Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Campbell County 13 Cooper 3 (6 innings)

Featured Replies

I would like to question your team chemistry comment since I do agree with HB.

 

Bluebird, I would concur. I would like to know what games you have seen thus far, since I have my own thoughts when the ship got off course?
  • Replies 40
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bluebird, I would concur. I would like to know what games you have seen thus far, since I have my own thoughts when the ship got off course?

I was at the Lloyd game.A game in which I thought they didnt play very well but still won.I was also at the Holy Cross game.I will say I went to the Lloyd game to see a player from Lloyd.I was also going to see a player from Cooper that ended up not playing.I watch alot of high school baseball.I see 4-6 players on Coopers team that have a shot to play at the next level.Not necessarlly D1.I just think there is more talent than the record shows.Also from sitting in the stands I hear alot of what I call coach dads complaining about alot of things.

Dads will be dads, that is understandable. I'm guilty as any at talking during games. But when you said attitudes I thought you were referring to players.

I won't diagree with the assessment, but I would have chosen a different game when I feel things got rough. In regards to coach dads and being one at one point, a coach, I think that goes on everywhere. Who was the Cooper kid being looked at if I may ask?

Dads will be dads, that is understandable. I'm guilty as any at talking during games. But when you said attitudes I thought you were referring to players.

 

I the 2 games I have seen.What I ment by attitude is I didnt see any hustle,I saw just doing enough to get by.Also what I saw was when a kid did make a mistake no one was there to pick him up.That is the kind of stuff I look for.The game within the game the little things that matter.I dont care if a kid goes 4-4 when I go to see him.Anyone can have fun going 4-4.I want to see that same kid go 0-4 and see how he responds to it.I can tell if a kid can play or not without knowing his average.What I look for is the other things that make a complete player.

I've scouted two of Cooper's games this year and they have a few nice players but I didn't see anything special as far as an overall team. Both games were mis-managed and the players looked very disinterested. Dunn is a very nice pitcher but beyond him the rest of the staff is average at best. Their fielding was also very suspect in those two games and their catching was weak. I'm obviously not close to the situation but from a distance they don't look good at all.

I won't diagree with the assessment, but I would have chosen a different game when I feel things got rough. In regards to coach dads and being one at one point, a coach, I think that goes on everywhere. Who was the Cooper kid being looked at if I may ask?

Well I was actually there to check in on one of our signees from Lloyd.The Stevens kid.So I really wasnt there to see anyone from Cooper.But I heard some good things about a catcher who is a junior but he didnt play.

I've scouted two of Cooper's games this year and they have a few nice players but I didn't see anything special as far as an overall team. Both games were mis-managed and the players looked very disinterested. Dunn is a very nice pitcher but beyond him the rest of the staff is average at best. Their fielding was also very suspect in those two games and their catching was weak. I'm obviously not close to the situation but from a distance they don't look good at all.

Im sorry but I do not agree with that assesment.I see several players who will be able to move on from Cooper.I agree that they are not playing good baseball right now.

For Cooper it was blake McMahan, Collin Hathorne, Jason Doerman and Jaelin Shoemacker. Let me add also for some reason Cooper's coach didn't think warming relief pitchers up before they went into the game was a need.

 

Only 1 of the 3 relief pitchers warmed up a little before entering the game.

 

Cooper is a much much better team then this score would indicate. On the warming up of relief pitchers, please give a kid a proper chance to prepare before you ask him to put the stress of pitching on his body. Every coach should hold the players health over the score of any game. Increasing the risk of injury should not be an option here!

Thus far Cooper has 2 players commited: Nick Carr - Spaulding University and AJ Collins - Thomas More. Jared Blank is still up in the air between Union, Hanover and Cumberland if I'm not mistaken. Chris Setser passed on Asbury to go to University of Lousiville and bypass baseball. Jaelin Shumacher, Cole Rowland and Jason Doerman are the remaining seniors that I have no clue what they are even looking to do. That's not to bad IMO!!!

Thus far Cooper has 2 players commited: Nick Carr - Spaulding University and AJ Collins - Thomas More. Jared Blank is still up in the air between Union, Hanover and Cumberland if I'm not mistaken. Chris Setser passed on Asbury to go to University of Lousiville and bypass baseball. Jaelin Shumacher, Cole Rowland and Jason Doerman are the remaining seniors that I have no clue what they are even looking to do. That's not to bad IMO!!!
I can see several JR's at least next year with the chance to play at the next level also. Dunn should have several nice offers to choose from and another off the top of my head that could deffinately play somewhere would be J Lawhorn, crafty pitcher but more important a solid glove in the outfield and deffinately a nice contact hitter, plus being a lefty doesn't hurt, just 2 to name a couple right there.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.