Bishop Brossart 53 Manual 46

It was an impressive day for the Lady 'Stangs of Bishop Brossart. They settled for a 1-1 result but in Coach Feldmann's eyes the effort was 2-0. The Lady 'Stangs fell 45-38 to Number 2 ranked Anderson County and then upended Number 4 ranked Manual this evening 53-46. Manual was subbing a pool game for a team that didn't show for the tourney giving Brossart a tough draw.

“I was very proud of their effort,” exclaimed an exhauster Josh Feldmann. “We played two top five teams in four hours and could have won both.” The Lady 'Stangs are now 9-3 while Anderson County improves to 8-2 and Manual now slips to 7-3. The games were part of pool play the STAXX Bar-B-Q Invitational at Franklin County High School in Frankfort, Kentucky today.

The Lady 'Stangs will now play the winner of the George Rogers Clark and Richmond, Indiana game at 4:45 Friday.

One thing that has to make Coach Feldmann happy is the improved shooting percentage the last three games that was 51% versus Mason Co. and averaged over 46% today despite some missed layups.

In the tournament opener versus Anderson County they shot 45.5% and then 46.1% versus Manual. In the 45-38 loss to Anderson County they closed to within 3 points twice near the end of the game. Junior Sarah Futscher led Brossart with 14 points while junior Abby Stadtmiller chipped in 10. Anderson County's senior center Kali Whiteside netted 16 for the Lady Bearcats.

Senior guard Rachel Hartig ramped it up in the second game scoring 14 points while Futscher again was the Lady 'Stangs top scorer with 17 and 8 rebounds. Hartig also had 3 steals. Morgan Verst chimed in with 10 and Madison Eisenman had 6.

The Lady 'Stangs now play the winner of the George Rogers Clark/Richmond Indiana game at 4:45 Friday.

When you play two of the state's top teams in one afternoon one out two ain't bad!:thumb:

The Tenth Region is wide open if Montgomery County can be beaten on a given night. Brossart is experienced but you still have to know they are young with only one senior who gets significant playing time and some of their bench are freshmen. They should just get better playing the tough schedule they are playing. Highlands has a chance to win the 9th this year. They beat Boone yesterday by 6 so both the 9th and 10th are more open than in past years.

I could have sworn someone told me Manual could beat boys teams in NKY.

Brossart girls must be REALLY good.

Good things are coming from Brossart this season, no doubt about it. I'm not certain, but I believe the Lady Crimsons may not have their full roster of players for this tournament - for this game and possibly the others. If anyone out there can confirm this, please chime in.

Just answering the previous posters question!! Sensitive much????

Ladyhawk, welcome to the premier girls' b-ball website in Kentucky. But if you're a Louisville/Jefferson Co. girls' b-ball enthusiast looking for love and appreciation for 6th and 7th region teams on the BGP, sorry about your luck. My many years have taught me that there is Louisville, and then there is the rest of the state. This is evident almost every year in Diddle.