Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Montgomery County or Williamstown?

Featured Replies

Im going with Williamstown. Academically an awesome school, sports wise not so much, so they got a good hire in my eyes.

What's Hardin's background as a coach?

What's Hardin's background as a coach?

 

Not much, this is what I could find:

 

Harden was a UK assistant under Eddie Sutton in the late 1980s. He coached Indiana AAU teams in the 1990s.

 

Harden said in recent years he has done some youth and middle school AAU coaching and "countless individual instruction" with young players.

 

Read more here: Former UK standout Roger Harden to coach Williamstown High | High school basketball | Kentucky.com

Williamstown got a bigger name hire. Coaching experience obviously goes to Happy.

Williamstown got a bigger name hire. Coaching experience obviously goes to Happy.

 

Disagree with you on the bigger name hire. What has Harden done that you would say he is a bigger name hire?

Disagree with you on the bigger name hire. What has Harden done that you would say he is a bigger name hire?

 

I don't mean bigger name in coaching. I just mean bigger name in the same sense as if Williamstown had hired Ramel Bradley. He's a big name because he was a standout at UK, but has no coaching experience at the high school level.

Not much, this is what I could find:

 

Harden was a UK assistant under Eddie Sutton in the late 1980s. He coached Indiana AAU teams in the 1990s.

 

Harden said in recent years he has done some youth and middle school AAU coaching and "countless individual instruction" with young players.

 

Read more here: Former UK standout Roger Harden to coach Williamstown High | High school basketball | Kentucky.com

 

Thanks for the help.

 

I know people aren't beating down the doors to go coach at Williamstown, but I have to think they could have gotten someone with a little more experience than this.

Disagree with you on the bigger name hire. What has Harden done that you would say he is a bigger name hire?

 

 

I think if you consider school size, its obvious Williamstown got the bigger name hire.

If your a UK fan, of course, Williamstown wins. If you go on coaching experience, Montgomery Co. wins.

My aging memory tells me the last time I heard about Roger was in regards to suing the KHSAA or something along those lines about his son's eligibility in Lexington.

 

Am I close to being correct?

 

 

And then you have this.

I think since the topic is related to coaching, it is clear that Montgomery got the better hire. Happy is a proven leader and winner. I think he is the fastest coach to reach 100 wins AT ANY LEVEL along with many other coaching accolades. We will just have to wait and see how this translates to high school basketball. Harden may get to that point one day, but as for today, Montgomery got the better deal.

Which school had the biggest hire of the day?

 

Happy goes about 250 lbs

 

Hardin goes about 215 lbs

 

Montgomery County got the bigger hire! :)

Without a doubt, Montgomery got the best out of their hire. If Happy stays for a while, he will do great things.

Without a doubt, Montgomery got the best out of their hire. If Happy stays for a while, he will do great things.

Question is , how long will he stay?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.