Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

PTown Dad

Membership

Everything posted by PTown Dad

  1. I believe it was from Kentucky Prep Gridiron. I’m not familiar with them but he included some decent commentary.
  2. My buddy sent me a prediction from a website that picked McCracken by 6. I’m not gonna lie - I had to do a double take. The article touted McCracken’s QB, Maddox O’Neal and I agree that he’s very good. But I think PT has the upper hand in the majority of the other position groups. Maybe this one will be closer than I originally thought???
  3. These are the most significant transfers impacting Region 1 this year: -Miles Woodfork (Sr). PT to McCracken. A pure scorer and can do it a lot of different ways. His lefty floater is outstanding -Caden Fulcher (Jr). McCracken to Graves. An all-around solid player. The Eagles have tons of quality guards this year. -Jacobi Nichols (Soph). Madisonville to St. Mary. He didn’t play a huge role for the Maroons as a Freshman but I guarantee you he’ll play a big one for the Vikings this season. I think he’s 6-6. -Acey Stricklin (Jr) Murray to Calloway. One of the best dunkers in the 1st region. The Lakers lost a ton to graduation and he will help out. Who else???
  4. I was a little surprised to see PT at #6 in the last 4A poll that I looked at - but when you see who the Top 5 are it makes some sense. Initially I was concerned about the Tornado losing their top 5 pass catchers. I’ve come around and I’m going to list PT’s Top 7 (yes 7!) WRs. This is in alphabetical order and NOT a ranking: -Jaron Anderson - had nearly 700 yards receiving last year…for Ballard Memorial. He’s back with the Tornado. -Brendan Brown - I have heard he has some pretty high-level offers but admittedly I haven’t seen him a lot. Injuries hurt his Soph season and he didn’t crack the starting rotation last year. -Chance McPike - also has some very good offers. Transfer from the St. Louis area. He may feature more at DB. -Jemmarrion Purdiman. Excellent athlete and also a solid b-ball player. 9th on the team last year in receiving yards. -Blair Sains. Another outstanding yards who racked up lots of yards from scrimmage last year behind center for the Bombers. -Avery Thompson. Was 6th last year in receiving and missed a few games due to a broken foot. He has offers from UK, Wisconsin and several others. If you asked me who I would predict would lead the team in catches - it would be Thompson. Cam Wade. Most likely the speediest of all. Has offers from LSU and Tennessee. Transferred from the Nashville area. There are others too! PT is going to score a boatload of points again this year! How are they going to be on the other side of the ball? I don’t know much about their D Line.
  5. I do know that Graves has a list of their all-time leading scorers at one end of these gym but I haven’t looked at it in awhile. Maybe someone who sees it at the Eagles’ nest can chime in.
  6. Yes - Matthew is Dan’s son. I think he is around 6-6, but maybe a little taller. And you guessed it - he can shoot! It’s my understanding that Dan made a pretty good living playing ball overseas. I think he even played in Argentina for a few years I think.
  7. Yes - I am pretty sure that is his son. I never saw Woody play but I heard he was very good. Miles is a lefty and has an outstanding left-handed floater. He can score in a lot of different ways.
  8. Hello this is PTown Dad and this is my Still Too Early Top 10 with a little commentary on each. One important note - there’s not much that separates 4 through 9. I think each of those teams could beat each other on a given night: 1. McCracken - I assume the Miles Woodfork transfer from PT will be cleared and him and Klope (back from injury) could easily average 40 points together. And there’s plenty of quality depth around them. 2. Marshall - 1st option - Matthew Langhi. 2nd option - Langhi, 3rd option - Langhi. Good luck stopping him. The Marshals lost three quality seniors but there’s still plenty of talent around him. 3. Graves - it seems most of the Eagles fans were pleased with the Kimbler hire. The junior class has some solid guards - good luck keeping Ty Cavette out of the lane. I believe Fulcher has transferred from McCracken. 4. Mayfield - this spot may surprise some people but Owen Byrd is one of the top players in the region and they have some good young talent. They have size too. 5. St. Mary - Griffin Mayes has to be one of the Top 5 Freshmen in Ky. I don’t see any weaknesses in him. The losses of Sims and Haas will hurt but I’ve heard good things about the 6-6 transfer from Madisonville. Quality depth? Nope. 6. Carlisle - Wyatt Richard is possibly the best prospect out of this area. And they have twin towers too. I don’t know much about their guards. 7. Tilghman - the Coach Overstreet firing wasn’t very well received but I think PT made a solid hire with David Davis from Meridian. The junior and senior classes are now thin with the Woodfork departure but they have a solid Soph class. Avery Thompson is a very good athlete & defender and will probably need to pick up some of the scoring load. Warren Carruthers is a name to watch. 8. Calloway - it feels strange to drop the defending region champs to 8, but with the huge losses of Butler and Finley there’s a ton of production that graduated. Luke Armstrong can score and I believe Acey Stricklin has moved over from Murray. 9. Murray - please remember that I said there wasn’t much separating 4 through 9. The Tigers have a strong duo in Moore and Robbins. I think they’re also very excited to have a good, young coach in Colin Doss. 10. Ballard Mem. - the Birney days are over but this program is always decent when it comes to basketball. Ok for all of you Region 1 gurus out there. Do you like my rankings? What would you change?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.