Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Campbell County 13 Cooper 3 (6 innings)

Featured Replies

I am basing Collins playing 1b due to the throws from the outfield. He also needs to look at being a "Wakefield" on the bump IMO.

 

I really hope he can pitch this year. He was so good the second half of the seaosn last year with his kunckleball. Love to see him do the same this year. Also, it makes a lot of sense to play 1st like you said because of the throws from outfield. I didn't think of that but once again you are right my friend.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As people who know who I am on here, I am a true believer in warming up the pitchers. If they are going to be brought in it helps them warm back up, because lets face it, they may not have to make a throw for 3 - 4 or even more innings other than the tossing between. I do think that is not the right thing to do. Shocker though, I did about fall out of my chair the other day watching I think USC and Arizona St. and one of the teams brought the Center Fielder right to the bump in the middle of an inning.

 

For Cooper it was blake McMahan, Collin Hathorne, Jason Doerman and Jaelin Shoemacker. Let me add also for some reason Cooper's coach didn't think warming relief pitchers up before they went into the game was a need.

 

Only 1 of the 3 relief pitchers warmed up a little before entering the game.

Jag, Hellbird and whoever else. Until this group of kids is consistantly on the field it's going to be tough bottom line. You will have to plug here and there, but not 2-3 at a time. This is no order and my opinion.

 

Carr - CF

Burgos - LF or RF

Blank - SS

Collins - 1B

Dunn - 3B

Lawhorn - LF or RF

Shumacher - 2B

Fussinger - C

 

If Dunn is on the mound then plug McMahon. If Lawhorn, plug Hawthorn and so on. Not Rocket Science. This is what I feel is the best Defensive and Offensive team hands down. We are not in Little League no more and players need to accept roles, if they are not considered a consistant starter. Shumacker shouldn't leave 2B unless he is pitching and then you plug a player in for him. If this offends anyone I am sorry.

TBC , I agree with your lineup that seems like a great lineup but we still have to cut back on the errors if its not fielding errors its running errors so that has to stop .
As people who know who I am on here, I am a true believer in warming up the pitchers. If they are going to be brought in it helps them warm back up, because lets face it, they may not have to make a throw for 3 - 4 or even more innings other than the tossing between. I do think that is not the right thing to do. Shocker though, I did about fall out of my chair the other day watching I think USC and Arizona St. and one of the teams brought the Center Fielder right to the bump in the middle of an inning.

Well, there was something else that puzzled me with the game. They are playing a double header today as well as another doubleheader tomorrow and then they have their first seeded game against Conner on Monday. They used 4 pitchers last night alone in that game, once the 5th inning was over the Jags were pretty far behind, so why not just go with as few pitchers as you can especially seeing the mass changes made in the field as is usual come the 5th inning when the team is behind. Why if you are giving up on the game at that point which seems to be the signal the coaches send when they make mass changes in the field do they go and throw 2 more pitchers that they could of used tonight? Now they used 4 pitchers in 1 game with 5 more games in the next 4 days?

 

Not only that but if they want to save Dunn until the district seeding game Monday, that is 1 less pitcher they can use this weekend. Now I don't think they have a choice but to use Dunn this weekend as well as Lawhorn, Smith etc. so they will be throwing someone like McMahan against Conner.

 

I guess I jusst question the thinking behind how they use their starting pitchers, as well as scheduling back to back days with double headers each day when without AJ on the bump they only have 3 true starters to cover 6 games in 4 days.

 

I think they should of threw Dunn yesterday knowing all the starters would be used this weekend and let him have the most rest before Monday comes around.

Jag, Hellbird and whoever else. Until this group of kids is consistantly on the field it's going to be tough bottom line. You will have to plug here and there, but not 2-3 at a time. This is no order and my opinion.

 

Carr - CF

Burgos - LF or RF

Blank - SS

Collins - 1B

Dunn - 3B

Lawhorn - LF or RF

Shumacher - 2B

Fussinger - C

 

If Dunn is on the mound then plug McMahon. If Lawhorn, plug Hawthorn and so on. Not Rocket Science. This is what I feel is the best Defensive and Offensive team hands down. We are not in Little League no more and players need to accept roles, if they are not considered a consistant starter. Shumacker shouldn't leave 2B unless he is pitching and then you plug a player in for him. If this offends anyone I am sorry.

 

Where is Sester?

TBC , I agree with your lineup that seems like a great lineup but we still have to cut back on the errors if its not fielding errors its running errors so that has to stop .

Kids are playing scared. There is a reason these same kids excell in summer ball compared to HS ball. When you play knowing if you make one little mistake you will get yanked and scolded then you tend to play tight and when you play tight errors occur. imo

 

I will give you an example of what I'm talking about just from yesterdays game. There were 3 players benched yesterday, 2 of them in the 2nd inning, the other after his 2nd at bat (batting cleanup) due to not getting a hit.

The 2 who were benched in the 2nd inning were benched due to the following: 1st one got walked, was stealing 2nd when the ump yelled "strike" at the same time a player in the dugout yelled "Down" as in slide, the player saw the 2nd baseman stand straight up as if there wasn't a throw the same time he heard the ump and player yell as he thought they yelled "foul" instead of Down as it looked as if the 2nd baseman wasn't getting a throw, the runner let up as a throw was made, it wasn't a foul ball, he still slid into the bag and was safe. He was immediatley yanked from the game for "not trying"

 

The other player benched in the same inning was told before the game he was to hit opposite field, he was up to bat with a runner on 3rd, he hit a grounder to 1st (opo) to score the runner on 3rd, the ball was hit to the first baseman and as the 1st baseman stepped on the bag the batter let up and was benched for not hustling.

