Notre Dame vs. Bishop Brossart

Shamrock

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Pete Knoll passed away at least 3 different schools honored him. He was a huge supporter of girls softball in the area.

Did he coach? Umpire? Was he affiliated with a particular school?

I'm not familiar with him but 3 schools honoring him says a lot.

Did he coach? Umpire? Was he affiliated with a particular school?

I'm not familiar with him but 3 schools honoring him says a lot.

I'm not sure if he ever coached, but mostly he would show up and follow teams, whether it be his neices team, friends team or whatever. Once he followed a team he would travel to see them play every game, It didnt matter which high school it happened to be. Great guy! His sister Patty was a great softballer in her day.

I haven't seen ND play but they always have great athletes no matter what sport. I'm going with Brossart in this one though; they seem to be on fire lately.

May be, but that is because of the competition they have played so far. No disrespect though because they have played games they have to play. Notre Dame will be their most competitive game so far this year IMO. I am going with Brossart too but only because I think they have a better defensive team and they can hit pretty well. Unfortunately my prediction for today though is rain. Good luck to both teams if they get to play.

Pete Noll was a great man. He supported alot of different High Schools. Mainly Notre Dame, Holy Cross, Cov Cath because of family members playing there. He was a real close friend of the new head coach at BBHS. He followed both of Tom's daughters since grade school in 3 sports and he continued to follow them when they went to BBHS. So I'm thinking thats where this came from. Everyone Called him UNCLE PETE and he enjoyed the company of the players. He did not have any kids of his own or was never married so supporting these young athletes from different schools was something he enjoyed to do.

Pete Noll was a great man. He supported alot of different High Schools. Mainly Notre Dame, Holy Cross, Cov Cath because of family members playing there. He was a real close friend of the new head coach at BBHS. He followed both of Tom's daughters since grade school in 3 sports and he continued to follow them when they went to BBHS. So I'm thinking thats where this came from. Everyone Called him UNCLE PETE and he enjoyed the company of the players. He did not have any kids of his own or was never married so supporting these young athletes from different schools was something he enjoyed to do.

Thanks, Dawg.

Well, I guess nobody is with me on my lady bears winning. Thats ok, I think we will win tonight, we have a very good team. We had cooper beat, and had 1 horrible inning. We should be 2 and 0, oh well, GO PANDAS!!

You could be right. However, NDA needs to actually beat good teams before anyone picks them. They didn't last year and that impacts people's opinion about this year's team.

I hope NDA wins.

Any predictions on my Pandas against the green machine today?

Is there any way both teams could lose! Kidding good luck to both teams, I have no clue who wins but I will take Brossart