Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals question for Hellbird

Featured Replies

Now this may have been one of your best post yet. There was no made up things in your argument, it was just clearly stating your reasoning on things and I respect that. Everyone does have their own opinion, I didn't respect the many times which I have pointed out each and every time that you completely made up things that were not true. So very good post in explaining your thinking on things.

 

It's nothing new, been saying the same thing over and over and over again, you finally decided to comprehend what I've been saying all along.
Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding…show him what he's won Bob. You hit the nail on the head Hellbird. I share your frustration and concern. There were opportunities in the off season to upgrade and were not taken advantaged of. Teams that win conference championships and super bowls "pull the trigger," to meet need!

 

I agree. Hellbird gets it. Those satisfied with last playoff spot and then getting crushed by the Texans will continue to hang there hats on that. I don't care if they made the playoffs the past two seasons. They are barely above average and have yet to do much to improve. I think they may be decent enough to squeak into the playoffs again. They are not good enough to beat anyone once they get there. Any LONGWINDED response will not be taken with any seriousness. Short and sweet!!

It's nothing new, been saying the same thing over and over and over again, you finally decided to comprehend what I've been saying all along.

 

Maybe of maybe it was all the made up things usually in the other post that went a long with it usually that made it hard to comprehend. Since I had to try to seperate what was fact and what was fiction. If you stick to not throwing made up things in discussions then it will be much easier. I can respect everything you said in that post because there was no made up things to try to back your argument which usually hurt your arguments for having made up things that were not true. Clear facts that I always pointed out on not being true. Even though we may disagree believe it or not I do respect your opinion, because all its just an opinion for both of us. We honestly both agree on things that need to be fixed, so we have wasted a lot of time on this subject. We just disagree on where they are at. I think they are showing signs of improvement and making better decisions as an organization the last few years and are thinking about making sure they don't lose their young talent. While you seem to think they still are at status quo and not making good decisions. So we just need to agree to disagree on where there at and save us a lot of time. :D

I agree. Hellbird gets it. Those satisfied with last playoff spot and then getting crushed by the Texans will continue to hang there hats on that. I don't care if they made the playoffs the past two seasons. They are barely above average and have yet to do much to improve. I think they may be decent enough to squeak into the playoffs again. They are not good enough to beat anyone once they get there. Any LONGWINDED response will not be taken with any seriousness. Short and sweet!!

 

As I have mentioned it all depends on Andy Dalton. Which it is wrong for people to have their minds made up on him after just two seasons, especially two seaons have have been two of the most successful seasons in stats and wins for a QB in first two seasons. If he can make some improvements then they can go further as a team by keeping the team intact. IF he doesn't improve then yes 1st round probably at best is what is in store for them. This years season all depends on Andy Dalton, the other pieces are there to make a run. Especially depending on how the draft goes.

As I have mentioned it all depends on Andy Dalton. Which it is wrong for people to have their minds made up on him after just two seasons, especially two seaons have have been two of the most successful seasons in stats and wins for a QB in first two seasons. If he can make some improvements then they can go further as a team by keeping the team intact. IF he doesn't improve then yes 1st round probably at best is what is in store for them. This years season all depends on Andy Dalton, the other pieces are there to make a run. Especially depending on how the draft goes.

I have always been a believer that a young QB will most probably improve as time goes on. The problem I have with Dalton so far is that he hasn't shown signs of improvement in the areas he really struggled at his rookie year and that is his accuracy downfield. If anything it seemed to me he got worse. That is the problem I have with Dalton. He still can't hit the side of a barn if it's 30 yards away. Maybe he will all of a sudden get it, but the problem is, accuracy isn't something that all of a sudden gets better when your 24 years old, a good QB usually already has that aspect of his game from when he is in High School and college, if he doesn't have it then it's tough for him to all of a sudden discover the "touch" he needs.

 

Usually young QB's need to imrpove on their decision making etc and reading of defenses etc. Those are the things that young NFL QB's need to improve on, but Dalton needs to improve on the very basic things such as hitting a wide open receiver down the field, something he should already be able to do.

 

I do agree with you, this season rests on the shoulders of Dalton. As he goes is how the team will go.

 

Maybe he will get better, never said he won't, but I have said I'm worried about it because I have yet to see any improvement in that area.