Edited by Hellbird

Jag....Cant agree more. But I will say this. Knowing each others capabilities on the field. Going into the line-up knowing that each other has each others backs is also important. Knowing the runners in front of you is also huge. Hard to get that without consistancy. Personally, I can deal with physical errors, unless the player is just having one of those games, but mental errors are my biggest issue. I would like to know how many base running mistakes those kids I have listed have actually made? If you count the potential one at the Dixie game with Luis, I would have to say the runner from 3rd should have scored with the ball being hit to the right side. He was held by the coach, which was a mistake. Worst case is, if they come home and get the runner, we still have first and third with 2 outs with I thing Jared coming to the plate. I only bring this one up because I feel that this was looked at as a baserunning mistake and actually it was not, IMO.

 

TBC , I agree with your lineup that seems like a great lineup but we still have to cut back on the errors if its not fielding errors its running errors so that has to stop .

I was told last night, that the West High games were cancelled. So, today is the only day we would play, if we do. I'm sure Biegs is probally feelinig good about this, since this looks to have been an over scheduling IMO.

 

Well, there was something else that puzzled me with the game. They are playing a double header today as well as another doubleheader tomorrow and then they have their first seeded game against Conner on Monday. They used 4 pitchers last night alone in that game, once the 5th inning was over the Jags were pretty far behind, so why not just go with as few pitchers as you can especially seeing the mass changes made in the field as is usual come the 5th inning when the team is behind. Why if you are giving up on the game at that point which seems to be the signal the coaches send when they make mass changes in the field do they go and throw 2 more pitchers that they could of used tonight? Now they used 4 pitchers in 1 game with 5 more games in the next 4 days?

 

Not only that but if they want to save Dunn until the district seeding game Monday, that is 1 less pitcher they can use this weekend. Now I don't think they have a choice but to use Dunn this weekend as well as Lawhorn, Smith etc. so they will be throwing someone like McMahan against Conner.

 

I guess I jusst question the thinking behind how they use their starting pitchers, as well as scheduling back to back days with double headers each day when without AJ on the bump they only have 3 true starters to cover 6 games in 4 days.

 

I think they should of threw Dunn yesterday knowing all the starters would be used this weekend and let him have the most rest before Monday comes around.

Props to Campbell County. They seem to be getting on a nice little roll.

 

Good job Campbell County, however, I'm very surprised by this score. What the heck happened?
I was told last night, that the West High games were cancelled. So, today is the only day we would play, if we do. I'm sure Biegs is probally feelinig good about this, since this looks to have been an over scheduling IMO.

That is great news if it's true!!!!

 

playing 6 games in 4 days is a little much at this point in a season especially after playing the 3 games last weekend.

I see where your coming from. The kids, like I've said for quite some time, just need to block it out. I know, easy to say, and truthfully I don't think not one of them can completely block things out. Some just have a higher, PERCENTAGE BLOCKER, than the others. He does want hustle even if your out by 90ft. and has always been like that. Ok, 90ft is extreme, but he wants it. I would rather retain energy if you are out that easily myself. The runner incident was confusing to really everyone, so I don't really know why he wouldn't get a pass on that one. I personally don't like sulking after a situation. Go back to the bench, beat yourself up a little, cuss yourself out in your head and move on and start cheering for your team. The at bat is over and there is nothing you can do anyway.

 

Kids are playing scared. There is a reason these same kids excell in summer ball compared to HS ball. When you play knowing if you make one little mistake you will get yanked and scolded then you tend to play tight and when you play tight errors occur. imo

 

I will give you an example of what I'm talking about just from yesterdays game. There were 3 players benched yesterday, 2 of them in the 2nd inning, the other after his 2nd at bat (batting cleanup) due to not getting a hit.

The 2 who were benched in the 2nd inning were benched due to the following: 1st one got walked, was stealing 2nd when the ump yelled "strike" at the same time a player in the dugout yelled "Down" as in slide, the player saw the 2nd baseman stand straight up as if there wasn't a throw the same time he heard the ump and player yell as he thought they yelled "foul" instead of Down as it looked as if the 2nd baseman wasn't getting a throw, the runner let up as a throw was made, it wasn't a foul ball, he still slid into the bag and was safe. He was immediatley yanked from the game for "not trying"

 

The other player benched in the same inning was told before the game he was to hit opposite field, he was up to bat with a runner on 3rd, he hit a grounder to 1st (opo) to score the runner on 3rd, the ball was hit to the first baseman and as the 1st baseman stepped on the bag the batter let up and was benched for not hustling.

Congrats to Campbell they did hit the ball well last night !

That is great news if it's true!!!!

 

playing 6 games in 4 days is a little much at this point in a season especially after playing the 3 games last weekend.

 

I have to say I am a little disappointed in Cooper this year.I had them winning the district.I have seen them play twice this year and am NOT impressed at all.I see talent but no team chemistrey.Let me add I dont have a kid on the team so im not biased at all.Unless major attitude changes are made I see this as a wasted oppurtunity for Cooper.Just one mans opinion.

I can see what you are saying bluebird but I don't know of any of the players with an attitude problem, actually ia haven't seen a team full of players that love playing with ecothwr as this team. They get together on off days and play baseball all the time.

 

Also have never heard any players ever talk back to coaches or curse etc.

Bluebird, I would concur. I would like to know what games you have seen thus far, since I have my own thoughts when the ship got off course?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.