Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

newarkcatholicfan

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by newarkcatholicfan

  1. Norfolk Tides (Baltimore) At Memphis Redbirds (St. Louis)
  2. Name Baron Hardesty School Bullitt East High School (KY) Positions played Defensive End, Linebacker Graduating year 2026 Height and weight 6', 3" (245 lbs) What is the best part of being a student-athlete at Bullitt East High School? I get to play with a lot of teammates I have played with for years and get to experience Big Class 6A football games close to home. What is the toughest part of being a high school student-athlete? I probably manage my time between football, academics, work, family, and off-season training. I am stretched pretty thin most of the time. Last year, your team finished 9-3, losing to Pleasure Park Ridge, Male, and Ryle. Which of those teams was the best, in your opinion? Male Who was the best player that you have ever faced in a game, along with the reasons you believe he was so good? Probably Isaac "Spike" Sowells of Male; he just had solid technique. Also, a couple I faced in different camps had massive size and good technique. Where on the field do you feel you are the best? In the box, setting the edge and giving a rush to the QB What has been your most memorable moment as a football player? Winning the 2022 State Championship here at Bullitt East against Male. As an athlete, what has been your most embarrassing moment? Probably this past season, I had such a deep cut on my chin from my chin strap that every game got reopened and bled everywhere every Friday night. What are your goals for the 2024 season? I would like to personally break the school sack record as a junior, make the All-State Defense 1st Team, and have my team make it to state again. What will you miss the most from the 2024 class? We had a couple guys in our senior class that were just uplifting for our team and made Friday nights more exciting, like Kayden Jenkins and Gabe Henderson (unfortunately both had their seasons cut short mid-season with injuries last year), but they were great on the sidelines for our team. What is the worst part of practice? Offensive days are less exciting for my position. Key reads are probably my most dreaded practice moments. How long have you played football, along with the reasons you continue to play? I started football at 8 years old, so 8 years total. I continue to play because I have dedicated so much of my youth to building the player I am now, and I continue to learn and grow every day. I am on a mission to be my best. What is your go-to snack? Frozen pizza Do you watch horse racing? No, not at all. Not even on Derby What is the worst kind of music to have played during warm-ups over the PA system? Radio Country songs, music specifically Zack Bryan Link to pics that go with the interview sent by the player https://daveburnworth.blogspot.com/2024/05/2024-interview-with-baron-hardesty-from.html
  3. Modesto Nuts (Seattle) at Fresno Grizzlies (Colorado)
  4. Augusta Green Jackets (Braves) At Myrtle Beach Pelicans (Cubs)
  5. Oil 78.62 Gas Lowest 3.45 Hamilton Road & Reinbeau Drive (Columbus) Highest 3.75 Off of 270 & 315 (Worthington)
  6. Matthew Chandler Hazard High School Head Football Coach KCU/Morehead State University First, congratulations on getting the Hazard job! What makes being the head coach at Hazard High School so special for you? Growing up in the mountains and just having a love for mountain football, taking this job was a no-brainer for me. I grew up watching my uncle walk the sidelines at places like Hazard and Whitesburg and all of those places when he was a head coach at Whitesburg High School. So even though I’ve never been personally connected to Hazard specifically, it represents as a program something really personal for me, and it’s an honor to be a part of it. Knowing my two sons get to watch their dad live out that kind of dream means the world to me. When you first met with the team, what was the first thing you said to them? Just how excited I was to get started and how much work we had to do. They’ve been great and have absolutely worked their tails off, and it’s put us way ahead of schedule from a cultural standpoint. What offense and defense will you run? On offense, we will try to keep things simple. Try to utilize a lot of formations and motions to run a few concepts that we are really good at in multiple ways. We will use a lot of spread sets, but I’m an o-line guy, so I take a lot of pride in my teams being able to be physical up front and run the football as well. Defensively, we will operate out of a base-odd front (3–4). I think at the 1A level, you typically have more linebackers and DB-type players than you do with multiple or versatile guys up front. Plus, it fits our philosophy of not having to play all of our guys up front both ways the whole game. Will you have an open competition as to who is starting, or will you stay with the returning starters? There will be 22 wide open spots across the board. We’ve emphasized to our guys that everyone earns everything. And starting isn’t as important as how much you play. In 1A football, I’m a big believer that however many guys are capable of giving you reps, how many do you need to play? If I can steal reps with capable backups in the first three quarters of a game to be fresh in the fourth, that’s a huge advantage for us. What are your thoughts on playing in a bowl game? I love the early-season Bowl games. We played in