Maybe of maybe it was all the made up things usually in the other post that went a long with it usually that made it hard to comprehend. Since I had to try to seperate what was fact and what was fiction. If you stick to not throwing made up things in discussions then it will be much easier. I can respect everything you said in that post because there was no made up things to try to back your argument which usually hurt your arguments for having made up things that were not true. Clear facts that I always pointed out on not being true. Even though we may disagree believe it or not I do respect your opinion, because all its just an opinion for both of us. We honestly both agree on things that need to be fixed, so we have wasted a lot of time on this subject. We just disagree on where they are at. I think they are showing signs of improvement and making better decisions as an organization the last few years and are thinking about making sure they don't lose their young talent. While you seem to think they still are at status quo and not making good decisions. So we just need to agree to disagree on where there at and save us a lot of time. :D

 

I don't make things up, I may have mis stated something, but never made things up just to make them up. Unlike your comparisons you love to make.

 

So maybe if you stop your silly comparisons (Dalton = brees, or Ravens in 2012 = Bengals) and just stick to the facts for once we could get more out of your posts also.

As I have mentioned it all depends on Andy Dalton. Which it is wrong for people to have their minds made up on him after just two seasons, especially two seaons have have been two of the most successful seasons in stats and wins for a QB in first two seasons. If he can make some improvements then they can go further as a team by keeping the team intact. IF he doesn't improve then yes 1st round probably at best is what is in store for them. This years season all depends on Andy Dalton, the other pieces are there to make a run. Especially depending on how the draft goes.

 

Agree on Dalton. Sort of disagree on the bolded. S, LB, WR, come quickly to mind. Now on two what I see as underlying areas of concern. OL TE, RB.

 

OL- If RT walks thats an immediate concern, besides C, and I believe Whit is beginning to show some wear and tear.

TE- Gresham? Who know about him, could be a star, but head gets in the way.

RB- The Law Firm just doesn't do much for me. Not a home run threat, that's for sure. Scott as # 2? Big stretch there.

I honestly think they have more concerns than you may think. Matter of opinion? I guess.

Agree on Dalton. Sort of disagree on the bolded. S, LB, WR, come quickly to mind. Now on two what I see as underlying areas of concern. OL TE, RB.

 

OL- If RT walks thats an immediate concern, besides C, and I believe Whit is beginning to show some wear and tear.

TE- Gresham? Who know about him, could be a star, but head gets in the way.

RB- The Law Firm just doesn't do much for me. Not a home run threat, that's for sure. Scott as # 2? Big stretch there.

I honestly think they have more concerns than you may think. Matter of opinion? I guess.

I couldn't agree more. I think some people think we are only a great season by our QQB away from a Super Bowl. There are way too many defeciences with this team to think they are that close. RB, Safety, OL (Center and RT and G) WR, LB still needs to be fixed or improved upon before they will be a viable SB contender.

Agree on Dalton. Sort of disagree on the bolded. S, LB, WR, come quickly to mind. Now on two what I see as underlying areas of concern. OL TE, RB.

 

OL- If RT walks thats an immediate concern, besides C, and I believe Whit is beginning to show some wear and tear.

TE- Gresham? Who know about him, could be a star, but head gets in the way.

RB- The Law Firm just doesn't do much for me. Not a home run threat, that's for sure. Scott as # 2? Big stretch there.

I honestly think they have more concerns than you may think. Matter of opinion? I guess.

 

I couldn't agree more. I think some people think we are only a great season by our QQB away from a Super Bowl. There are way too many defeciences with this team to think they are that close. RB, Safety, OL (Center and RT and G) WR, LB still needs to be fixed or improved upon before they will be a viable SB contender.

 

I understand your concerns, but these things stand out more to us because we live in this city. Think about the concerns Baltimore had last year. Their oline was very weak and they weren't even sure where to play guys week to week. Boldin was a guy that they were concerned about because he couldn't beat man coverage anymore before he tore it up in the playoffs. Their defensive line was underachieving and beat up all year long. Rey Lewis was older and didn't have the same range, and their secondary had all kinds of questions. The Super Bowl champions from last year had many weak spots and question mark and spots they needed to improve on. Its the same way for most teams, now teams can overcome these things with very good QB play. Which is what we seen with the Ravens on their playoff run. All teams have holes, it will come down to the QB play of Dalton. Now it would be nice if they can address some more of these areas you all addressed, because I agree those areas are question marks. However we seem to act like all these teams don't have many questions on their team but they do too.

 

The defense should be solid again this year and probably top 5 or close to it again. If they get good QB play to go with it, then yes if they make the playoffs they can make a run. Its all on Dalton this year, its make or break for him IMO.

