16th Region- 2012-2013

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Teams: Fleming Co., Russell, Boyd Co., Rowan Co., East Carter, Ashland, West Carter, Lewis County, Raceland

Top Players: Darion Burns, Kyle Skaggs, Kyle Brown, Troy Steward, Kyle Stewart,Tyler Thacker, Logan Salow, Drew Swartz, Austin Hunt, Porter- Russell, Brett Ruckel, Zach Hart, Turner- Fairview

Russell in top 3? I read on here program was goimg in wrong direction. You guys must be mistaken in your predictions.

Russell has the talent to win the 16th region next year, as a matter of fact they should with the talent they have. The coaching is what is holding them back. Russell finished 18-14 last year. That is very disappointing given the talent they have, especially considering 10 of those wins came against the bottom 7 teams in the region. Russell was 4-9 against teams with winning records. Do you consider that going in the right direction?

Russell has Kyle Skaggs who has started varsity basketball since the 7th grade. He's on pace to be their all-time leading scorer. He was one of the leading scorers in the state last year. Jacob Porter has played significant minutes for 2 full seasons and is a terrific shooter from 3pt range and very good in the open court. Googie Hayes will run the point and has started for 2 years and is very strong with the ball and handles ball pressure very well and is solid in transition. Russell comes off a season of 18 wins with a big win over Ashland and returns the most experience in the region. They'll have to overcome the graduation of their 2 big kids Bailey and Dehoff, but have 6'5" transfer Lance Evans to help in the post, but clearly the favorite with Fleming right behind.

Lots of debates about the players that left that team on this site and I don't want to stir it back up. No problem with debating. I agree with Spindoc, they will be fine next year. Regardless of your opinion of that staff, nobody has their team more ready than them.

Lots of debates about the players that left that team on this site and I don't want to stir it back up. No problem with debating. I agree with Spindoc, they will be fine next year. Regardless of your opinion of that staff, nobody has their team more ready than them.

I'm sorry, but I don't think you could be more wrong. I think it's obvious there were many times last year when Russell clearly had better talent than their opponent, yet somehow they lost. Those teams were obviously more ready, or better prepared than Russell was.

I'm sorry, but I don't think you could be more wrong. I think it's obvious there were many times last year when Russell clearly had better talent than their opponent, yet somehow they lost. Those teams were obviously more ready, or better prepared than Russell was.

Russell had to deal with the transfer of one of their top players, and an injury to their top player last year. Russell has been playing with an extremely young team the previous years. Kidwell has proved over the years ( including his stint as a girls coach) that he is one of the top coaches in the region. I agree with the others that Russell will be one of the top teams this year.

Ask any of his former players or members of his coaching staff how good his scouting reports are? Many other coaches call him to get info on other teams.