Montgomery County or Williamstown?

What's Hardin's background as a coach?

Not much, this is what I could find:

Harden was a UK assistant under Eddie Sutton in the late 1980s. He coached Indiana AAU teams in the 1990s.

Harden said in recent years he has done some youth and middle school AAU coaching and "countless individual instruction" with young players.

Read more here: Former UK standout Roger Harden to coach Williamstown High | High school basketball | Kentucky.com

Disagree with you on the bigger name hire. What has Harden done that you would say he is a bigger name hire?

I don't mean bigger name in coaching. I just mean bigger name in the same sense as if Williamstown had hired Ramel Bradley. He's a big name because he was a standout at UK, but has no coaching experience at the high school level.

Not much, this is what I could find:

Harden was a UK assistant under Eddie Sutton in the late 1980s. He coached Indiana AAU teams in the 1990s.

Harden said in recent years he has done some youth and middle school AAU coaching and "countless individual instruction" with young players.

Read more here: Former UK standout Roger Harden to coach Williamstown High | High school basketball | Kentucky.com

Thanks for the help.

I know people aren't beating down the doors to go coach at Williamstown, but I have to think they could have gotten someone with a little more experience than this.

Disagree with you on the bigger name hire. What has Harden done that you would say he is a bigger name hire?

I think if you consider school size, its obvious Williamstown got the bigger name hire.

I think since the topic is related to coaching, it is clear that Montgomery got the better hire. Happy is a proven leader and winner. I think he is the fastest coach to reach 100 wins AT ANY LEVEL along with many other coaching accolades. We will just have to wait and see how this translates to high school basketball. Harden may get to that point one day, but as for today, Montgomery got the better deal.