Everything posted by westernky
-
Will Covington Catholic be the top team in 5A in 2018?
I don't know a whole lot about many of the 5A schools but I think at this point Bowling Green would be my pick to win it all but like I said I'm definitely no expert.
-
Who is the best Kentucky
Also Tyrik Edwards is playing at Jacksonville State, I'm not sure on his stats but they beat Murray State the other night. Eli Pepper at Lipscomb should definitely be considered, he's one of their best players and had a highlight real dunk on Moe Bamba at Texas earlier in the season.
-
Games cancelled for Friday 1/12/18 & Saturday 1/13/18
Any word on Paducah Tilghman/ McCracken County?
-
Shorty Cager has been cleared
I'm my eyes Hopkinsville is the favorite to win the region now. This Hopkinsville team has limped through the first half of the season and as soon as they're all healthy and playing I think they're probably a top 15 team in the state.
-
Shorty Cager has been cleared
Per Chris Jung on Twitter, Hopkinsville's Shorty Cager has been cleared for athletic activities effective Saturday.
-
Paducah Tilghman 72 Marshall County 52
Any stats? That's an impressive win against a team that has played Lexington Catholic, Warren central, and Hopkinsville close
-
Christian County/UHA (Called at halftime because of floor conditions)
UHA led 35-32 at halftime. The game was called due to bad floor conditions at Heights. The game will resume at another day. Date TBD. Per Chris Jung on Twitter.
-
BluegrassPreps.com 1st Region Week 6 in Review & Rankings
I watched them last season against Carbondale, Tilghman won by 10. Carbondale has 2 D1 committed guards (Darius Beane-SIU, Kani Acree Ball State). This is always a pretty tough tournament, at this point I'd say Tilghman is the favorite this year.
-
BluegrassPreps.com 1st Region Week 6 in Review & Rankings
The Superman Classic should have some good games. I'm hoping for another Paducah Tilghman/ Carbondale IL game. I believe Graves will be there as well this year
-
Ballard 88 Pleasure Ridge Park 68
I would think if Hill and Gray were both playing that this would've been a close game with Ballard pulling out the win. But I haven't seen either team play so that's just my assumption
-
Paducah Tilghman 87 Christian County 84
I felt like JJ was the best player on the court last night, he did a little of everything. I've thought for awhile that all he needs is to be more aggressive and he was certainly aggressive last night. With that said T Ware is hard to guard because he can shoot from anywhere after he crosses mid court and he just finds a way to be in the right place to get offensive rebounds. I agree they're probably the 2 best seniors in WKY
-
Paducah Tilghman 87 Christian County 84
I don't know the stats but it seemed to like County got a lot of offensive rebounds tonight. Christian County's size and ability to rebound should be a huge advantage against UHA.
-
Paducah Tilghman 87 Christian County 84
JJ Reed led Tilghman with 35 points and 10 rebounds. Tilghman got to the rim at will in the first half. This was a great game to watch
-
Paducah Tilghman/Christian County updates
PT steals the inbounds pass and runs the clock out. 87-84 PT final
-
Paducah Tilghman/Christian County updates
I'm enjoying this! My only question is how is a tech not assesssd to CC for having 6 players on the floor?
-
Paducah Tilghman/Christian County updates
Thomas at the line now Make Make 87-84 PT
-
Paducah Tilghman/Christian County updates
A CC player ran into the floor from the bench while Thomas was at the line. The refs are discussing what to do now
-
Paducah Tilghman/Christian County updates
Thomas to the line again, PT up 85-84
-
Paducah Tilghman/Christian County updates
85-84 T Ware hit a leaning 3. PT ball with 7 seconds left
-
Paducah Tilghman/Christian County updates
CC is fouling now. Thomas to the line Make Make 85-81 PT
-
Paducah Tilghman/Christian County updates
83-81 PT with 44.3 seconds left. Ware got a offensive rebound and putback to cut the lead to 2. PT ball after the timeout
-
Paducah Tilghman/Christian County updates
Thomas at the FT line Make Miss Make Miss 81-79 PT
-
Paducah Tilghman/Christian County updates
Technical against Long of CC after he was called for a foul against Thomas. Free throws coming for PT
-
Paducah Tilghman/Christian County updates
There's been a few bad calls each way I believe. The County fans aren't happy either about some. I'd say there's been a few more questionable calls against PT but the refs aren't too bad
-
Paducah Tilghman/Christian County updates
Thomas to the line for 2 for PT Miss Make 79-79