Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NBPA Top 100 Camp

Featured Replies

It hasn't been an eventful camp overall as most of the top 2013 guys aren't here and intensity has been lacking for the most part across the board. Most of the focus here has been on 2014, and the two KY kids here have played well while several I expect to be heavy UK targets in 2014 have been good as well.

 

Quentin Snider and D'Angelo Russell have been two of the most consistent guards here over the first two days with Snider averaging 8.8 points and 1.5 assists while Russell is at 10.5 and 2.8 through 4 games for each. In the games I have watched both have been very solid across the board.

 

I have also liked what I have seen from 2013 UL commit Anton Gill as he has shown the ability to score consistently from 15 feet in and has knocked down the occasional 3. I have talked to some guys that cover things in the North Carolina area and they are still a bit miffed he didn't wait for Duke/UNC/NC State to come harder before making the commit to the Cards.

 

With UK most of the 2013 attention is on the Harrison twins, but I think the most interesting stuff has been getting dialed in on some of the guys establishing themselves as key guys for 2014. Obviously for Cal that starts out top and it sounds like Emanuel Mudiay is establishing himself as the top guy at this point on their board. He hasn't been spectacular, but it is easy to see why he is considered a top 10 guy in the class and one of the top 2 PGs with Tyus Jones. I think Mudiay fits the bill for the Cats much more than Jones as he is much longer and more athletic while Jones is more of a controlled floor general. I really think it will be interesting to see if UK pushes for Jones down the road or sticks with the upside of Muiday.

 

Obviously Wiggins will be the top 2014 guy, but he isn't here so that one can slide for now.

 

Others I am hearing will get serious attention are Noeh Vonleh, Cliff Alexander, LeRon Black and after what I have seen this week I have to imagine Kavon Looney will find his way into the mix. Another name I have heard mentioning UK is wing shooter Jalen Lindsey, who could be a very valuable guy to stretch the defense with the crazy athleticism of the other guys here.

 

Honestly I couldn't imagine a front court with Wiggins and either Vonleh or Black playing the 3/4 and Alexander at the 5. Those guys would just flat pound opponents into submission. Put Muiday at the 1 and a shooter like Lindsey at the 2 and look out...

Edited by gametime

Isn't Lindsey on UC's radar?

 

Very nice information GT! Thanks a bunch for providing it! :thumb:

  • Author
Isn't Lindsey on UC's radar?

 

Very nice information GT! Thanks a bunch for providing it! :thumb:

 

UC just got involved with Lindsey over the last few days, so things there are very new. Don't get the feeling UK is all that serious with him yet, but they are involved.

 

No problem. Beats having to talk to Maggard for 10 minutes in this hotel room... :lol:

No problem. Beats having to talk to Maggard for 10 minutes in this hotel room... :lol:

 

:lol::laugh:

No problem. Beats having to talk to Maggard for 10 minutes in this hotel room... :lol:

 

 

:lol:

 

 

 

C'mon G you know thats your boy. :D

I read good things about Dirk Minniefield's son.

  • Author
I read good things about Dirk Minniefield's son.

He is not very good at all. Maybe low major...

He is not very good at all. Maybe low major...

 

I'm having trouble reconciling "not very good" and "low Major" D1.

  • Author
:lol:

 

 

 

C'mon G you know thats your boy. :D

Going to be a long drive home... :lol:

  • Author
I'm having trouble reconciling "not very good" and "low Major" D1.

 

In this setting a low major ceiling is not very good. Just watched him get dominated by an average PG. He was over matched all week..

In this setting a low major ceiling is not very good. Just watched him get dominated by an average PG. He was over matched all week..

 

 

OK. Just wanted to make sure it was a "relative" measure. If he's in line to get a D1 scholly he has to be better than most.

Going to be a long drive home... :lol:

 

I don't know him personally like you but Maggard seems like the type of guy that would be alright depending on the situation. He knows what he's doing and he know's whats up, but his arrogance is what spoils it for him.

Cliff Alexander said that UK is his "dream school."

Question GT,

 

From what you've seen, could you see a backcourt pairing of Mudiay and D'Angelo Russell? Right now I've been in the mindset that I would really like to see Kentucky land Russell, maybe because he's a Kentucky kid, and mainly because I'd like to see another top Louisville kid spurn Pitino for UK (thank you Sebastian Telfair). Every time I've seen De'Angelo play I've been pretty impressed. Super quick and seems to have a good feel for the game for someone his age. Not real big, but doesn't let that keep him from scoring the ball. I was anxious to see what kind of impact he could make, or what kind of player he would be under Boyle at Montverde, and from the couple games I got to watch he was able to showcase his skill even though he was playing alongside the likes of Kasey Hill and other talented guards. Since both are smaller type guards could you see them playing together or would it not really be the best idea for them to share a backcourt? I realize they still have a few years of growth likely left, but as of right now both are little smaller than your typical Calipari guard.

  • Author

At this point I think they could play together at a pretty high level, but it wouldn't be ideal for what Cal likes to do at the 1 and 2 in terms of size and athleticism. Both are heady guards that know how to play, but neither are going to be the type that is a major force going to the rim along side each other. I don't see it as an ideal fit, but one that would win a lot of games together either way...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.