Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands baseball tryouts

Featured Replies

Anyone hear how Highlands baseball tryouts are going? Sounds like they have lots to chose from this year?

  • Replies 32
  • Views 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone hear how Highlands baseball tryouts are going? Sounds like they have lots to chose from this year?

 

Roughly 75 kids. Tight races between some for spots on a team that graduated one senior contributor from a year ago. Younger ranks are booming with numbers.

There are tons of 8th graders trying out this year. It will be interesting to see how many freshman they push up to JV and replace with the 8th graders. They have these kids interested and if some of them can play I'm wondering how many they give a shot to.

There are tons of 8th graders trying out this year. It will be interesting to see how many freshman they push up to JV and replace with the 8th graders. They have these kids interested and if some of them can play I'm wondering how many they give a shot to.

 

With upperclassmen number finally where they should be, I dont think you'll see many 9th graders playing JV.

With upperclassmen number finally where they should be, I dont think you'll see many 9th graders playing JV.

 

I will really be interested to see how the rosters ultimately fall out when all is said and done.

There were several current freshman who played some JV last year true??????

  • Author

The only one I remember was doty

The only one I remember was doty

 

He's an 8th grader this year.

There were several current freshman who played some JV last year true??????

 

Yes there were. Mitchell Cain and Connor Kreeger are 2 that I know of off the top of my head. May have been a few others.

  • Author

Actually Doty is in 8th grade now but played freshman ball and maybe some JV. Very good baseball player.

First cuts are today...

First cuts are today...

 

Fortunately for the program but unfortunately for some promising players, some kids will get cut today that have promise down the road. I'd tell any young player that gets cut today to keep working. Get stronger. Your time will come.

Cuts today? More tomorrow? What's the scoop?

Cuts today? More tomorrow? What's the scoop?

 

First cut was yesterday. There will be another one in a few days.

  • Author

Are highlands baseball tryouts finished?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.