St. Xavier Spring Game - Saturday May 25

Down in Hilton Head waiting for a recap of the game anyone?

I was giving others a chance to respond. Have a whole iPad full of notes for a write up. In short, qb looks good can make all the throws, pretty passes, also escapability and great pocket prescence. He's no mattingly but he can take off and get the first, also very capable of taking the pain to the defenders. Didn't see same continuity in handoffs with Percell that I saw with walker. Percell looked good running the ball but at times looked as if he was overthinking in open field. Guess you could give that time seeing as he's only been back for a week. Walker is a good form tackler and will shed the wood.i don't know which receivers were which I couldn't see much of Hayden and roshkowski, but the other receivers ran poor routes and adjusted to balls poorly in my opinion. Walker looked good at tailback as always, running through contact and picking up extra yardage through fighting instead of his vaunted spin move. Soph rb Noah I believe looks good as well vs the 3rd string. Showed good vision and burst. D-line looked good as well as o-line. Though I was not impressed with Zane. He doesn't show any ferocity. Doesn't seem to have that toughness attribute or the heart attribute that can't be taught. Hopefully I'm wrong. All in all more passing than years past and should make for an interesting season when this team meshes.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was giving others a chance to respond. Have a whole iPad full of notes for a write up. In short, qb looks good can make all the throws, pretty passes, also escapability and great pocket prescence. He's no mattingly but he can take off and get the first, also very capable of taking the pain to the defenders. Didn't see same continuity in handoffs with Percell that I saw with walker. Percell looked good running the ball but at times looked as if he was overthinking in open field. Guess you could give that time seeing as he's only been back for a week. Walker is a good form tackler and will shed the wood.i don't know which receivers were which I couldn't see much of Hayden and roshkowski, but the other receivers ran poor routes and adjusted to balls poorly in my opinion. Walker looked good at tailback as always, running through contact and picking up extra yardage through fighting instead of his vaunted spin move. Soph rb Noah I believe looks good as well vs the 3rd string. Showed good vision and burst. D-line looked good as well as o-line. Though I was not impressed with Zane. He doesn't show any ferocity. Doesn't seem to have that toughness attribute or the heart attribute that can't be taught. Hopefully I'm wrong. All in all more passing than years past and should make for an interesting season when this team meshes.

I dont know any rb on X named noah?

The soph to be RB is Chase Rowan. He shredded the # 3s and will be really something special. He's only 15 years old. I would expect him to see some time at the varsity level. He's a good one

That's who I meant. I knew that, I don't know where I came up with Noah :lol:.

He looked very shifty out there. He will develop nicely. Who was that other rb out there? I think he was second string

Number? And yes he displayed great vision, on multiple occasions he had his hand on his blockers back and waited on his holes.