Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands new Softball coach

Featured Replies

From what I have been told, and it will not be offical till Monday, but Rob Coffey is the new head coach at Highlands. Rob is a 1986 Highlands grad and was a multi-sport star during his high school days. Rob's daughter, Haley, is freshman this year and has been a starter for 2 seasons. He also was a heck of a good slow-pitch player back in the day. Hopefully Milt will stay on because he was such a good assest to the program.

 

Congrats to Rob. :dancingpa

Awesome to hear.. Rob is a great guy and will do an excellent job. Congrats Rob!!!! :ylsuper:

  • Author

batter2.jpg

 

Coach Coffey from back in the day. The Dawgs ALWAYS had Butlers number. :lol:

From what I have been told, and it will not be offical till Monday, but Rob Coffey is the new head coach at Highlands. Rob is a 1986 Highlands grad and was a multi-sport star during his high school days. Rob's daughter, Haley, is freshman this year and has been a starter for 2 seasons. He also was a heck of a good slow-pitch player back in the day. Hopefully Milt will stay on because he was such a good assest to the program.

 

Congrats to Rob. :dancingpa

 

Why would Milt stay on? He has been with the program for the last 13 years with out pay for 12 of those years. I wish Rob best of luck. Coaching and playing are two different things. Now again I don't have a girl in the fight anymore and again I like Rob think he is nice guy but what high school caching does he have?

Does he know the amount of work that Milt and I spent on getting that football field ready to play softball on?

Why would Milt stay on? He has been with the program for the last 13 years with out pay for 12 of those years. I wish Rob best of luck. Coaching and playing are two different things. Now again I don't have a girl in the fight anymore and again I like Rob think he is nice guy but what high school caching does he have?

Does he know the amount of work that Milt and I spent on getting that football field ready to play softball on?

 

Same amount of high school coaching ad the new NDA coach had.

  • Author
Why would Milt stay on? He has been with the program for the last 13 years with out pay for 12 of those years. I wish Rob best of luck. Coaching and playing are two different things. Now again I don't have a girl in the fight anymore and again I like Rob think he is nice guy but what high school caching does he have?

Does he know the amount of work that Milt and I spent on getting that football field ready to play softball on?

 

I can only assume it would be a "tough pill to swallow" for Milt to stay and not be the varsity head coach. He as every right to feel upset, but that's the way it goes sometimes. Like I said before, he is a "huge asset" to the program and it would be a shame not to see him involved with the program he has help to build.

I can only assume it would be a "tough pill to swallow" for Milt to stay and not be the varsity head coach. He as every right to feel upset,

 

 

Why would he have the right to feel upset?

  • Author
Why would he have the right to feel upset?

 

I would think that put 13 years into building the program and was considered the front runner to taking over for his daughter would be a "tad" upset at not getting the gig. JMO.

I would think that put 13 years into building the program and was considered the front runner to taking over for his daughter would be a "tad" upset at not getting the gig. JMO.

 

Don't know the guy. I'm sure he's a loyal and dedicated Bird. However, that doesn't mean you're the next head coach.

 

I'll trust Dale and the committee made a wise decision.

  • Author
Don't know the guy. I'm sure he's a loyal and dedicated Bird. However, that doesn't mean you're the next head coach.

 

I'll trust Dale and the committee made a wise decision.

 

Agree 100%, however he was considered the front runner for the job so that's why I said what I did, that's all.

 

Dale "is" the committee. :lol:

Agree 100%, however he was considered the front runner for the job so that's why I said what I did, that's all.

 

Dale "is" the committee. :lol:

 

There was a committee AD,principle and for some reason the baseball coach. Who has a daughter on the team.

 

Milt was the one who worked the girls all summer had them in the summer league.

Again I wish Rob the best of luck and hope he is ready to do what is needed for the girls. Milt was not the yes guy they wanted and the pushing he was doing for a fair paying field for the girls did him in. JMO.

Edited by Randy Parker
Rule 2

Congrats Rob best of luck with the LadyBirds.

Darn auto spell. Trying to work on my spilling.:sssh:

  • Author
Darn auto spell. Trying to work on my spilling.:sssh:

 

FAIL!!!

Congratulations to Rob! He's a great guy and I'm sure will do an awesome job as head coach. Don't take it out on Rob or Lawnboy if your guy wasn't picked. That happens sometimes but remember, it's not about Rob or that guy; it's all about the girls. I don't know the details but I'm confident Rob will do well. Go Birds!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.