Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chris Seabolt to Greenwood?

Featured Replies

Is Bowling Green OL Coach Chris Seabolt the new head coach at Greenwood High School?

Its possible, I had heard his name mentioned for that job.

Haven't heard anything here in BG yet

  • Author

Thanks Blockbuster, from the article:

 

“I’m extremely excited about the opportunity to be here,” Seabolt said. “I’ve felt for many years that Greenwood High School has had a lot of potential. Coach Cavanah has done a great job here. He along with (previous coach Mark Nelson) are used to winning. I just hope we can go and take that next step.”

 

Seabolt has been the offensive line coach for the Purples the last two seasons after working under Griffith on the defensive side his first season at Bowling Green.

 

“(Bowling Green coach Kevin Wallace) and the coaching staff did a great job of preparing the kids,” Seabolt said.

 

“I learned a tremendous amount from coach Wallace and his staff as far as preparation for the opponent, breaking down opponents and things like that. Being at Bowling Green High School, there is not a lot of weeks off. We had 15 games last year and probably had 12 or 13 really good opponents on our schedule. I think that has helped me prepare for where I am at now.”

 

He was previously the offensive coordinator at Grayson County, which at the time was in the same district with the Purples and Warren Central. Seabolt began his coaching career as an assistant at Edmonson County.

  • Author

For those of you supporting Coach Seabolt (and I am not trying to infer anything negative here) could you please share with us why this is such a good hire for Greenwood?

For those of you supporting Coach Seabolt (and I am not trying to infer anything negative here) could you please share with us why this is such a good hire for Greenwood?

 

He is all around just a solid coach honestly. Very good with kids, a load of experience, and has worked under quality leadership. He will do very well.

  • Author
He is all around just a solid coach honestly. Very good with kids, a load of experience, and has worked under quality leadership. He will do very well.

 

Welcome aboard R3!

For those of you supporting Coach Seabolt (and I am not trying to infer anything negative here) could you please share with us why this is such a good hire for Greenwood?

 

I will affirm what R3 said. Coach Seabolt has a very good pedigree. He worked under Ed Smart at Grayson County and Coach Smart may be the most underrated coach in the state. Of course, his Bowling Green experience speaks for its self. Bowling Green's offensive line became markedly better under his leadership.

Also, I am not sure that people outside of BG have an idea about the depth of the BG coaching staff. During the last two seasons, BG had 3 former head coaches on it's staff and two former coordinators (including Coach Seabolt). Not to mention that the rest of the staff is incredibly experienced and sharp. There is a lot of coaching talent in that locker room.

  • Author
I will affirm what R3 said. Coach Seabolt has a very good pedigree. He worked under Ed Smart at Grayson County and Coach Smart may be the most underrated coach in the state. Of course, his Bowling Green experience speaks for its self. Bowling Green's offensive line became markedly better under his leadership.

Also, I am not sure that people outside of BG have an idea about the depth of the BG coaching staff. During the last two seasons, BG had 3 former head coaches on it's staff and two former coordinators (including Coach Seabolt). Not to mention that the rest of the staff is incredibly experienced and sharp. There is a lot of coaching talent in that locker room.

 

Thanks for the info, I am excited for Coach Seabolt and Greenwood.

 

And on a separate note, Coach Wallace sure knows coaching talent when he sees it.

Thanks for the info, I am excited for Coach Seabolt and Greenwood.

 

And on a separate note, Coach Wallace sure knows coaching talent when he sees it.

 

He and Griffith really sparked up something special at BG as far as coaching goes. Very impressive.

Also, I am not sure that people outside of BG have an idea about the depth of the BG coaching staff. During the last two seasons, BG had 3 former head coaches on it's staff and two former coordinators (including Coach Seabolt). Not to mention that the rest of the staff is incredibly experienced and sharp. There is a lot of coaching talent in that locker room.

 

I always thought that all the staff was set up so that when Wallace retired, Griffith could take over and everything would still be clicking. Which is why it so surprising to see everyone leave, especially for this year supposively being "The Year" in Bowling Green HS football. But that's beside the point, good luck to Coach Seabolt at Greenwood!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.