Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds at Cubs Series 4/20 - 4/22

Featured Replies

So by your logic you have him in RF right?

 

Not hardly.

  • Replies 209
  • Views 15.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not hardly.

 

 

Then why were you complaining about Dusty having Ludwick in LF yesterday?

Why wouldn't he just bring in Chapman first?

 

He won't bring him in for the 7th inning. He's an 8th inning guy.

He won't bring him in for the 7th inning. He's an 8th inning guy.

 

He got the last guy in the 7th out.

1st walk of the year for Chappy.

 

 

Followed by the 2nd.

Your response in blue. My reply in red.

 

 

 

Originally Posted by Voice of Reason

Sorry. I should have been more clear. I was trying to roll two posts by you into one.

 

1. Replacing who was referring to your post about getting Chapman into the rotation. I was asking who you thought he should replace.

 

Prior to Bailey's last outing I would have told you Bailey no question, but he looked pretty good the other day. After yesterday's outing I have to question whether Leake might be the odd man out of the rotation. So far this year he has been very hittable with his 22 hits allowed over 18 innings with 5 BBs thrown in and his 6.50 era.

 

I believe the Reds plan to get Chapman in the rotation at some point in time. If one of the starters gets injured, then we see Chapman. If there is no injury, I think they will watch Leake and Bailey then make a decision in June about which of the two they should replace with Chapman. If those two are pitching well, they will stay as is. I tend to think Leake is better suited for the bullpen than Bailey so I would lean towards Leake eventually being the odd man out. I don't believe Bailey has options left but Leake probably does, so the reds could also send Leake to Louisville to keep him in starter mode if they want to do that. If Chapman were starting, the Reds would have an innings cap of 160 on him this year, which would probably make June or so the time to move him into the rotation.

 

2. My second comment was in reference to your post about what does Dusty do to get Rolen hitting because you can't bat everyone in front of Votto.

 

 

This is a tough one imo. In all honesty I think that grampy Rolen may just be done. His numbers over the last 80 games are pretty sad; 80 games 69 for 300 with only 5 HRs and .230 average. I think maybe it's time to make Frazier the regular and let Rolen play a couple of days a week but how do you do that? I know there are some managers that would but not Dusty. I think Dusty lives with it and maybe deep down hopes that Rolen, sad as it is to say, would have to go on the DL which would cause the Reds to maybe make a move.

 

Nothing the Reds and Dusty can do but wait and watch. Rolen will decide this by his play on the field. Nothing the reds can do to help him. Either he can still play or he can't. The tough thing is how long do you go. No move will be made before June IMO, regardless of how poorly Rolen is hitting.

 

Those posts by you led me to want to hear what you thought the pitching lineup and batting order should look like.

 

What do you think?

 

I agree with you on all counts. If Chapman is to have his innings limited which I'm sure he will if he starts then I'd rather they do it on the front end than have them shut him down when he might be able to really help them in September.

He got the last guy in the 7th out.

 

Then should have brought him in to pitch to the lefty that Big "O" walked. Wasn't he ready yet?

Then should have brought him in to pitch to the lefty that Big "O" walked. Wasn't he ready yet?

 

I'm not saying he should have but if he was bringing him in anyway for the next guy I would have just rolled with him for both.

Then why were you complaining about Dusty having Ludwick in LF yesterday?

 

My complaint was that Ludwick looked lost out there on that one play off the wall and with the number of games he has played in RF versus LF didn't look as comfortable. My whole premise was that if he has played more in RF and Heisey more in LF wouldn't it make sense to play them where their more comfortable? That's all.

I agree with you on all counts. If Chapman is to have his innings limited which I'm sure he will if he starts then I'd rather they do it on the front end than have them shut him down when he might be able to really help them in September.

 

I'd like to think that is the plan. I hope at least.

Rolen was late on the 87 MPH pitch. Going to be a long year with him.

Grampy Rolen looks terrible at the plate. He probably hates the colder weather with all his back problems.

All those men left on base could come back to haunt the Reds today.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.