the kids and others. I admire for having the nerve to take what he did. I never get on here and bash the old coach or the new coach. I might make some observations and give some opinions but that is it. I was not the one who brought up last year and the coach. I think you were. :thumb: So you just keep bashing JC and I will keep defending them.

Signing off on this topic, enough said.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.