I don't make things up, I may have mis stated something, but never made things up just to make them up. Unlike your comparisons you love to make.

 

So maybe if you stop your silly comparisons (Dalton = brees, or Ravens in 2012 = Bengals) and just stick to the facts for once we could get more out of your posts also.

 

How is it a silly comparison? Now if I was saying Dalton will end up being as good as Brees then yes thats a silly comparison. However bringing up the fact for why its to early for people to give up on Dalton and acting like he can't improve and using Brees as an example on how that is not true is plenty valid. I know you want to stay in your world of everything goes wrong, so might as well assume Dalton can't improve. However when a guy who was just like Dalton, except he was worst than Dalton after three years. Then its not a bad comparison to say that is a perfect example of why its to early to make career judgements on him. This year will be the year that we really can tell with him.

Agree on Dalton. Sort of disagree on the bolded. S, LB, WR, come quickly to mind. Now on two what I see as underlying areas of concern. OL TE, RB.

 

OL- If RT walks thats an immediate concern, besides C, and I believe Whit is beginning to show some wear and tear.

TE- Gresham? Who know about him, could be a star, but head gets in the way.

RB- The Law Firm just doesn't do much for me. Not a home run threat, that's for sure. Scott as # 2? Big stretch there.

I honestly think they have more concerns than you may think. Matter of opinion? I guess.

 

Also lets not forget I have also said my opinion on how they will do could change for the better or the worst depending on how the rest of the off season goes and how the draft goes. As for the RT I hope they sign Smith back however a guy I have always liked who has always done well when he has played IMO is Anythony Collins. They swept the division with him playing a lot of RT with Dennis Roland in 2009 before he took it over completely as the year went on. I always thought he should have been starting anyways. Now center is a question however I believe Robinson was his name who did very well and they started running the ball great and pass blocking great when he took over. He was able to get to the second level much easier than Cook and it paid off. They probably made a mistake going back to Cook because it got bad after that. Linebacker, safety and runningback are the two biggest question marks in my book. However anytime you can add more lineman its not a bad thing especially if Smith does not resign.

As I have mentioned it all depends on Andy Dalton. Which it is wrong for people to have their minds made up on him after just two seasons, especially two seaons have have been two of the most successful seasons in stats and wins for a QB in first two seasons. If he can make some improvements then they can go further as a team by keeping the team intact. IF he doesn't improve then yes 1st round probably at best is what is in store for them. This years season all depends on Andy Dalton, the other pieces are there to make a run. Especially depending on how the draft goes.

 

I have always been a believer that a young QB will most probably improve as time goes on. The problem I have with Dalton so far is that he hasn't shown signs of improvement in the areas he really struggled at his rookie year and that is his accuracy downfield. If anything it seemed to me he got worse. That is the problem I have with Dalton. He still can't hit the side of a barn if it's 30 yards away. Maybe he will all of a sudden get it, but the problem is, accuracy isn't something that all of a sudden gets better when your 24 years old, a good QB usually already has that aspect of his game from when he is in High School and college, if he doesn't have it then it's tough for him to all of a sudden discover the "touch" he needs.

 

Usually young QB's need to imrpove on their decision making etc and reading of defenses etc. Those are the things that young NFL QB's need to improve on, but Dalton needs to improve on the very basic things such as hitting a wide open receiver down the field, something he should already be able to do.

 

I do agree with you, this season rests on the shoulders of Dalton. As he goes is how the team will go.

 

Maybe he will get better, never said he won't, but I have said I'm worried about it because I have yet to see any improvement in that area.

 

Agree on Dalton. Sort of disagree on the bolded. S, LB, WR, come quickly to mind. Now on two what I see as underlying areas of concern. OL TE, RB.

 

OL- If RT walks thats an immediate concern, besides C, and I believe Whit is beginning to show some wear and tear.

TE- Gresham? Who know about him, could be a star, but head gets in the way.

RB- The Law Firm just doesn't do much for me. Not a home run threat, that's for sure. Scott as # 2? Big stretch there.

I honestly think they have more concerns than you may think. Matter of opinion? I guess.

 

While waiting for Santa to arrive, I was looking back at old threads from this past off-season. Lots of good discussions in a lot of threads, including this one. This is one thread where Me, Hellbird, and Mal were all in agreement that this season depends on how Andy Dalton does, and that statement has shown to be very true!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.