Everything posted by Muskie
-
Top 15 Players in the State 2017-18
Scorer- Taylor Frederick Fitzgerald Moreno Tandy Top 5
-
Top 15 Players in the State 2017-18
Shooter - Frederick Defender-Faulkner Ball Handler - Harmon SHot Blocker - Pearson Dunker - Scrubbs
-
'18 Newport G MeKell Burries
Congrats to a fine young man !
-
Henderson losing two top players
I'm hearing they are in fact at Henderson. Looks like someone is going to Rupp
-
Top 15 Players in the State 2017-18
I'm not aware of KY select and I know no one goes to Bolus Camps anymore so this makes sense . Thank you for the clarifying .
-
Top 15 Players in the State 2017-18
Who did Hayes play for this summer ?
-
Top 10 Teams in the 9th
Mr Sixer I agree with all your comments . Should be a fun year around the state . We would def agree that Cooper lost a ton arguably their two best all around players and Covington Catholic lost their heart and soul with VonHandorf . I believe that Covington Catholics additions way outweigh Cooper's in my opinion . They are loaded for years to come with 6-7 NIck Thelen , 6-5 Jack Davin , 6-5 Micheal Mayer .....
-
Top 15 Players in the State 2017-18
Rick Bolus Top 12 1- CJ Fredrick 2- Jake Walter 3- Jerome Reed 4-Jayden Scrubb 5- Trevon Faulkner 6- Justin Mitchell 7- Ethan Haynes 8- Markel Turner 9- Mickey Pearson 10-Oumar Keita 11- Steven Fitzgerald 12- Trey Hill Their is no way that Andrew Taylor from Corbin isn't on this list . Outside Of CJ Fredrick he had the best summer against the best competition. I'm not sure anyone that really knows the game has Ethan Haynes on this list and Taylor not on. Although he is rated 14th according to Bolus this just shows Rick rankings really do not mean much .
-
Do Shoe Companies Provide any of your players or Teams Gear, Trips, Etc for Free?
No one from Cov Cath touching this one !
-
Top 10 Teams in the 9th
Micheal Spencer did not play on Covington Catholics JV team from someone I talked to , Both Mayer's are playing basketball per Covington Catholics JV coach . They both were at picture night Wed evening . Not sure how you can help Cooper's varsity when you couldn't play for Covington Catholics jv team ? Not sure the group you mentioned can match up with Fredrick , Ruthsatz , Walters , Davin , Mayer , Mayer , Thelen , Deere every kid listed but Ruthsatz is 6-4 or taller. Going to be fun watching Sullivan and Ruthsatz . If Covington Catholic reached the finals this will be Ruthsatz six straight finals of the regional in seven years guy has done the best coaching job in the state year in year out . If Sullivan can knock off Covington Catholic it will be an upset . Losing Hendrix and McNeil are major . Most nights those two players were the best basketball players for a Cooper .
-
Top 10 Teams in the 9th
Who are the transfers ? I never heard of Houston where did he play and who are the other two?
-
Top 15 Players in the State 2017-18
Since you asked . I saw him in Dallas with Vision 22 and looked lost and barely played . As I stated in high level aau best players play . I saw the Ryle game , and Ryle has very limited talent. RYle box and oned him and Pendleton had no idea what to run against the gimmick defense . I can name other games if you like . What offers does he have except NKU ? You get a real feel how good a kid is in high level aau . Unfortunately kids get recruited what they do in the shoe circuit what they do in high school means very little to Div 1 coaches and he quit after the one tournament. Outside of Johnson and Moreno what makes this class so special ? Like I said I'm looking forward to watching him this spring and summer against great comp to see how he matches up . As stated earlier I love John B and if he offered the kid he is good . Just in my opinion who is he better than on the list . None in the top 10. He's just a jr and has plenty of time to show I'm wrong .
-
Top 15 Players in the State 2017-18
As I stated you can make the case he's 4th !
-
Top team in the 10th region
Region is way down
-
Top 10 players in the 9th region? Do they have 10?
Not sure their are ten from what I have seen IMO so here is my TOP 5 since I don't know all the kids 1- Fredrick - Chooses Iowa over XU . Favorite For Mr Basketball, Huge summer can score all three levels ! 2- Kunkle - had a great tourney run really struggled this spring and summer but Belmont stayed true to their commitment. Plays his Tail off and competes every play , 3- Walter - Xavier , has really improved from last year , kid is a monster and thrilled he will be a Muskie . 4-Burress - Newport Kid can really fill it up but struggled for Shining stars . 5- AJ Meyer stud QB who I saw light up Lex Cath . Athletic pound for pound maybe toughest kid in state !
-
Top 15 Players in the State 2017-18
Great stuff Coach lee
-
2018 Bluegrass-Buckeye Classic
Big time games will have to mke my way to the Bank of KY for these !
-
Top 15 Players in the State 2017-18
Wildcat I'm not arguing with you we both have our opinions but college college usually decide the level a plyer is . I agree with you on Fredrick he's improved so much and Pearson I just completely forgot him I would put him 4th on my list . But leaving Johnson Harmon Tandy out of top five I just can't give you . As I said I saw ALlen play in high school three games , he got boxed in one twice and they had no clue what to do . If you think I'm missing on this evaluation then I will catch some more games this year and if I'm wrong I will be the first to admit it . He did not play well the two tourneys I saw in April for vision 22 and barely played . Coaches play best players in my opinion and he didn't play much .
-
Top 15 Players in the State 2017-18
So your telling me he's the best player in the state ? He's better than David Johnson ?
-
Top 15 Players in the State 2017-18
Now that's funny !
