Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Steelers business practices

Featured Replies

Brown had 2 receiving TD's last year is that correct?

 

And 1100 yards.

8.4 million dollar payday per year, I think Brown did very well.

The price for wide receivers keeps going up.

 

Larry Fitzgerald got 8 years for up to $120 million

Megatron got 8 years up to $132 million

Vincent Jackson just got 5 years $55 million

 

Antonio Brown, who has had one good season got 5 years $42 million.

 

I just read an article that says Wallace wants a deal similar to Jacksons. I'm curious to see what guys like Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz get.

 

I think we are getting a preview of what their contracts will have to look like to keep both. $110 million to $120 million over five years will probably be what it takes at this rate.

[/b]

 

I think we are getting a preview of what their contracts will have to look like to keep both. $110 million to $120 million over five years will probably be what it takes at this rate.

 

Unless the cap goes up significantly how the heck can the Giants afford to give two WR's that kind of money?

 

Eli already signed a huge deal, and in a year or two they're gonna have to start thinking about paying JPP.

Unless the cap goes up significantly how the heck can the Giants afford to give two WR's that kind of money?

 

Eli already signed a huge deal, and in a year or two they're gonna have to start thinking about paying JPP.

 

The short answer is, they won't. They have to pay JPP.

The short answer is, they won't. They have to pay JPP.

 

Well they don't have much on offense beyond Cruz and Nicks so they will have to do their best to keep both of them as well.

 

Cruz is a free agent next year. Nicks the year after, and JPP in 3 years.

  • Author

I imagine that if Wallace doesn't report this week the Steelers will allow discussions between his agent and other teams that might be interested in a trade. I understand the guy's interest in getting paid, but I think he's really choked himself out of a decent payday this season and possibly next with his method. It's been reported his agent had advised him to sign the deal before camp and Wallace nixed it. World class speed does not equate to world class business sense. Not sure why he even hired an agent at that rate.

I imagine that if Wallace doesn't report this week the Steelers will allow discussions between his agent and other teams that might be interested in a trade. I understand the guy's interest in getting paid, but I think he's really choked himself out of a decent payday this season and possibly next with his method. It's been reported his agent had advised him to sign the deal before camp and Wallace nixed it. World class speed does not equate to world class business sense. Not sure why he even hired an agent at that rate.

 

If they offered him a deal similar to what they gave Brown that's about $13 million off of what he's wanting isn't it?

 

If I were the Steelers I'd at least entertain the idea of trading him.

  • Author
If they offered him a deal similar to what they gave Brown that's about $13 million off of what he's wanting isn't it?

 

If I were the Steelers I'd at least entertain the idea of trading him.

Well, he's obviously got a number in mind. However, if he doesn't want to sign the tender the Steelers offered, then I would have to think that the offer the Steelers gave him would be as steep as anyone else would go. Maybe not, but it's possible that someone get him on the cheap. Dolphins maybe?

Well, he's obviously got a number in mind. However, if he doesn't want to sign the tender the Steelers offered, then I would have to think that the offer the Steelers gave him would be as steep as anyone else would go. Maybe not, but it's possible that someone get him on the cheap. Dolphins maybe?

 

The Dolphins could probably use a wide receiver.

  • Author
The Dolphins could probably use a wide receiver.

 

They're working out Braylon Edwards, so you'd think they'd be interested if they can afford him.

I have had mixed emothions on this topic. At first Brown,s contract is an extension through 2017, which makes it a 6 year deal instead of a 5. Cutting it from a 8.4 per year to around 7. Once I figured that out I felt better. Now Wallace is being a baby right now and needs to sign the one year tender and get into camp. The Steelers will reopen discussions when he does and maybe they can workout a longterm deal. They have came out and said that Wallace is not on the trading block (yesterday) and not allowed teams to contact Wallace. I stand by the Steelers policies, but hope they sign Wallace to a longterm deal...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.