Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bourbon Co. coach?

Featured Replies

Haven't heard much about this, other than many believe BoCo is a tough place for much continuity. Any word on possible candidates? Interview dates? Hire dates?

Only name I'm hearing is Derek Robinson, former Colonel great who played at Western Kentucky.

Only name I'm hearing is Derek Robinson, former Colonel great who played at Western Kentucky.

 

Any timeline on the hire?

BourboN Co. generally works very slowly with these things.

I am not sure if he is interested or not- but I believe this would be a great job and opportunity for Mason assistant coach Brad Cox. The guy is young, energetic, and has paid his dues. This guy is ready to build a program if someone would give him a chance. He may very well be happy where he is, just a thought!

Me personally, if I am Cox I don't touch the Bourbon Co. job. The administration needs to show that they're serious about basketball once again. The school has lost support for it's key event the Kentucky Bank Shootout and aren't pulling in crowds like they used to. Bourbon's best candidate is inside the system, ala Preston LeMaster but he's a year away from returning to the sidelines so I fully expect Derek Robinson to be the best hire for the school and everyone involved right now.

Bourbon's best candidate is inside the system, ala Preston LeMaster but he's a year away from returning to the sidelines...

 

What does that mean?

Me personally, if I am Cox I don't touch the Bourbon Co. job. The administration needs to show that they're serious about basketball once again. The school has lost support for it's key event the Kentucky Bank Shootout and aren't pulling in crowds like they used to. Bourbon's best candidate is inside the system, ala Preston LeMaster but he's a year away from returning to the sidelines so I fully expect Derek Robinson to be the best hire for the school and everyone involved right now.

 

LeMaster is inside the system? Thought he was let go as an assistant several years ago. Is he working for the school again? Is Derek Robinson a teacher at Bourbon?

I mean he is a Bourbon Co. grad, Derek is not a teacher but from all I know he is qualified.

The name being thrown around is Bob Eades. Derrick Robinson applied and never was interviewed, Bourbon Co. really did him wrong. If indeed it is Eades it seems Bourbon administration has mailed it in with the basketball program.

The name being thrown around is Bob Eades. Derrick Robinson applied and never was interviewed, Bourbon Co. really did him wrong. If indeed it is Eades it seems Bourbon administration has mailed it in with the basketball program.

 

The old Paris Coach?

Why would the administration have mailed it in if it were Bob Eades? I think it would be good for Bourbon. He's not trying to make a name for himself, he's not using it as a stepping stone. I don't think Eades would be a bad choice at all. He certainly knows the game. If the age factor is an excuse, do you think an up and coming young coach would stay at Bourbon more than 3 years? They need some stability. This is just an outsiders perspective.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.