Ballard 42 Eastern 21

CoachJ

I feel kinda weird posting our game result, but Gold Sunrise asked me if I'd be our 'team rep' to post reports about Ballard if nothing else was already posted.

We played on Thursday because JCPS schools are out on Friday.

Here's the story from the Courier-Journal: http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20121004/SPORTS05/310040105/1031/sports/Quarterback-Tyler-Owen-leads-Ballard-past-Eastern-42-21?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Sports|p

Eastern is a VERY explosive team. Fortunate for us, we finally put together 4 full quarters offensively and we were able to keep the ball away from their potent offense in the 2nd half.

Didn't see another thread on this one. If a duplicate sorry.

Kind of surprised at the result. Ballard may well have established themselves as the best team on that side of the playoff bracket and could earn a spot in Bowling Green in December.

Hopefully there will be a bunch of clover there waiting for them.

On a side note how many former Trinity players played in this game? I count at least 4. Funny how they can leave Trinity and be eligible immediately isn't it?

EDIT: Just saw the other thread, can a mod combine them?

Didn't see another thread on this one. If a duplicate sorry.

Kind of surprised at the result. Ballard may well have established themselves as the best team on that side of the playoff bracket and could earn a spot in Bowling Green in December.

Hopefully there will be a bunch of clover there waiting for them.

On a side note how many former Trinity players played in this game? I count at least 4. Funny how they can leave Trinity and be eligible immediately isn't it?

is this varsity?

I guess Eastern was a little overrated and Ballard a little underrated.. More than anything, outside of Trinity and maybe X, there's alot of parity in Louisville 6a, this year. PRP seems to be overrated in alot of folks minds, but, just based on results I've seen, common opponent comparison, etc, I think they're probably the 3rd best team in Louisville 6a..

I can't speak for the kids at Eastern who transferred from Trinity, but the two on our team had not played varsity the year prior. So immediately granting eligibility was not an issue.