multiple bowl games at Franklin County, and we actually will be playing in the Recreation Bowl to open the 2025 and 2026 seasons. I think they’re a great way to celebrate the opening of the season, and you get some really unique or cool matchups out of them. What will you look for as far as opponents go in non-district games? There’s certainly some challenging games across the board. Corbin is obviously a huge challenge, but all of our non-district opponents are going to be teams that we have to be mentally and physically prepared for to compete and give ourselves a chance to win. What will a typical practice look like for you as the head coach? We will practice fast and be efficient. Our guys will know that we have a very specific plan that involves individual positions, groups, and teamwork. We want to coach on the move and get as many quality reps as possible. Last year, it was not out of the ordinary at Franklin County for us to run 70+ offensive plays on our offensive emphasis days alone in 50–55 minutes. We will utilize that same tempo and efficiency. What will you try to do to get the numbers up for the football team? We’ve done a really good job of building up our roster so far, and our numbers should be okay. Being in small school football, it’s always something you have to be very intentional about. Part of that is doing everything with a purpose and communicating to everyone individually what their roles are and how important they are to team success. What are your thoughts on girls playing on the football team? I have never coached a team with a female athlete playing football. But as I say with every student athlete, if you can play, you can play! Obviously, there are some physical limitations that come into play as far as girls and football, but if a female athlete came out and proved they could do it, that wouldn’t be any different to me than a male athlete doing the same thing. If you could make one change when it comes to Kentucky High School football, what would it be? You hear so many people complaining about RPI and the playoffs. It’s exhausting to hear all of it. I personally think we are in a really good place as a state football team. I don’t think I would make any drastic changes. I would like to see our kids have more opportunities to throw 7 on 7 in June. There’s also summer basketball going on, so I think you would have to limit the number of competitions (kind of like limiting how many scrimmages you get) to avoid making kids pick between the two. What are your thoughts about student-athletes playing more than one sport? I love it. I think specialization has cut down on the number of “ball players,” you see. Kids have fewer and fewer opportunities to be put in physically stressful situations where they’re forced to compete when they specialize. Give me a team full of guys who will dive for a loose ball or slide into foul ground for a third out, and we can win some football games! I do think carving out time to get in the weight room while playing multiple sports is a true game changer, though. That’s when you are really onto something. What was the last book you read, along with the author? American Commando by John Wukovitz. It’s a biography of Evans Carlson, who a lot of people consider the first “Special Forces” commander in US history. I’m a big history guy. What is the one sport you cannot watch on TV? Believe it or not, I would say college basketball if it’s not Kentucky playing. If you could pick another time period to live in, when would it be, along with the reason? The frontier era of Daniel Boone and James Harrod settling Kentucky has always fascinated me. I’d like to have known what it was like to see Kentucky before it was settled. Link with pics the coach sent to go with his article. https://daveburnworth.blogspot.com/2024/05/2024-interview-with-new-hazard-ky-head.html
  7. How long have you played football, and why do you continue to play? I’ve played my whole life. Which game are you looking forward to the most this season, along with the reason why? Pikeville because I want to prove everyone wrong. What did you learn about yourself during the last season that you can use this season to be more successful? Leave it all on the field and give 110% at all times. What is the strongest part of your game? My shiftiness and heart. Who is the toughest teammate to go up against in practice? Gaige Logan Entering your Sophmore season What are your goals for the 2024 season? To finish the season knowing I gave it my all According to your Hudl page, you are listed as a wide receiver and cornerback. Of those two positions, which one do you feel is the toughest to prepare for? Definitely corner. Up until now, what has been your biggest moment as an athlete? Scoring my first varsity touchdown. How much time do you spend watching game films on your own? The day before games, I’ll sit down and watch films for hours. What are you going to miss the most from the 2024 class? The players If you could pick another time period to live in, when would it be, along with the reason? The 80’s because it seemed a lot more fun. What is your favorite type of music? Country Have you ever been to a University of Pikeville football game? Yes!!! Link with pics with the interview https://daveburnworth.blogspot.com/2024/05/2024-interview-with-very-focused-connor.html
  8. Jupiter Hammerheads (Miami) at St. Lucie Mets (Mets)
  9. Thanks. That is why I added the 2027. I figured everyone would see that was the year this confident young man was to graduate.
