April 9, 201313 yr But according to you Dalton will be as great as Drew Bree's is remember? So you think they will win the Super Bowl right? Or are you one who talks out of both sides of your mouth again? I say they will not win the super bowl or even make it to the AFCCG because I know this team a lot better than you do. Please tell me how this team has improved over last years team so far. You can't because they haven't yet you still claim they are better. So you think they will win the SB and I don't, who do you think will be right? My money is on me, I haven't been wrong about the team yet. Even last year when I said they would lose in their first game of the playoffs and you thought they would win. One of these days you will not be young and gullible when it comes to this team. You mean you the same person who didn't think they would have a chance to make the playoffs again last year, because the year before was a fluke. Yeah you sure were right on that. I know you have been on here for the last 2 years, but go back and ask people who was probably the only person who two years ago thought they could and would make the playoffs while everyone disagreed? That was me, and it was the same last year when people saw them playing tougher QB's they didn't think they would, and I thought so and guess what they did but man I was wrong on that I guess because you like to say I said they would win the Super Bowl haha. That is one thing people will probably agree with me on here is the fact that I probably was the only one right about this team the last two years, but if it makes you feel better to act like you were right and I was wrong have it it my man.
April 11, 201313 yr Unfortunately I didn't miss one home game from 1990 through 2002 and I have no idea where this team is headed this year but I can promise you one thing that is certain. This team is a hell of a lot closer to the Super Bowl than the 91 team was!! So futurecoach, simple question...do you think the Bengals will make it to the Super Bowl this year? The Answer to that simple question will tell you if they had a good free agency this off season. My answer, no. They did nothing to get better from last season in free agency, it's been over 2 decades and they are no closer to a super bowl than they were in 1991
April 14, 201313 yr Dalton is a perfect Bengals QB....does enough to win a few games, mostly because the defense or special teams make a play. He' not the kind of guy that can put a team on his shoulders and beat better teams. Putting Andy in the same sentence with Rivers and Brees is doing those guys a disservice. Maybe Katie didn't bring back Fitz because she knows he's better than/equal to Dalton and didn't want the PR nightmare of a QB competition
April 17, 201313 yr Dalton is a perfect Bengals QB....does enough to win a few games, mostly because the defense or special teams make a play. He' not the kind of guy that can put a team on his shoulders and beat better teams. Putting Andy in the same sentence with Rivers and Brees is doing those guys a disservice. Maybe Katie didn't bring back Fitz because she knows he's better than/equal to Dalton and didn't want the PR nightmare of a QB competition People had a lot worst things to say about Brees after this first 3 years in the NFL and not just 2 like it has been for Dalton. Dalton will not end up being as good as Brees, but then again no one ever thought Brees would end up being what he became either. Year 3 is a big year in judging the path Dalton's career will take.
April 17, 201313 yr People had a lot worst things to say about Brees after this first 3 years in the NFL and not just 2 like it has been for Dalton. Dalton will not end up being as good as Brees, but then again no one ever thought Brees would end up being what he became either. Year 3 is a big year in judging the path Dalton's career will take. If you admit Dalton will not be as good as Brees then why do you constantly compare the two? They aren't anything alike.
April 18, 201313 yr If you admit Dalton will not be as good as Brees then why do you constantly compare the two? They aren't anything alike. I compare them two because many people like you have acted like there is no chance he will do any better than what he has done already. I admit right now with his play he is not a guy who can take them far he does have to improve. However plenty of people act like its already a done deal this is who he is and no way he gets better. So a guy who is built like him, same arm strength, fell in the draft because of size and arm strength like Dalton, and then not only that didn't even play as good as Dalton in 3 years in the league as Dalton has in his first two. A guy who people didn't think was going to get better, and the reason why Chargers drafted someone to replace him. So hence the comparison because no one thought at that time any chance Brees even becomes a good QB and definitely not a future super bowl winning QB who will set records and be a hall of famer one day. So it is a very valid comparison, and why I disagree with people who act like they already know Dalton won't ever do much. After year 3 will be a better time to come up with a judgement on Dalton and his future. That has been my whole argument all along, but some people don't want to believe any chance a Bengal can improve and are quick to make judgements of players. Which I know your not the only one, this whole greater Cincinnati area has many fans who make quick judgements of players. Or as soon as a player struggles its OMG we need someone new this guy can't get it done. We have seen it with some Reds fans just after 9 games when they lost a few in a row. I just hate that mindset of making judgements on players way to soon. I admit Dalton has to play better if they want any chance to do anything. The Bengals fate this year does rest on him, they kept the team intact now its on him. If his play doesn't get better then they won't be better than a playoff that loses in the first round. It is all on him this year, and I can even admit that.
April 18, 201313 yr However before we even get back into this. Lets just agree to disagree and be done with this. Maybe we could at least agree on that the Bengals will go as far as Dalton's play takes them. Meaning if he doesn't improve then probably one and out in the playoffs will be their best bet. It all comes down to his play this year and he has to take that next step. Which the value of this years QB's down, I think it is the perfect year for the Bengals to take a QB in the 3rd or 4th round. This way for added competition and possibly having a guy who can step up if Dalton doesn't improve.
April 18, 201313 yr I didn't say he can't improve. What I said is he HAS to improve of they will do anything. His Inability to hot wide open receivers Down field is his biggest weakness.
April 18, 201313 yr I didn't say he can't improve. What I said is he HAS to improve of they will do anything. His Inability to hot wide open receivers Down field is his biggest weakness. I can't disagree with you there, I never said he didn't have many weaknesses. I know there are a lot of areas he has to improve on, and if he can't then the Bengals will never be more than at best a playoff team with him most likely. However there has been plenty of people to say that they don't think he the guy, and can't get them far in the playoffs. The guy has only been a starter for two years, its crazy for people to say that. So I know its not just you, however your the only one who replies back really when it comes to Dalton. For comparison sake though Dalton truly does have much better stats in his first two years as a starter than Brees did in his first two which happened in years 2 and 3 for him. Dalton: 629-for-1044 (60.2%), 7067 yards, 47 TD, 29 INT, 83.9 passer rating Brees: 525-for-882 (59.5%), 5392 yards, 28 TD, 31 INT, 73.1 passer rating Dalton definitely misses some passes, however he is not as bad off as people make him out to be. Especially since we all agree there is things he needs to improve on. Which if he can do that, he does have a chance to possibly get to being a top 10 QB one day.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.