Newport Central Catholic

They always seem to pull it together. I'm not worried about them. They will have some kids step up and you'll see the same brand of tough hard nosed smash-mouth football that we're accustomed to with the Breds. I'd just like to think they'll make a decision soon so they will have some motivation and direction in the winter conditioning...

Has there been any word on a new coach? Also, with the talent the Breds have leaving who will they gave in the QB and RB positions?

Smith will be one of the RBs. Franzen, I would guess, will be in the mix at QB. If he returns to WR, he will be the best returning WR in NKY.

If Franzen is QB - who will he throw it to?

If Franzen is WR - who will throw it to him?

Tommy Donnelly, 6'4" 170 lbs. SR. this year. If you remember correctly he was lost for the season on the very 1st offensive play last year in the Dixie game (ACL injury).

Tommy Donnelly, 6'4" 170 lbs. SR. this year. If you remember correctly he was lost for the season on the very 1st offensive play last year in the Dixie game (ACL injury).

You are correct. I believe in some preseason games he also got action at QB. Either Franzen or Donnelly I assume will be at QB and the other will be #1 WR. Smith will be very good RB but would like to see some more muscle put on. He has the speed and nice moves with the ball in his hands. As far as coach IMO it has to be either Wagner or Terry Brown. Two great choices and cant go wrong with either. I personally would like to see Brown but either of the two men will have the Breds ready for another run next season.

Donnelly is another from the Smith/Kues/Maushart/Gruenschlager clan. Lot's of big kids in that family.

Donnelly is another from the Smith/Kues/Maushart/Gruenschlager clan. Lot's of big kids in that family.

That was the family we would see at church growing up that made the 6 kid family of mine small at the time. They have a ton of kids and all of them are great people. I'd love to see Donnelly stay healthy is year and have a great year...