December 25, 201213 yr Does pointing out the obvious in a discussion about something totally different make you feel good about yourself??? Sorry I didn't consult you before posting. Get over yourself. If you didn't like it, ignore it and move on. Someone said it was a strange rule. I disagreed and posted why....seems like a normal thing to do on a pro sports discussion forum.
December 25, 201213 yr Sorry I didn't consult you before posting. Get over yourself. If you didn't like it, ignore it and move on. Someone said it was a strange rule. I disagreed and posted why....seems like a normal thing to do on a pro sports discussion forum. You are talking about a different rule. Get over myself? Try a mirror... :thumb:
December 25, 201213 yr You're talking two different things. It sounds like you're now talking about the rule regarding kicking a ball out of bounds. We agree as to the intent of that. However, it seemed like you were saying that this particular type of play (one foot OOB when catching the ball) was put in place to stop a team from pinning a team deep. That's not the case. It's a definition of what is considered OOB coming into play and then being applied to the rule. I was talking about kicking the ball out of bounds on a kick off, which is what I thought the kicking team was penalized for on this play. As for the rule regarding touching the ball while OOB. It doesn't seem all that strange to me either. It's no different than a fumble. Nonetheless, heads up play by Cobb.
December 25, 201213 yr You are talking about a different rule. Get over myself? Try a mirror... :thumb: Yeah, I'm the one who came in a thread to do nothing more than insult someone.
December 25, 201213 yr Yeah, I'm the one who came in a thread to do nothing more than insult someone. You were the one that came to the thread with a flippant point about something that wasn't being discussed. You got called on it, and got mad a ME??? :lol:
December 25, 201213 yr As for the rule regarding touching the ball while OOB. It doesn't seem all that strange to me either. It's no different than a fumble. Nonetheless, heads up play by Cobb. Can you name one time you saw a player step OOB on purpose before recovering a fumble? At any level? Ever??? :idunno:
December 25, 201213 yr You were the one that came to the thread with a flippant point about something that wasn't being discussed. You got called on it, and got mad a ME??? :lol: If you think your post made me mad you are a little too confident in your abilities.
December 25, 201213 yr If you think your post made me mad you are a little too confident in your abilities. Sorry I didn't consult you before posting. Get over yourself. If you didn't like it, ignore it and move on. Someone said it was a strange rule. I disagreed and posted why....seems like a normal thing to do on a pro sports discussion forum.
December 25, 201213 yr Can you name one time you saw a player step OOB on purpose before recovering a fumble? At any level? Ever??? :idunno: If a player touches the ball after a fumble, and that player is out of bounds...the ball is immediately considered out of bounds. That's what I meant by the rule being no different than on a fumble.
December 25, 201213 yr If a player touches the ball after a fumble, and that player is out of bounds...the ball is immediately considered out of bounds. That's what I meant by the rule being no different than on a fumble. And you are again totally off base on the topic at hand. You are quickly approaching Good Job, Good Effort territory... :lol:
December 25, 201213 yr And you are again totally off base on the topic at hand. You are quickly approaching Good Job, Good Effort territory... :lol: Okay. The NFL’s rule regarding that play is the same as on a fumble: If any part of a player’s body is out of bounds when he makes contact with the football, the ball is considered out of bounds as well. What I said has so little to do with the topic at hand, that it was included in the article at the beginning of the thread.
December 25, 201213 yr Great play by Cobb. When I see a play like that, true professional is the thought that comes to mind. Agree!!!!
December 26, 201213 yr It's not really all that strange of a rule. It is in place to prevent teams from getting pinned deep on the kickoff. Still a smart play. If a defender recovers a fumble and his foot is OOB he does not gain possession. In this case the kicking team is penalized for not kicking the ball OOB? That is strange but apparently Cobb took full advantage of the rule.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.