Bracken County 5 Conner 4

Final from Brooksville. Bracken was trailing 4-2 going into the bottom of the 7th. They rally with two outs, coming from behind for the victory. Great, quality win for the young Lady Bears squad!:dancingpa

Sounds like a fun game.

Final from Brooksville. Bracken was trailing 4-2 going into the bottom of the 7th. They rally with two outs, coming from behind for the victory. Great, quality win for the young Lady Bears squad!:dancingpa

Nice win for Bracken. Congrats on the victory.

Your right these are great games to watch. The bad thing is that one team has to lose !

Connor lost a couple very good players from last year, I thought they may drop down a notch maybe not.

Connor lost a couple very good players from last year, I thought they may drop down a notch maybe not.

Yes SSC I completely agree. They lost three outstanding players so I assumed they would be down a notch as well. Maybe they have some younger players that will be able to fill in but it won't be the same. They will definitely miss the three they lost.

Lady Bears are rolling big time in this early season(without Sara), how well do you think they stackup in the region at this point?

I've yet to see them play so it's hard for me to tell. I'll stick with my usual prediction that the 10th's top team resides in the 40th district.

Bears fans, help me out. I remember a really good Bears shortstop that played for them sometime around 2006 2007. I think she ended up going to NKU. How did her career go there?

Segille Melton (not sure of spelling of first name)? She was a heck of a fielder, played shortstop for the Lady Bears and did go to NKU for two years....playing first base for a while when their starting 1st baseman was injured. She quit softball and got married after her sophomore year. Super sweet young lady with lots of talent.

Segille Melton (not sure of spelling of first name)? She was a heck of a fielder, played shortstop for the Lady Bears and did go to NKU for two years....playing first base for a while when their starting 1st baseman was injured. She quit softball and got married after her sophomore year. Super sweet young lady with lots of talent.
Didn't the Feldhaus girl(think she was a catcher) also go to NKU around that time on a softball scholarship?