Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Notre Dame 3 Bishop Brossart 0

Featured Replies

Mr Black Cloud himself, about the only game to get cancelled was yours, and I heard a black cloud followed you all the way home!!

 

:laugh: Good one.

Mr Black Cloud himself, about the only game to get cancelled was yours, and I heard a black cloud followed you all the way home!!

Didn't a black cloud follow Pigpen around in Charlie Brown?

BBHS had bases loaded twice and could not get a run in. Pitcher made a Great play on the last out of the game which was a very hard hit ball that she gloves at her feet. If that ball goes through 2 runs score with 1st and 2nd and the 2 hitter up.

well pitched game by both pithers and so some good defense as well. BBHS is playing much better than they were 2 weeks ago and are show some signs of life. maybe peaking at the right time to make a small run?????? We will see. Good Luck to NDA. IMO the 9th region is theirs if they want to take it.

Agree, very good game. NDA got out of a few jams that could have hurt them as we did also. Nice to see BBHS step up their play, they have alot of talented girls on the team. NDA is going to be a tough one to beat come region time, good luck to the Pandas. Haley Smith looks so much bigger in person:scared:

Can someone explain to me how the officials in Blue (the man and the women), or the NDA Trainer never saw the lighting or heard the thunder while playing this game at NDA? The CovCath vs. Holy Cross game was suspended by lightning by two Blue who knew the rules of the game and followed them as well as they should!

 

BTW spoke to a gentlemen who attended the game and he saw the lightning and heard the thunder and wondered why the game wasn't delayed.

 

Seems the rules of the KHSAA and safety were not being followed in this contest!

 

BTW for those who might not realize but NDA and CovCath are literally across the street from each on the Dixie Hwy and are within an easy walking distance.

 

Not sure what time the games started or what time the CCH game was delayed but remember that fastpitch softball is typically a much shorter game than the average baseball game. I may be wrong but many softball games are completed in the 1 hour 15 minute range. Also, at NDA's field there is the constant noise from I-75...it can be quite loud at times. That could explain not hearing thunder. As for not seeing the lightening strikes...I got nothin! Certainly not trying to make excuses for anyone. Just offering some food for thought. It would also be fair to say that if indeed it should have been delayed then the coaches should have pointed it out to the umpires also.

Not sure what time the games started or what time the CCH game was delayed but remember that fastpitch softball is typically a much shorter game than the average baseball game. I may be wrong but many softball games are completed in the 1 hour 15 minute range. Also, at NDA's field there is the constant noise from I-75...it can be quite loud at times. That could explain not hearing thunder. As for not seeing the lightening strikes...I got nothin! Certainly not trying to make excuses for anyone. Just offering some food for thought. It would also be fair to say that if indeed it should have been delayed then the coaches should have pointed it out to the umpires also.

 

I did not hear "thunder" or maybe mistaken it by the trucks on I-75, but I first noticed lightning in the 7th inning when the rally was going on, but I do believe it was to the backs of the umps...but the second time I saw lightning in the 7th I thought maybe it should have been seen. The JV game is when more lightning was seen and the delays were called at that point...probably around the 7:00 timeframe.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.