Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals Free Agents

Featured Replies

Nice list, I want to make a case for Gilberry to everyone. Gilberry had a solid year and adds nice depth on the DL, and he should be cheap.

 

I agree that they should bring back Gilberry but I'm making him fight for a spot with a rookie. The Bengals have quite a few options for the upcoming draft.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RB Cedric Peerman - I would probably let him walk.

RB Brian Leonard - I like Leonard but he was odd man out last year and that was with us short at RB, I would let him walk.

RB Bernard Scott - If he is 100% healthy he may get a one year deal for the league minimum.

WR Andrew Hawkins (exclusive rights) - This is a have to sign in my opinion.

WR Brandon Tate - Let him walk.

OT Andre Smith - I would sign him but I would leveage inconsitent play and the gun charge against him.

DB Nate Clements - I would sign either him or Newman to the league minimum.

DB Chris Crocker - We need him because we are so bad at safety.

DL Robert Geathers - I would let him go.

DL Michael Johnson - We need to sign Johnson and Johnson says he wants to be here.

DL Wallace Gilberry - Should be cheap, I would sign him.

DL Pat Sims - I would sign him.

LB Rey Maualuga - Definitely out the door.

LB Thomas Howard - If 100% healthy then we need him because we are so weak at LB.

LB Manny Lawson - Definitely out the door.

LB Dan Skuta - Out the door.

DB Pacman Jones - I would look at resigning Pacman cheap.

DB Jeromy Miles (RFA) - If we draft solid and/or sign someone at his position then dump him.

DB Terence Newman - I would sign either him or Clements to the league minimum.

PK Josh Brown - I would play him and Nugent against each other and sign one of them.

PK Mike Nugent - I would play him and Brown against each other and sign one of them.

P Kevin Huber - I would resign Huber.

 

Keep Andre Smith,, Hawkins, Clements, Johnso, sims

and let Rey Rey go!!!

 

Curious in why you all would want Nate Clements back? If its between Newman or Clements, its a no brainer that it should be Newman. After a rough start to the season, Newman played really well at corner. There is a reason why Clements couldn't see the field last year once Crocker signed back with the team. Then when he did see the field he couldn't even cover a TE anymore. I love how hard Clements plays and all that, but the man just can't cut it anymore and I see no reason why they should bring him back. Newman on the other hand did show that he can still go out and cover receivers.

Before Nugent got hurt I figured it was a no brainer to re sign him. But now after the way Brown kicked to end the season.........I think the Bengals need to figure out if Brown can kick as effectively over an entire season. If so then I think they take whichever comes cheaper and save the money for another free agent.

  • Author
Before Nugent got hurt I figured it was a no brainer to re sign him. But now after the way Brown kicked to end the season.........I think the Bengals need to figure out if Brown can kick as effectively over an entire season. If so then I think they take whichever comes cheaper and save the money for another free agent.

 

Exactly!

  • Author
Curious in why you all would want Nate Clements back? If its between Newman or Clements, its a no brainer that it should be Newman. After a rough start to the season, Newman played really well at corner. There is a reason why Clements couldn't see the field last year once Crocker signed back with the team. Then when he did see the field he couldn't even cover a TE anymore. I love how hard Clements plays and all that, but the man just can't cut it anymore and I see no reason why they should bring him back. Newman on the other hand did show that he can still go out and cover receivers.

 

Let me rephrase, I would play Clements against Newman and sign Newman for the least amount possible.

 

And, Clements is a CB and Crocker is a Safety, right?

Clements was moved to safety middle of the season that spells time to hang it up.

Let me rephrase, I would play Clements against Newman and sign Newman for the least amount possible.

 

And, Clements is a CB and Crocker is a Safety, right?

 

Clements played both corner and safety last year. He lost his starting job to Newman at corner, and then was not even the teams third corner because Adam Jones took that role behind Newman and Leon Hall. So they tried Clements at safety since Mays was not getting it done, and he was getting playing time then but once Crocker came back. Clements was no longer playing safety and couldn't see the field at corner either. He played some safety in the playoff game and a lot like Rey Maguluga on Foster he couldn't guard the TE. If he wants to extend his career, he probably will be playing safety more often. However the Bengals need corners, and its not even close between him and Newman anymore.

I heard it somewhere and I will try to find the link. However one of the pro football sites that grades each player in the NFL on every play had Newman as I believe the 14th rated corner in the NFL and the only defensive back for the Bengals who received a positive score. Adam Jones had the next best score in the secondary per play.

  • Author
I heard it somewhere and I will try to find the link. However one of the pro football sites that grades each player in the NFL on every play had Newman as I believe the 14th rated corner in the NFL and the only defensive back for the Bengals who received a positive score. Adam Jones had the next best score in the secondary per play.

 

Interesting, wonder what the beef is with Hall?

Interesting, wonder what the beef is with Hall?

 

No beef with Hall at all. Actually the only reason why he might not have got as good of a grade as the Adam Jones and Newman from these NFL people who grade the players play is because of early in the season when he was still getting back into the flow of things. By the end of the year Hall was playing pretty darn good obviously and made some huge plays.

Bengals franchise tagged Michael Johnson. He will get at least 11 million a year. We might lose Andre Smith now.

  • Author
Bengals franchise tagged Michael Johnson. He will get at least 11 million a year. We might lose Andre Smith now.

 

Why do you think tagging Johnson means we may lose Smith? Lost threat of the tag?

Why do you think tagging Johnson means we may lose Smith? Lost threat of the tag?

 

Smith will be aloud to sign with who ever he wants now.

  • Author
Smith will be aloud to sign with who ever he wants now.

 

I would like to see the Bengals sign Smith back but if not I am good with Anthony Collins and a new draft pick.

I would like to see the Bengals sign Smith back but if not I am good with Anthony Collins and a new draft pick.

 

True right tackles are easy to come by. Johnson is a freak you don't get to many 6'7 270 pound ends who can also play LB.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.