  10. Gavin Johnson Hazard High School WR/SS 2027 6’1 185 What will your personal goals for the 2024 season be? Win a state championship with the kids I’ve been playing with since I was in 3rd grade. What is the strongest part of your game? I’d say being able to high-point deep balls out wide Which game are you looking forward to the most this season, along with the reason why? We are playing Pikeville because they are the defending state champions, and I feel like it’s going to be a statement to the entire state when we beat them. In watching some of your HUDL highlights, I like how you get North and South when you are returning kickoffs. Is there a pro or college returner that you pattern that part of your game from? Barion Brown from my home state college team, Kentucky, is going back and watching his highlights after every game. Again, watching your Hudl stuff, you seem to make it look easy to catch the ball in tight coverage. What all goes into making it look so easy? I’ve been practicing hard catches like the ones I make now since I was a little kid. Where on the field do you consider to be your best spot? Wide receiver What was the highlight of your 2023 season? Scoring my first varsity touchdown What did you learn about yourself during the last season that you can use this season to be more successful? No matter how your season goes, just keep working, and it’s all going to work out. What is the best part of being a student-athlete at Hazard High School? Me and the entire team are like family. What is the toughest part of being a student-athlete at Hazard High School? Trying to still balance being a kid while working as hard as I can in the classroom and football What is the worst weather to play in? Rain because it’s harder to catch balls and move. What is your favorite part of practice? 1on1 If you could pick another time period to live in, when would it be, along with the reason? The 90s because everything in the world was in a better place than it is now. Outside of sports, what do you do for fun? I like to fish with friends and train with my trainer Brecken Harvey. What was the last book you read, along with the author? Never finished: David Goggins Link to article with pics https://daveburnworth.blogspot.com/2024/05/2024-interview-with-very-confident.html
  11. Oline Toledo Mud Hens at Columbus Clippers TV Houston Roughnecks at St. Loius Batlehawks (Over 32,000 at this one)
  12. Aberdeen Iron Birds At Brooklyn Cyclones
  13. Carsan Hehman Dixie Heights High School (Northern Kentucky) Offensive Tackle, right 2025 6’3. 240lbs How long have you played football, along with the reasons you continue to play? Freshman year. I love the brotherhood, competing, and working hard. What was the high point of your 2023 season? We won our first round of the playoffs, the best game of my season, with seven pancakes and a play that gained us 15 yards to score another touchdown. What was the low point of your 2023 season? Losing in the second round playoffs to a really good Highlands team. What are you going to miss the most from the 2024 class? We had a special team with some great guys. Who has been the best player you have ever faced in a game, along with the team he played for? Brach Rice, Dixie Heights. He’s just built differently. Offensive line or defensive line, which do you feel is the hardest to prepare for? Explain: On the offensive line, you have plays to memorize and a QB to protect; on the defensive line, you just have to get the ball at any cost. For a lineman, which type of weather is the toughest to play in? Hot, humid weather If you are invited to play in the Northern Kentucky all-star game, will you? Oh, heck yeah! I have just started asking players and coaches this question. Do private schools have an unfair advantage over public schools? I’m indifferent to this question. I think both have advantages and disadvantages. Have you heard from any college coaches? If so, would you name a few of them? I’ve talked to a few coaches. What is one thing you'd like to do in a game that you most likely never get to? Carry the ball; just run through the line to score a TD. What is the best part of being a student-athlete at Dixie Heights? All the athletes support each other, whether it’s football, baseball, boys, or girls; we all support each other. Who is your favorite college football team? Definitely UK; great atmosphere in Lexington on game days. Where is the best spot in town to grab a good meal? Hmm, I’m a lineman. I love to eat, but definitely Camporrosso Pizza. I happen to work there as well. What is your favorite holiday? The 4th of July. Link to article with pics https://daveburnworth.blogspot.com/2024/05/2024-interview-with-up-and-coming.html
