Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will St Henry Have a Team This Year?

Featured Replies

A)Stacy Doyle

B)in 1997 how many Nky schools were still playing slow?

C)if you played for Brossart you should have * by your stats.

D) my favorite memory was watching her jump out of the way (or duck) when you hit middle.

E) what traveling team did she play with again?

I have other favorite memories too.

  • Replies 43
  • Views 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A)Stacy Doyle

B)in 1997 how many Nky schools were still playing slow?

C)if you played for Brossart you should have * by your stats.

D) my favorite memory was watching her jump out of the way (or duck) when you hit middle.

E) what traveling team did she play with again?

I have other favorite memories too.

 

Looks to me like someone is jealous? :idunno:

Jealous of Stacy? Yeah, you're right she probably was.

Seriously, Slow-Pitch in the late 90's was a rec league. That's why I said Robyn in the HOF makes me laugh. She was a good Slow-Pitch pitcher and was also not competing against Boone, Conner, Ryle etc. Heck, maybe I am jealous that I didn't play Beechwood, Villa and Ludlow every week. I would have to check my mom's scrapbook but I'm pretty sure I have the same list of dust collecters(Without the *). When I think HOF and softball and NKY she just didn't come to mind.

Maybe the VFW league will have a HOF this year and RCC9 and myself could be front runners!

Oops, I meant Mrs. RCC9. Ha ha

Robyn Saccone Schroeder Bishop Brossart (1993-1997)

 

Robyn was one of the premier slow pitch players and pitchers ever in Northern Kentucky. During her four years as the starting pitcher for Bishop Brossart the team finished with 139 wins and 25 losses. The three time All-Region performer batted .593 to lead Northern Ky. In batting. She was a three time team MVP leading her team to two Region Titles, 4 NKAC Titles and 4 District Titles. In soccer she was “Best defensive Player” and in basketball was named “Top defender.” Robyn was a member of Bishop Brossart’s first All “A” Region Basketblal Champions.

 

With all due respect to Robyn, I am sure she was a good athlete, but was BGH doing the stats back then? Just sayin. I'm really not sure though.

Just more jealousy and of course remember NCC and Highlands continued to play slow pitch long after BBHS converted to fast pitch. I just laugh while we keep winning and getting them in the Hall of Fame. :D

Just more jealousy and of course remember NCC and Highlands continued to play slow pitch long after BBHS converted to fast pitch. I just laugh while we keep winning and getting them in the Hall of Fame. :D

 

What does Highlands and NCC have to do with this? :idunno: I am sure there were many other teams still playing slowpitch until they had to convert to fastpitch.

I thought this was a St. Henry's thread.

Open another thread for the bickering.....

She was actually an assistant at Holy Cross.

 

Congrats to Feedom Fogt, I am sure Freedom will do a good job. I for one was VERY disappointed when she was not offered the job at Holy Cross, but I guess their lose is St Henry's gain.

 

Freedom and her husband helped with the JV for HC 2 years ago and for reasons unknown were passed over for their current coach. They agreed to stay on last year but it didn't work out so they ended up not finishing the season.

I thought this was a St. Henry's thread.

Open another thread for the bickering.....

 

:thumb:

Hope she can build a program. St. Henry is definately a place where a very solid program could be built, since it has everything you need to be able to do that. Facilities are good and not far from great. Hopefully she is well supported and can get build the program with getting interest from more girls. I know there is a lot of excitment with this hire. :thumb:

Hope she can build a program. St. Henry is definately a place where a very solid program could be built, since it has everything you need to be able to do that. Facilities are good and not far from great. Hopefully she is well supported and can get build the program with getting interest from more girls. I know there is a lot of excitment with this hire. :thumb:

 

My guess is she will do very fine. With a little luck and some talent I think they will compete for the region every year.

 

No way of knowing but if she would have been there say for the last 5 years with the talent they have had go through there my guess would be they would have found a way to get to Owensboro at least once.

Hope she can build a program. St. Henry is definately a place where a very solid program could be built, since it has everything you need to be able to do that. Facilities are good and not far from great. Hopefully she is well supported and can get build the program with getting interest from more girls. I know there is a lot of excitment with this hire. :thumb:

 

And by the way I bet she gets votes in the ksca every chance she gets!!

They had their chances the last three years but Defense wins this region and they had lapses there. In this region, if you have a pitcher thats good enough to win (about 4-5 teams) the team that plays the best D wins.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.