Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Holy Cross 78 Beechwood 49

Featured Replies

Really? Siblings can't have different talent levels or skill sets?

 

First, almost all kids that get to the point of not being able to play because of grades do so because of laziness so the odds are with me.

 

Your point is valid but I don't think I'm going out on a limb here.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your missing my point. The coaches do not have to directly say anything. I think it happens to a degree at ALL "Football" schools. Large and small. Beechwood and others. Again , I experienced it first hand. The culture at Beechwood has been the same at Beechwood since the mid 70's ( football is king and its cool to play football). Culture is one of the most difficult things to change in humans. It takes time. Miller has 1.5 years at the helm and has about a zero percent chance of being removed and has plenty of supporters.

How many times have we seen Coach Rash at BB games ?

How many times have we seen Miller at Football games ?

That may be an indicator of support ? Just my humble opinion.

Also, since 2007. Beechwood has had 55 of 72 wins against NKY D3 teams (.267 win % against everyone else and many of those were against smaller/bad programs from around the state. I can't really remember a signature win in quite some time ? Beat CCH 2x a few years back but that was during the worst year they have had in decades. Sure the record does not indicate success but it takes time to build a program. Ask Bernie Barre. There were plenty of years that Bechwood was not very good in football. Answer me this too.......what is the difference in getting drilled in football or getting drilled in BB. What was the last signature win for Beechwood football ?

 

Z5

 

 

You are missing my point. Mustang posted above that he suspected there were football obstacles and you seemed to agree. I am saying that is not true. Last year's basketball roster had 11 football players on it. This year's roster has 8 football players. I am making it very clear that any football player that wants to play basketball is not only free to do so, but would be encouraged to do so by the current football staff. That is my point.

 

But to respond to some of your other comments:

 

1. I have seen Coach Rash at a lot of basketball games. I have seen Coach Miller at football games. I don't see any issues on either side supporting the other's sport.

 

2. Basketball success/schedule - I agree. The tougher schedule is a challenge. A .500 record would be a nice season for the Tigers with the district Beechwood is in and playing up in the conference.

 

3. Signature wins - Not many in basketball. But the previous two coaches did make it to the regional. There were some good wins in there versus bigger schools - CCH, Conner, Dixie and Holy Cross.

 

But back to my main point because I don't want it to get lost in the above comments - football is not an obstacle, unless you consider kids playing football and not being focused on basketball an obstacle. And if that is your point, I agree that isn't going to change at Beechwood because of the history and success of football. I just want to make it clear that no one is keeping kids from playing other sports and in fact all the football coaches are very supportive of kids playing other sports.

You are missing my point. Mustang posted above that he suspected there were football obstacles and you seemed to agree. I am saying that is not true. Last year's basketball roster had 11 football players on it. This year's roster has 8 football players. I am making it very clear that any football player that wants to play basketball is not only free to do so, but would be encouraged to do so by the current football staff. That is my point.

 

But to respond to some of your other comments:

 

1. I have seen Coach Rash at a lot of basketball games. I have seen Coach Miller at football games. I don't see any issues on either side supporting the other's sport.

 

2. Basketball success/schedule - I agree. The tougher schedule is a challenge. A .500 record would be a nice season for the Tigers with the district Beechwood is in and playing up in the conference.

 

3. Signature wins - Not many in basketball. But the previous two coaches did make it to the regional. There were some good wins in there versus bigger schools - CCH, Conner, Dixie and Holy Cross.

 

But back to my main point because I don't want it to get lost in the above comments - football is not an obstacle, unless you consider kids playing football and not being focused on basketball an obstacle. And if that is your point, I agree that isn't going to change at Beechwood because of the history and success of football. I just want to make it clear that no one is keeping kids from playing other sports and in fact all the football coaches are very supportive of kids playing other sports.

 

Lat paragraph. First point. Bingo. Huge obstacle !

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.