Ryle 2012

ABC2

If you know something, then please do tell. My info came from a Ryle players parent, not going any further than that. I'm only posting what I was told.

Unlike others that post, I don't use this forum to air laundry. I am a Ryle parent & I can tell you that's not exactly how things occurred, not going any further than that & I am posting what I know, not what I was told.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unlike others that post, I don't use this forum to air laundry. I am a Ryle parent & I can tell you that's not exactly how things occurred, not going any further than that & I am posting what I know, not what I was told.

I was told this weeks ago and thought about starting a thread about it, but decided not to. However when this thread was opened I decided to tell what I was told. I would sure like to know what is incorrect with what I stated. Also if you know the real reason why Bella's not playing WE ALL would like to know. I think it's a shame the young lady is not playing, far too good to be sitting out.

I was told this weeks ago and thought about starting a thread about it, but decided not to. However when this thread was opened I decided to tell what I was told. I would sure like to know what is incorrect with what I stated. Also if you know the real reason why Bella's not playing WE ALL would like to know. I think it's a shame the young lady is not playing, far too good to be sitting out.

I also heard there was another player last week that left the team who didn't like what Patti had to say so called her a few names and was asked to leave. Now is that wrong as well. Patti and Steve do a great job and good for them for not having parents and kids tell them where they are going to play. Bella could have been great.

No argument from me that Bella is far too good to be sitting out, but we aren't the ones involved in their family decisions are we? Let's just say there's a culmination of reasons that their family decided she wasn't playing & that doesn't need to be told to anyone. I can tell you that it wasn't Patti's decision she didn't play. Was never put into her hands to decide. So, like I said before just post what you know. Certainly don't want people believing partial truths. It's how rumors start & next thing you know full blown bull&%it is spewing. This time what you knew was off a bit, so I felt it needed corrected.

I also heard there was another player last week that left the team who didn't like what Patti had to say so called her a few names and was asked to leave. Now is that wrong as well. Patti and Steve do a great job and good for them for not having parents and kids tell them where they are going to play. Bella could have been great.

Don't worry about Bella, she will be great...whether it includes softball or not!

No argument from me that Bella is far too good to be sitting out, but we aren't the ones involved in their family decisions are we? Let's just say there's a culmination of reasons that their family decided she wasn't playing & that doesn't need to be told to anyone. I can tell you that it wasn't Patti's decision she didn't play. Was never put into her hands to decide. So, like I said before just post what you know. Certainly don't want people believing partial truths. It's how rumors start & next thing you know full blown bull&%it is spewing. This time what you knew was off a bit, so I felt it needed corrected.[/QUOTE]

No problem here. I know one thing, when it comes to female sports there is WAY TOO MUCH DRAMA!!!!!!

No argument from me that Bella is far too good to be sitting out, but we aren't the ones involved in their family decisions are we? Let's just say there's a culmination of reasons that their family decided she wasn't playing & that doesn't need to be told to anyone. I can tell you that it wasn't Patti's decision she didn't play. Was never put into her hands to decide. So, like I said before just post what you know. Certainly don't want people believing partial truths. It's how rumors start & next thing you know full blown bull&%it is spewing. This time what you knew was off a bit, so I felt it needed corrected.[/QUOTE]

No problem here. I know one thing, when it comes to female sports there is WAY TOO MUCH DRAMA!!!!!!

Now that is completely true!! :lol:

From what I was told by someone in the know, Patti told Bella she was going to handle the catching duties this year and she was fine with that. However Bella's mom caught wind of this and told Patti if she catches she will not play, Patti said, girls Bella's not playing this year. That's what I like about Patti she doesn't put up with any crap from players or parents.:ylsuper:

YOU ARE 100% ACCURATE - ON ALL ACCOUNTS!!! ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF PARENTS SCREWING A GOOD THING UP.:thumb:

YOU ARE 100% ACCURATE - ON ALL ACCOUNTS!!! ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF PARENTS SCREWING A GOOD THING UP.:thumb:

Do you have a problem with parents? Seems like all things wrong in sports has to do with parents. I would say this and every case is different but most good coaches have very few problems with parents, and I have coached or helped coach my whole life starting at 16 but I have never once blamed our teams problems on parents. There are ALOT of bad coaches out there and I am sure some crazy parents but you can't blame all your problems on parents.

Do you have a problem with parents? Seems like all things wrong in sports has to do with parents. I would say this and every case is different but most good coaches have very few problems with parents, and I have coached or helped coach my whole life starting at 16 but I have never once blamed our teams problems on parents. There are ALOT of bad coaches out there and I am sure some crazy parents but you can't blame all your problems on parents.

No problem with parents, just the behavior of a few which you find at every school and can ruin it for everyone. I'm not a coach so I can't comment from the sidelines, just the stands and my personal observations to the backstabbing and badmouthing that takes place about coaches and high school players. Usually, it is those parents who think they can do better, or their kid is the best and should get more (playing time, attention, etc.), etc. What I have found is that the issues and complaints the parents have is only important to them, not to their son or daughter. The kids need to learn to speak up on their own if they have an issue about something or someone. They will need to have that skill in college and the real world.

No problem with parents, just the behavior of a few which you find at every school and can ruin it for everyone. I'm not a coach so I can't comment from the sidelines, just the stands and my personal observations to the backstabbing and badmouthing that takes place about coaches and high school players. Usually, it is those parents who think they can do better, or their kid is the best and should get more (playing time, attention, etc.), etc. What I have found is that the issues and complaints the parents have is only important to them, not to their son or daughter. The kids need to learn to speak up on their own if they have an issue about something or someone. They will need to have that skill in college and the real world.

I am lucky I have not had to deal with those issues much if at all. As far as the parents knowing more than the coaches it happens all the time. I know I have had several parents know more than I about either soccer or softball, I don't get mad at them I usually try and see if their advice/cristism is accurate or not. Some times I ask certain parents if they are seeing the same thing as I am, it can be very helpful.

Colonel....just so everyone is aware, your personal observations listed above aren't what happened in this situation.