Turkey Season

Content1

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I misunderstood your post. This will be the first youth season my youngest has missed ever. But we plan on making up for it the following weekend. I heard my firsts gobbles behind our house last week (unsolicited) Saw several strutters on all the usual places along I-64. It's really tough for me to drive this time of year.

I'm glad my son didn't go out last weekend :widened: a friend of ours thought it was last weekend. Good news is he and his son didn't go either. Thanks for the info spindoc. Saturday morning looks like it will be a great one.

Let us know how you all do.

My son whacked one this morning. We got a break of about an hour and a half from the wind to start the day. 22lbs. 10 1/2in beard, 7/8in spurs. He's in the refrigerator chillin', goin' in the crockpot in the morning. We nearly doubled, they came in at an angle only one of us would have a shot, and like a good father, I deferred. And the other Tom set sail before I could get on him. Good morning, the Lord blessed.

I got my first turkey today! He was a pretty bird. The beard was just a hair under 12 inches and it was heavy as hell! After cleaning it, the meat alone weighed 18 pounds. We have some cooking now and can't wait to try it.

Congratulations.