Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Which region is tougher 9th or 10th??

Featured Replies

Campbell, Clark and Harrison? Pendelton and Mason and Brossart right behind are all good teams. But 9th has more depth.

Campbell, Clark and Harrison? Pendelton and Mason and Brossart right behind are all good teams. But 9th has more depth.

 

On the average I would agree, but this year I think its PC, MC and BB vs. Holmes, Cov Cath, and Holy Cross. The rest you can throw in a hat and toss around. I give the 10th the nod the past 2 seasons though.

Hihglands is a better team than HC. So it might be now PC MC and BB vs. CCH Holmes and HHS.

Hihglands is a better team than HC. So it might be now PC MC and BB vs. CCH Holmes and HHS.

 

I agree. Highlands slip past me.

Close at the top with PC being the best but I think the 10th is a bit better top to bottom this season.

The 10th's top team (PC) is better than anything the 9th has to offer on most nights - their #2 team (Is it Mason Co.?) is probably as good or better than what the 9th has to offer; however, from there on out I think it's pretty equal, and the 9th has more quality teams.

 

Typically I think it's fairly close.

 

In 2003, Mason Co. won state. Their closest game was in the 1st round of the Sweet 16, against 9th region team St. Henry. Had St. Henry not lost big man Michael Schmidt, some think the Crusaders would have knocked off the eventual state champions.

 

In 2004, Mason went to the state finals and lost to Warren Central, who beat 9th region champs Covington Catholic in the semi-finals. WC beat CCH by 4, and then proceeded to handle the Royals for the most part. CCH went undefeated in the 9th, but did lose to 10th region Brossart, who I think was upset in districts that year?

 

This year, PC handled #1 ranked Holmes early in the season. I'd give the edge to the 10th this year, but in most years it's very close.

On the average I would agree, but this year I think its PC, MC and BB vs. Holmes, Cov Cath, and Holy Cross. The rest you can throw in a hat and toss around. I give the 10th the nod the past 2 seasons though.

HC is not a top 3 team in the region right now. They beat Bishop Brossart though.

The 10th's top team (PC) is better than anything the 9th has to offer on most nights - their #2 team (Is it Mason Co.?) is probably as good or better than what the 9th has to offer; however, from there on out I think it's pretty equal, and the 9th has more quality teams.

 

Typically I think it's fairly close.

 

In 2003, Mason Co. won state. Their closest game was in the 1st round of the Sweet 16, against 9th region team St. Henry. Had St. Henry not lost big man Michael Schmidt, some think the Crusaders would have knocked off the eventual state champions.

 

In 2004, Mason went to the state finals and lost to Warren Central, who beat 9th region champs Covington Catholic in the semi-finals. WC beat CCH by 4, and then proceeded to handle the Royals for the most part. CCH went undefeated in the 9th, but did lose to 10th region Brossart, who I think was upset in districts that year?

 

This year, PC handled #1 ranked Holmes early in the season. I'd give the edge to the 10th this year, but in most years it's very close.

 

After Brossart who is there? Brossart has already lost to 9th region Holy Cross. Some people don't even think Holy Cross is top 5 in the 9th. Outside of the top 3, I don't think there is a team in the 10th who can beat any of the top 7 or 8 9th region schools.

After Brossart who is there? Brossart has already lost to 9th region Holy Cross. Some people don't even think Holy Cross is top 5 in the 9th. Outside of the top 3, I don't think there is a team in the 10th who can beat any of the top 7 or 8 9th region schools.

Brossart is much improved since the HC game and GRC, Bourbon,Scott and Campbell could play with the top 7 or 8 teams.

I failed to mention Scott and Bourbon in my previous post. Only adds to my arguement that the 10th is better, and deeper this year. May have been last year also, I hope it's not becoming a trend.

:thumb: Now I can agree with this post. Might mean you want to re-think your position. ;)

 

Nah, we can agree to disagree on one subject, but agree on another. :thumb:

I failed to mention Scott and Bourbon in my previous post. Only adds to my arguement that the 10th is better, and deeper this year. May have been last year also, I hope it's not becoming a trend.

I forgot about Scott, so 4 teams.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.