April 24, 201313 yr At least demote Cozart to the 8 hole. I say put Paul in LF everyday, and put him in the 2 hole. Dusty won't do it though because it would mean 3 lefties in a row. I don't see how the Reds did it against righties in the 70's with Rose, Griffey and Morgan all hitting in a row. They didn't have 3 lefties in a row. Rose was a switch hitter.
April 24, 201313 yr Votto is fine. Nope. He isn't seeing the ball, or he has some mental issues going on.
April 24, 201313 yr They didn't have 3 lefties in a row. Rose was a switch hitter. Read my post again, and get back with me.
April 24, 201313 yr Votto is fine. Nope. He isn't seeing the ball, or he has some mental issues going on. I wonder how much of it is how often team are pitching around him. 26 walks in 21 games coming into today is ridiculous. With Cozart struggling would it help to hit Votto 2nd? That way he'd be more likely to get some fastballs with the way Choo has been getting on base. If they walk him you'd have a couple on in front of Phillips, Frazier and Bruce.
April 24, 201313 yr I wonder how much of it is how often team are pitching around him. 26 walks in 21 games coming into today is ridiculous. With Cozart struggling would it help to hit Votto 2nd? That way he'd be more likely to get some fastballs with the way Choo has been getting on base. If they walk him you'd have a couple on in front of Phillips, Frazier and Bruce. I still say move Paul to the 2 hole.
April 24, 201313 yr I still say move Paul to the 2 hole. That would be worth a try too. I was thinking moving Votto to the 2 hole might do more for him than the whole lineup.
April 24, 201313 yr Read my post again, and get back with me. Dusty does it to prevent lefty relievers from facing 3 lefties in a row. That isn't the case if one of them is a switch hitter. Also, in the 75 Series it was Rose, Morgan, Bench in the 1,2,3 spots vs RHs.
April 24, 201313 yr Dusty does it to prevent lefty relievers from facing 3 lefties in a row. That isn't the case if one of them is a switch hitter. Also, in the 75 Series it was Rose, Morgan, Bench in the 1,2,3 spots vs RHs. Good point on the relievers, but I still don't think Dusty would do it if a team didn't have any lefties in the pen.
April 24, 201313 yr Good point on the relievers, but I still don't think Dusty would do it if a team didn't have any lefties in the pen. And that is very, very true. :thumb:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.