  14. My picks W Sierra Leone 3-1 PL Just A Touch 10-1 SH Dornoch 20-1
  15. Toledo Mud Hens At Columbus Clippers
  16. Down East Wood Ducks at Fredericksburg Nationals
  17. April 615-Poison-Open Up And Say Ahh 616-Joe Diffie-Greatest Hits 617-Wasp-Unholy Terror 618-David Cassidy-Dreams Are Nuthin' More Than Wishes 619-John Cougar-American Fool 620-Rhett Akins-Friday In Dixie 621-Jeff Carson-Jeff Carson 622-Jason Sellers-I'm Your Man 623-Styx-Greatest Hits 624-Exile-Mixed Emotions 625-Kelly Butler-Dirt Roads 626-Kiss-Dressed To Kill 627-Kiss-Rock And Roll Over 628-Kiss-Hotter Than Hell 629-Paul Stanley And Soul Station-Now And Then 630-Paul Stanley-Live To Win 631-Randy Travis-Always & Forever 632-Garth Brooks-Gunslinger 633-Garth Brooks-Garth Brooks 634-The Partridge Family-Shopping Bag 635-The Osmonds-Phase Three 636-Bob Seger-Nine Tonight(Live) 637-Rod Stewart-Unplugged Seated 638-Eric Agnew-No Limits 639-Eric Agnew-Beyond No Limits 640-Ray Parker & Raydio-A Woman Needs Love 641-644-Various Artists-Love & More 645-Garth Brooks-The Ultimate Hits 646-Kiss-Destroyer 647-Lionel Richie-Front To Back 648-The Partridge Family-Sound Magazine 649-The Knack-Get The Knack 650-Eddied Money-The Best Of 651-Air Suppl-Air Supply 652-Dan Hill- Dance Of Love 653-Rex Smith-Sooner Or Later 654-The Cars-Candy O' 655-ACDC-For Those About To Rock 656-Styx-Greatest Hits 657-Boz Scaggs-Hits 658-Jason Meadows-100% Cowboy 659-Luke Bryan-Crash My Party (Deluxe Edition) 670-Sam Hunt-X2C 671-Blake Shelton-Love Language 672-Brett Young-The Love Songs 673-The Cars-The Cars 674-Motley Crue-Theatre Of Pain 675-Ray Parker-Sex And The Single Man 676-Hinder-Extreme Behavior 677-3 Doors Down-The Better Life 678-680-Air Supply-The One That You Love 681-683-Bon Jovi-Slippery When Wet 684-Elvis-Always On My Mind 685-Great White-Hooked 686-L.A.GUNS- L.A.Guns 687-The Doobie Brothers-The Best Of 688-Eagles-Their Greatest Hits 689-CCR-Chronicle 20 Greatest Hits 690-Paul McCartney-All The Best 691-Sam Grow-Avalon Avenue 692-Frank Foster-Southern Soul 693-Wade Reeves-Keep On Dreaming 694-Michael Jackson-Off The Wall 695-K.C.& The Sunshine Band-The Best Of 696-Donna Summer-On The Radio Greatest Hits 687-Kiss-Love Gun 688-Kiss-Alive IV 689-692-Various artists-Love & More 693-Kiss-Hot In The Shade 694-Kiss Alive IV 695-Bay City Rollers-Collection 696-Shaun Cassisy-Shaun Cassidy 697-The Partridge Family-Album 698-The Partridge Family-Sound Magazine 699-Shawn Mayer-Stronger 700-ZZ Top-Eliminatorr 701-Breat Young-The Love Songs 702-Three Days Grace-Three Days Grace 703-Little Texas-Greatest Hits 704-Kiss-Revenge 705-Poison-Look What The Cat Dragged In 706-The Grass Roots-The Best Of 707-Queen-News Of The World 708-Dan And Shay-Dan And Shay 709-Barry Manilow=Greatest Hits 1 710-Hall And Oates-Greatest Hits 1 711-A Hard Mountain-Rock Classics 712-Kiss-Crazy Nights 713-ACDC-Back In Black 714-ACDC-Highway To Hell 715-ACDC-High Voltage 716-Van Halen-Best Of Both Worlds 717-Bon Jovi-Crossroad 718-Europe-Europe 719-Toby Keith-100% Songwriter 720-Alan Jackson-Here In The Real World 721-Alan Jackson-Don't Rock The Jukebox 722-Kiss-Rock And Roll Over 723-Lobo-The Best Of 724-Silent Rage-Don't Touch Me There 725-Silent Rage-Shattered Hearts 726-Kiss-Smashes, Thrashes, And Hits 727-B.J.Thomas-Greatest Hits 728-The Partridge Family-Come On Get Happy (Greatest Hits) 729-Luke Bryan-Kill The Lights 730-Travis Hits-A Man And His Guitar
  18. Work, Gym, and a visit at Rittenhouse in Gahanna.
  19. April 1st 31,451 2nd 22,553 3rd 36,046 4th 22,762 5th 23,399 6th 12,085 7th 15,017 8th 31,945 9th 23,260 10th 36,376 11th 23,625 12th 26,782 13th 17,513 14th 13,232 15th 22,384 16th 21,612 17th 19,986 18th 25,418 19th 20,478 20th 22,584 21st 7,840 22nd 16,419 23rd 14,415 24th 18,560 25th 13,979 26th 15,015 27th 24,656 28th 13,908 29th 15,468 30th 17,491
  20. Memphis Redbirds AT Charlotte Knights

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.