-
Top 15 Players in the State 2017-18
I agree with you on Mickey he is a great player and I completely over looked him , he had a great summer . I will admit I missed this and I'm a big fan . Kids get recruited at the level they are . I saw plenty of games this spring and summer for my recruiting service and I'm going on my evaluation not on adidas online stats .
-
Top 15 Players in the State 2017-18
So here are the top 15 IMO. I have seen all the players in high school action, many in AAU, and the level of their recruitment says it all. 1A- David Johnson- UL... Clear favorite to win Mr. Basketball in 2019. Special Talent..Reminds me of Milt Wagner- Labradford Smith... Four Star player who has the chance to start for Pitino the first day he walks on campus....Magic's best player regardless of age. 1B- CJ Fredrick- Iowa ( still wish he would of chose XU )....Its his to lose Mr Basketball 2019. . Sky is the ceiling for this do it all combo guard. Scores at all three levels but his 3 point shooting sets him way apart.....Iowa is getting the next Kirk Hinrich. Shot the ball as well as any prospect in the country and defense really has improved this summer. 3 Zion Harmon- Might go down is the states biggest best draw since Richie Farmer - Rex Chapman..Tenn has offered... had a monster summer expect more and more from this mini Chris Jackson ...Lock for 2021 Mr. Basketball and State Champ. 4. KyKY Tandy- Florida- Oklahoma offers do not come around the state often. Strong physical guard who gets in the lane at ease. Crafty - shifty the number 2 player in the state in the 2019 class. 5. Justin Powell- Best player in the 2020 class. I love this kid - as does Chris Mack with a Xavier offer. I really believe this kid will be the states Next McDonald All American with two more years of development. Great year for the prestigious Atlanta Celtics. has sneaky athleticism. 6- Jake Walter- Xavier ... Hes Huge Period. Saw him in the spring - summer and he has really improved. Looked like a project early on but was told he has really been working on his conditioning and it showed. Rebounding out of his space and scoring around rim you just cant help loving a kid the size of this beast. Showed a mean streak that I didn't see during school year. Nice summer for the prestigious Indiana Elite Program. Cant wait to watch him develop playing for the Muskies 7-Micheal Moreno - Big Ten offers...Does it all for Scott County ...rebounds, defends, passes, scores can argue hes the most valuable player in the state to his high school team. This Paul Peirce small forward will play high major basketball with another successful AAU YEAR. Hes a walking stat sheet stuffer . 8- Steven Fitzgerald- Big Strong Powerful Guard who seems to have been playing high school for six years since hes starting as a freshmen. Had an up and down year with the Louisville Magic with some huge games and then some games he disappeared. Played well in July which should help his stock. One thing is for sure he's always been able to shoot and score. The next step will be his handle and ability to make other players better on the next level. 9. Andrew Taylor- Furman Commit. Big pg who if Moreno isn't the most valuable player on his high school team in the state then it is Andrew for sure. Had a rough April Start on the new adidas team Vision 22 - left to the Louisville Magic and thrived. Had a monster July and Furman just maybe getting the steal of the state. Scores at a high level averaging 25 plus....and double figs on the Adidas circuit in July 10- Trevon Faulkner- NKU...John Brannen searched for toughness all spring and summer and he got it in spades with Trevon. The toughest- best defender in the state this kid can play for me anyplace anytime. Slasher who gets to the rim.. His offense might not covert to high major basketball but it sure will in the Horizon. He and Coopers Adam Kunkle were NKUs targets all summer and they got one of the two prized in state targets. 11- Jay Scrubbs- The states best athlete is who separates Trinity from the rest of the state. The upside this kid has is a joke and he is just a electric player. I could make the case for Hill or Kunkle in this spot but Jays ability to change the game with his blocks, defense, dunks was just too enticing. If he gets his jumper to go with his athleticism this kid could make a top 5 argument. 12. Adam Kunkel Belmont....... He along with Bellermines Sean McNeil- Indian State footballs Dante Hendrix led Cooper to the title game where Zion Harmon was just too tough. I just love his competitive spirit and drive. Adam had a great year for Cooper and the state tourney run put him on the map. Had a tough time this spring and summer on a Vision 22 team featuring UK recruit Jaxson Hayes and Louiville-Kansas-Uk target Romeo Langford. Being his first year on the circuit against high level athletes Adam struggled only averaging 6 points while shooting 35 percent from the field and low 20s from 3. Belmont showed their loyalty and held their commitment throughout and broke the hearts of NKU fans. 13. Trey Hill VCU-EKU Offer - High level player in the 2019 class. The next in the long line of PRP wings through the years. High high motor who can score at the rim with the best of them..6-4 long arms who if he develops a consistent three point shot the high major interest he has received from Butler- Purdue etc will turn into offers 14. Kyle Rode - NKU OFFER- One of the most talked about players in the state and is only a junior.This kid would be smart to pick NKU. He is a John Brannen type of kid. Smart, heady, team player with elite high school size. His lack of athleticism hurts him on the AAU circuit but bullies kids in HS Bball with his strength. Biggest year to date of his basketball career. Will he be the kid who just was bigger and stronger his whole life that lacked elite skill or the kid who continues to become a better athlete with a higher skill set to match his size and strength. Im betting on the later and he has a huge year for LCA. 15- Dontae Allen- NKU Offer.. Heard so much about this young man since he was a freshmen. Very tough player to evaluate. Watched three times in high school and was boxed in one twice and his high school coach had no clue what to run. I honestly felt bad for the kid as he gets no help at Pendleton County. AAU was a mess as he sat for Vision 22 and went to Hoop Dreams - Royals. High level high school scorer just did not get to see him get lots of minutes against elite competition. But with a John Brannen offer that's confirmation kid is big time.