Gallatin County 4 Carroll County 3

One4One

BTW the umpires were to issue a warning to both teams before the game that if there were any malicious acts against anyone in their judgement, there would be ejections. The umpire from Warsaw saw only a clean game.

Are you saying that one of the umpires was from Warsaw? If so, why was he assigned to the game and why did he accept it? There's no way he should have been officiating that game. Nothing good comes from something like that. It just gives a biased/unfair perception and rightfully so.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you saying that one of the umpires was from Warsaw? If so, why was he assigned to the game and why did he accept it? There's no way he should have been officiating that game. Nothing good comes from something like that. It just gives a biased/unfair perception and rightfully so.
The umpire in the field is from Warsaw. As a Gallatin parent and fan, I can assure you that he did nothing wrong in the game. Made good calls on a couple of close plays, and did a fair job. The umpires did not cause the Panther base running mistakes, the umpires were not the reason for the unsuccessful pick off play at 3B that allowed the winning run to score, and the umpires did not serve up an RBI double off the fence or a 2 run HR in the 5th inning that turned a Carroll 1-0 lead into a Gallatin 3-1 lead. But yes, I do agree that nothing good could come of having a Gallatin resident umpire the game because of the perception of bias. Again, congrats to both teams on a great game.

She also tripped on her way to 3rd and accidentally plowed her over at SS. while she was planting her foot to throw. You should see the video of the game.

Where's the video? I would be interested in hearing the specifics of the incident.

Inning (top/bottom)?

Outs?

Score?

Runners on base?

Who's batting?

Did the SS do her job by creating contact to get interference?

Was the runner called for interference?

Where's the video? I would be interested in hearing the specifics of the incident.

Inning (top/bottom)?

Outs?

Score?

Runners on base?

Who's batting?

Did the SS do her job by creating contact to get interference?

Was the runner called for interference?

6th inning, 2 outs, 3-3 tie game, runners on 1st and 2nd, toward bottom of order hitting, the runner was called out for the 3rd out.

The GC fans seemed to enjoy what happened. Her next at bat they were all yelling "Throw it inside and bust her in" I heard one of them yell "Hit her again" real classy. I thought after she got hit again that we should have someone hit for her next time we play, but after she ran her over at SS, I'm not sure she is safe from her on defense either. I guess she won't play against them anymore.
I can assure you that everyone at Gallatin hopes that the Shortstop is ok and not injured.

6th inning, 2 outs, 3-3 tie game, runners on 1st and 2nd, toward bottom of order hitting, the runner was called out for the 3rd out.

So what 20Rook is saying is that the runner intentionally ended the rally by running into the SS. This same runner is the pitcher in her 3rd game of the day in an obvious 3-3 battle against the same team that was an extra inning battle a week prior.

Doesn't he coach his players/daughter to make contact with the runner in this situation? Maybe the SS did her job?

When's the next game? They should sell tickets.