Covington Holy Cross 61 St. Henry 49

Congrats to Holy Cross!

Notes...(Clyde Style)

--Overall an exciting game, the Cru snagged the lead briefly in the 4th, but at that point fouls were 10+ to 2, and the Indians were sinking them from the line

--Several Crusaders hitting the treys. I mean how else can you score with Antonio underneath the basket? :idunno:

--Packed gym, fun atmosphere. Nice little dance group for halftime. :ylsuper

--Bunch of students were honored at halftime for something but I have no clue because could not hear the announcer. :irked:

--Fish fry night too so very crowded. I had to park on the other side of the tracks, :eek: in Covington. :scared: (Seriously, I was parked on the other side of the train tracks. :lol:)

--I think Antonio got his 1000th point or something special. Not sure because I could not hear.:madman: If so, a heartfelt congratulations on the accomplishment, whatever it was. :lol:

Not to :deadhorse:, but the most frustrating thing about the game was not St Henry called for foul after foul as they attempted to guard Campbell. No Sir. The most frustrating thing about the game was not hearing anything the announcer said. :taz: Especially at the times when the gym was quiet, like at free throws.

Good Luck to the Indians at districts! All the best to the Senior Indians in their future endeavors.

Edited by hoops5

ST. HENRY 12-11-16-10—49

at H. CROSS 18-12-12-19—61

ST. HENRY (9-13): Rechtin 5 0 13, Kunstek 4 0 10, Noble 4 1 9, Best 3 0 7, Meiman 1 2 5, Hils 2 0 4, Carr 0 1 1. Totals 19 4 49.

HOLY CROSS (15-11): Campbell 11 5 27, McClendon 5 1 11, Tiberi 3 2 10, Gabbard 2 3 8, Pouncy 0 2 2, Knochelman 1 0 2, Thiel 0 1 1. Totals 22 13 61.

3-pointers: SH—Best, Rechtin 3, Meiman, Kunstek 2. HC—Tiberi 2, Gabbard 2.

Campbell gets his 1000pt. Congrats

Read more: 2/15 BBK: Holy Cross sinks St. Henry

I think they have 7 seniors.

I know I probably have my team glasses on, but Campbell was lucky he didn't get tossed for taking a swing in retaliation to a foul. He was getting pushed in the lane all night long and after one time (on a foul that was called), he swung and hit Meiman in the face. You can judge at the 1:16 to 1:17 or so mark of the broadcast. I saw the swollen bent nose and blood. I know the announcers were surprised why he was upset, but it was because he got smacked.

I think they have 7 seniors.

I know I probably have my team glasses on, but Campbell was lucky he didn't get tossed for taking a swing in retaliation to a foul. He was getting pushed in the lane all night long and after one time (on a foul that was called), he swung and hit Meiman in the face. You can judge at the 1:16 to 1:17 or so mark of the broadcast. I saw the swollen bent nose and blood. I know the announcers were surprised why he was upset, but it was because he got smacked.

It was certainly a play where he could have been tossed.

Meiman wasn't innocent by any means as he attacked Campbell with two forearms to the chest as Campbell was going to the block.

Campbell and the Tribe are lucky he didn't get tossed.

How bad will Holy Cross be next year? They lose 7 Srs including their top 3 scorers.

Is there anything in the Covington/Cincinnati pipeline?

They lost 5 seniors last year including 9th region player of the year runner up and they seemed to do ok this year! They will still be competitive as always. Just maybe not top 5 as the past 2 years!