Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Newport Central Catholic 63 Ryle 54

Featured Replies

NCC's guard play on defense was poor and that is being kind. They were consistantly beat off the dribble especially Pangallo & Siebert. Ryle's guards penetrated the lane at will putting pressure on the bigs to try and defend. Maybe they were coasting a little but on ball pressure was poor.

 

Everyone RELAX. NCC is fine. They beat Ryle, period. They are still the same team that is 26-2. Was last night their best showing, no. Big deal.

 

They have all the pieces needed to win the region.

 

1) Senior leadership

2) Team chemistry and defense

3) Inside out approach

4) Great inside presence with Schulte and McDonald. McDonald was unstoppable last night.

5) Great point guard in Pangallo. I bet he only missed 2 shots all night last night and his assist to turnover ratio had to be favorable.

6) Battle tested schedule

7) Productive Bench - there is more to basketball tan scoring.

8) Great free throw shooting team

 

NCC is fine. Defense is fine. Bench play is fine. All is fine.

 

There is no team better positioned going into post season play.

 

Don't start trouble where there is none.

 

If the Breds players read this board, keep doing what you are doing and I can't wait for the districts and Regional.

Everyone RELAX. NCC is fine. They beat Ryle, period. They are still the same team that is 26-2. Was last night their best showing, no. Big deal.

 

They have all the pieces needed to win the region.

 

1) Senior leadership

2) Team chemistry and defense

3) Inside out approach

4) Great inside presence with Schulte and McDonald. McDonald was unstoppable last night.

5) Great point guard in Pangallo. I bet he only missed 2 shots all night last night and his assist to turnover ratio had to be favorable.

6) Battle tested schedule

7) Productive Bench - there is more to basketball tan scoring.

8) Great free throw shooting team

 

NCC is fine. Defense is fine. Bench play is fine. All is fine.

 

There is no team better positioned going into post season play.

 

Don't start trouble where there is none.

If the Breds players read this board, keep doing what you are doing and I can't wait for the districts and Regional.

 

????? Now I agree with you and have said as such but how is anyone starting trouble.

 

????? Now I agree with you and have said as such but how is anyone starting trouble.

 

I think what Money is trying to say is Newcath didn't play their best game last night

and still won by 9 could of been by more. Looks like Ryle played really good and played hard. Newcath is going to get everybodies best effort just like Holmes will get it from teams and Cooper ect........ When Holmes lost by 1 to Scott everyone didn't say man Holmes better not play like that they won't make it very far in region. Highlands beat Scott last night. Newcath and Holmes know from here on out you have to bring it each game or it could be their last.

While your point is valid, a good bench does not necessarily have to provide points. While I would agree it would be nice to see the bench sink a bucket or two, the Breds bench when called upon has provided many valuable minutes to give the starting 5 a much need rest or fill-in when someone has gotten into foul trouble. Weyer, Dupont, & Devoto, who get the bulk of the bench minutes, have scored some and have done a very good job in their role ball handling and on "D".

 

Isn't J. Covington at NCC this year? Is he playing any Varsity minutes?

  • Author
Isn't J. Covington at NCC this year? Is he playing any Varsity minutes?

 

He transferred back to Holmes the Monday after the Campbell Co. game.

  • Author
Everyone RELAX. NCC is fine. They beat Ryle, period. They are still the same team that is 26-2. Was last night their best showing, no. Big deal.

 

They have all the pieces needed to win the region.

 

1) Senior leadership

2) Team chemistry and defense

3) Inside out approach

4) Great inside presence with Schulte and McDonald. McDonald was unstoppable last night.

5) Great point guard in Pangallo. I bet he only missed 2 shots all night last night and his assist to turnover ratio had to be favorable.

6) Battle tested schedule

7) Productive Bench - there is more to basketball tan scoring.

8) Great free throw shooting team

 

NCC is fine. Defense is fine. Bench play is fine. All is fine.

 

There is no team better positioned going into post season play.

 

Don't start trouble where there is none.

 

If the Breds players read this board, keep doing what you are doing and I can't wait for the districts and Regional.

 

No one is starting trouble, only giving their OPINION of this game. Last night the Breds didn't bring their "A" game, but got the job done. I agree 100% with your 8 points above. :thumb:

The intent was not a slap in the face but as soon as I posted it I knew you would question it. Of the teams in the district Newport is the only one that has shown any type of ability to beat NCC. NOT Bellevue NOT Dayton NOT Highlands. By your same line of questioning you should have asked me if I have given Newport a win over either Bellevue or Dayton..........

 

So to answer your question IN MY OPINION Highlands has not shown anything that would lead me to believe that they can step up and beat NCC. Now I also believe that Highlands is one of the biggest disapppointments in the region this season. Injuries, poor guard play, and no ability to score for whatever reason, would be three things I have witnessed. I think they have talent and have the ability somewhere in that group to be competitive but it has not come out all year as of yet.

 

Maybe in the district it will; in fact I hope it does. Would like nothing better than to see NCC get knocked off.......:thumb:

 

 

I get where you are coming from. I just want to make sure I dont have to tell the Boy he has to turn in his gear after Friday's game vs Beechwood.

 

Matchups are a problem for sure which is why you cant try to play Man-Man right out of the shoot like they did last time. Scoring is a problem because the offensive sets are geared more at getting high percentage shots. It will be a monumental task that is for sure.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.