Les Mis: The Movie

All Tell

Saw the Movie today and it was very very good . I thought that it was interesting That Colm Wilkinson played the Bishop of Digne . Colm Wilkinson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Colm Wilkinson, original Jean Valjean, on 'Les Miserables' movie - latimes.com

and Francis Ruffelle played a small part as a prostitute in the movie

very nice touch by the movie makers

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Saw the Movie today and it was very very good . I thought that it was interesting That Colm Wilkinson played the Bishop of Digne.
I had no idea that was Colm Wilkinson, until someone mentioned it the other night. Now I wish I would've paid more attention. Looking forward to this coming out on DVD after it make's its run.

Samantha Barks (see below) has played Eponine in London and many of the extras (prostitutes, citizens, prisoners) have played in the various productions of the stage play over the years.

les-miserables-movie-image-samantha-barks.jpg

Edited by All Tell

When I've seen it on stage that song was always the most poignant to me. In the film because of how "real" Anne Hathaway made her situation look and the sheer emotion she sang with I Dreamed a Dream really touched me.
Yes, I have to agree with you there.

A Broadway production if Les Miserables will be in Columbus' date=' Ohio at the Ohio Theatre this May. I will definitely be making the trip.[/quote']

You won't be disappointed. The touring cast is outstanding. I'm all in if it comes back to Louisville.

Sent from my Samsung Stratosphere using Forum Runner

You won't be disappointed. The touring cast is outstanding. I'm all in if it comes back to Louisville.

Sent from my Samsung Stratosphere using Forum Runner

I saw it earlier this year at the Aronoff. The guy playing Valjaen looked a lot like Alfie Bowe, but I'm sure it wasn't. Only complaint I had is that they did a race swap on Eponine after she grew up. I was totally lost until someone explained what happened. :cool: